What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HGL XB70 vs DIY Strip Light

Dr Watt

Who What
Zip zip zip .... very effective sounds upon my arrival. I am subscribed to this thread and will be following. I recks a 3-5 daily updates w/ pics is plenty. Interested to see those plants pick up and, I assume, you are hand watering.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Welcome mates

@Dr Watt I will do my best to do a minimum of 3 daily updates then

So far I have been handwatering, just spread them out and placed them on wicking/capillary matting.
I have no timer feeding set on these, the plan for now, is manually turn the pump on and bottom feed them once a week. The rest of the time, if a plant or area looks dry I will try my best and spot water as needed.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 12

And now all 3 cabinets are loaded with 36 clones, there is a few extras in the top and bottom. Just runts that, I couldnt deside on wich to toss.

Most of the runts went into the bottom cab, but kept some in each of the two other cabs. So they are evenly distributed, and I didn't just remove runts from one can and not the other.
Also didn't wanna run the bottom cabinet, only with runts so it's been mixed up a little.

Haven't moved any from the top to the middle, or other way around this time. Only did that to fill out the space, left from the 20 male clones I removed on day 8.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice to see them all full now will be interesting to see the outcome of white light compared to the coloured one should be interesting to say the least time will tell but for now its all looking good in here Palindrome :tiphat:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
whats your projections? 3-7 grams each?

i really dont know what to expect here so dont take it wrong

Im aiming for 5.5 - 6 grams per plant, but im sure some will be 3 and others might finish around 7-8 grams.

Im happy with a gpw around 1, each cab got 200+ Watt and devided with the 36 clones that's 5.5 gram.
Still not feeling im on the top of my game grow wise, there is still room for improvements on the actual growing.

@DARKSIDER Yeah im also looking forward to see the difference, if there will be any change in yeild, terp profile or if they will do about the same.

So far they look better under the HGL lights, but again it's hard to say for sure with the odd color light.
Maybe I should try and take one from each cab, and compare em under some normal white light.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
2 Weeks

2 Weeks

Thanks catman and everyone else, for the positive feedback!

Flower day 14

Most of them are starting to flower, forming little buds and a few still only showing a single pistil or two.

Dr Watt

Who What
My Browsing Bad !

My Browsing Bad !

Hey, just thought of something. I could skip pages to go forward a few days, so my apologies if any offence :skiiing:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Flower day 15

Flower day 15

Your welcome Mr.Brunch, nice to see you here!

@Dr Watt im not sure what you mean, but no offence taken. If you get to the end of this before the rest of us, plz no spoilers okay!? :biggrin:

Now to today's picture

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I believe he was suggesting earlier that you post photos less often, like every 3 days. Then he realized that he could just skip a few pages at a time in the thread.

That sounds logical!

I like day by day shots, should make a nice gif in the end.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Flower day 17

Flower day 17

Took a few extra pictures, as to show I find it really hard to see what is looking best.

I think the HGL is doing a better job, not shure what makes this happen.
But the plants under the Multi spectrum light don't curl/spoon, in the same way as some of the clones under the full spectrum LED strips.

They are all treated the same, same soil, water and nutrients.
Only difference besides the spectrum, is the 2C degrees of extra heat.
The onboard driver on the HGL XB70's, gives of more heat then my bare strip lights. As the drivers for them, are mounted outside the cabinets.

Latest posts

Latest posts