What's new

Darwin's 2010-2011 Guerrilla Grow

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hehe went back to the original site where i planted some white widow and pure power plant a few months back just as a test. they weren't looking amazing at all... one had been dug up and eaten. the power plant had had a branch fall on it and block light so it was near dead and lying on its side. the white widow had started to flower it seemed, fair coverage of trichomes but barely any visible calyxes, so i think it must have produced barely any, or started reabsorbing them.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
hehe went back to the original site where i planted some white widow and pure power plant a few months back just as a test. they weren't looking amazing at all... one had been dug up and eaten. the power plant had had a branch fall on it and block light so it was near dead and lying on its side. the white widow had started to flower it seemed, fair coverage of trichomes but barely any visible calyxes, so i think it must have produced barely any, or started reabsorbing them.

The WW is probably re vegging itself now things are 12/12 and going up. Give it time.

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
When a plant starts revegging you will notice some really funky looking leaves start shooting out the first few will more than likley not have any seration to the leaves. Then it will start shooting out single blade leave sets. The good thing about reveging plants is they can get real bushy.

Personally I think plants will flower all the way up to about 14/10 light cycle it mostly depends on the strain. 12/12 really isn't a magic number where plants will only start flowering at that point. I put many of my plants out June first around here where light cycle is a little longer than 15/9 and in some strains I notice some do flower a little and reveg. My light cycle in my veg. chamber there in before I put them out is 16/8.

Bummer about the loss at the one patch. Are those PPP the freebies from Gypsy? I think I got a pack in my collection interested to see how they do.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah it's funny, revegging's pretty cool and is great with parent plants as it gives a heap of possible clones, here's one i took of a white widow girl i revegged a while back.

picture.php

she was bushy as when she revegged, these clones did well too i took a few and gave some to a friend who wanted to do a scrog, they are perfect for that as they're already growing with 3-4 tops. when the reveg first starts it's like each shoot is a seedling like you say, single blades then 3s then 5s etc. i think that way of growth is related to the hormones reverting and effectively hitting the "restart" button on growing, as if each shoot is now a seedling. pretty funny stuff though when the leaves first appear they're all weird shapes etc.

i'm not too shattered about the loss at that patch, it was in a shit location that was just close by rather than suitable, and there were only 3 plants there anyway. i just wanted to see how they'd go in july. so no loss. :D

C

coxswain

Hah! I found you. :D
Nice thread, nice strains. I will enjoy watching that PPP.
I believe those light color upper nodes are result of cold weather at nights.

Cheers mate :D

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Hah! I found you. :D
Nice thread, nice strains. I will enjoy watching that PPP.
I believe those light color upper nodes are result of cold weather at nights.

Cheers mate :D

hey coxswain hehe good to see you mate :D hope you're well! yeah i hope the PPP take off, i'd love to see them full size! cheers for the advice, i'll see how it goes hopefully it doesn't worsen in the near future.

Penguin59

@Guyute54, the PPP aren't freebies from the boutique. They're fem Power Plant seeds from Nirvana. To me however they should be looking more sativa-like so we'll see how they turn out in the end.

Penguin

hairydog0069

grew the ppp last season gurilla style. only get to 6 ft tall and bushy. indy style buds. id be fencing your whole patch. only takes 1 hungry critter to wipe out the whole lot. rabbits are the worst

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
cheers mate, can't wait to see how the PPP go, fingers crossed for now the critters will keep away until i have time to put a fence up :D

S

still

u should go alright with the ppp got quite a bit of one last year just watch out for mold when drying

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
that's awesome mate :D i'll be dying to see how they go then! they're all girls so should be sweet as long as i can get there often enough to make sure they're well fed and protected. :tiphat:

G

Guest129216

There must be a million seeds of Those ppp fems out there. That is good though, cause it is good smoke with a great taste and smell.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah i think my mate penguin bought them a while back from nirvana. said to be mostly sativa but look indica dom to me in structure. will be interesting to compare the smoke form it with WW which is indica dom to see if there's a huge difference.

green_machine

Gday Darwin,

Looks like you're having fun in the sun this season - good luck for your patches

I thought the pic of the wedge tailed eagle was great - they are awesome (and huge) birds up close hey

I think that your WW look a bit too close but maybe with a little training you'll be able to get a handle on them once they start to mature a bit.

I am about to tackle my first outdoor crop this season as well - I've got some monster sati seeds from a mate and a bag of mixed sati's that were free from PS - I'm preparing the holes now and will probably start them off in about a month

Wish you luck mate, you seem to have all the bases covered

Here's to no rippers

green_machine :tiphat:

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Gday Darwin,

Looks like you're having fun in the sun this season - good luck for your patches

I thought the pic of the wedge tailed eagle was great - they are awesome (and huge) birds up close hey

I think that your WW look a bit too close but maybe with a little training you'll be able to get a handle on them once they start to mature a bit.

I am about to tackle my first outdoor crop this season as well - I've got some monster sati seeds from a mate and a bag of mixed sati's that were free from PS - I'm preparing the holes now and will probably start them off in about a month

Wish you luck mate, you seem to have all the bases covered

Here's to no rippers

green_machine :tiphat:

haha yeah mate those eagles are beautiful! some of my family had a farm where eagles once nested and raised chicks in this huge tree in a small forest in their paddock, the nest is still there 15 yrs later made from HUGE pieces of timber that haven't fallen out haha it's an amazing site i only wish i could've seen it when the birds were nesting, that would've been amazing!

the thing scared the crap out of me, i was walking up a hill and as we got to the top all of a sudden it took off in front of us and we hadn't seen it. WHOOOSH WHOOOSH WHOOOSH that awesome sound of large wings flapping... i only just got the camera out quick enough to snap that dodgy picture.

yeah in hindsight i agree the WW are a little too close so i might try training them outwards a little to give more room. we'll see, i'll wait til they start overlapping to tackle it. let me know when you get your grow up and running mate i'll be interested to watch it too :D

darwin

G

Guest129216

when walking back, we startled a wedge tailed eagle that was on the ground having a meal of something hehe he was HUGE, gave us a bit of a startle! just love the sound of their wings wooshing through the air as they take off :D beautiful birds... just got the camera out quick enough to snap this amateur shot.

picture.php

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

:Bolt::Bolt::Bolt:

Latest posts

Latest posts