What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HGL XB70 vs DIY Strip Light

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Stellar!

Congratulations Palindrome for the good harvest, I'm very interested in this kind of comparisons especially with lights whose makers make bold claims about their performance(HGL), facts speak louder than words.

The numbers will do the talking, thanks for making this test.

Cheers

Yeah agreed, tho I will be fair and rehang the lights, and then do a 2nd test.

The run from the other cabinets, I just jared a few days ago was the lowest yeald I have had to date.
Got to get the water quality fixed!

techattack

I am waiting for the weight eheh. It really looked like the bottom cabinet had the dense buds and not so taller clones. In the beginning it looked the inverse. Well done.

starke

Good comparison grow. Results should be interesting as the photos throughout appear too close to call - at least to my half blind ass.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice Work again my guess is the white light will produce a little more but thats just imho time will tell and the new forge looks killer nice one Palindrome :tiphat:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Final Result of the first test

Final Result of the first test

Okay guys, now everything have been dried, trimmed and weighed up. Now the final results are in, and it was not what I had expected.

First trimmed up the plants from the top cabinet, with the HGL lights installed. The final weigh on that was 120 gram, it was easy to trim and the buds might been small but dense and covered in sticky trichomes. That resulted in a nice ball of scissor hash, that I smoked later that evening.

Thats 0.57 gpw for the HGL Cabinet

Now on to the DIY cabinet, that where looking and feeling better at harvest.
Trim job took much longer, there where a ton of leaf and not so much bud. The buds are not as dense as the HGL grown, but still covered in a lot of trichomes. Tho these where not nearly as sticky, didn't yeald much scissor hash and total weight was just 87 grams of dry trimmed buds.
The trim bucket on the other hand, had about 2/3 more trim in it then from the HGL cabinet. I am sure it will yeald a bunch of nice hash, but that is not really important.

Do I even mention this, well it's 0.42 gpw for the DIY lights.
At this point, im just happy that I know it's the growing and not the light.

Next run is running on tap and rainwater mix, it's already looking like a massive improvement on the new plants.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=349705&page=139

Now I just have to clean the cabinets, and hang the HGL lights right for the next run.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting results for sure. who would of guessed, good luck on your next run palindrome im sure you will beat it :plant grow:

Latest posts

Latest posts