What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can 3 Pounds Per Light Be Achieved? Better Back It Up With Proof, Talk Is Cheap!

Can 3 Pounds Per Light Be Achieved? Better Back It Up With Proof, Talk Is Cheap!

• Total voters

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I was talking to some medical ME bush growers and they were claiming 2.5lb - 3lb plants with 1 plant per 1000w DE Gavita.

These were relatively newer growers just doing what they can with traditional methods and limited plant counts.

bigbag

Veteran
recently I introduced a OG Raskal White Fire OG plant into my 25 K stadium set up with bare vertical bulbs. generally run 120 plants in 3 gal pots of pure coco and get around the 2 elbow per mark with Purple Kush, Master, Bubba types. recently, we introduced Critical Kush and have upped the plant count to 144, as they are more open framed and thin. now were looking at over 2 per. back to the WiFi plant...I put her in the back corner of the room, and ended up pulling 14.5 zip's off the one plant, of AAA medicine ( and she wasn't a beast, just nice )! so theoretically with 120 or more of those, a guy would be around the 4 per mark ;) got a nice mom, so hopefully will find out in a few months or so...

Hey DHF

I am not familiar with Don Juan Matuus.
Is that exactly how his handle is typed?
Couldn't find him on a search, and you have piqued my interest.

Here's a link to the thread.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=257889

Unfortunately, it looks like he nuked his account (along with all his pictures and posts) so I don't know how useful the thread is anymore.

It's a shame too, because I remember it being a great source of info and inspiration.

DunHav`nFun

Here's a link to the thread.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=257889

Unfortunately, it looks like he nuked his account (along with all his pictures and posts) so I don't know how useful the thread is anymore.

It's a shame too, because I remember it being a great source of info and inspiration.
Thanks BB......I knew DJM nuked his account due to all the kiddie know-it-alls and self-proclaimed growru`s here , but I didn`t know his pics and posts were gone as well.........

Sorry Gregor , but as is the norm for several yrs running , most all old heads have left due to the above-mentioned reasons , with all knowledge and experience gone with em.....

Last I checked maybe a yr ago , he was at the Cabana if you`re still a member at CareBear Central , but for the record....

Big plants take time and experience to keep from growin buncha larf by end of cycle , so go catch FlowerFarmer`s thread in Vert-ville to see how cleaning out the insides away from the mainstems while also taking out sucker branches off each lateral to establish dominant limbs and colas for proper development is of utmost importance......

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

homebrew420

yeah Don juan Matuus has impressed me every picture I have seen as well as Krusty buckets. Another dude would DESTROYED it on the regular was DDs. Had a modified Krusty bucket system . Claimed to have hit 40lbs in a house with 10k, one month veg. Te plants I saw in those pics are to this day the most impressive I have ever seen, G-13 airborne cut from what I understand. the plants appeared to be about 5' tall and about as big in diameter, ALL flowers.
I have NEVER come close haha.
It is more than possible but is extremely uncommon. And I will say per watt the 315 phillips ceramic are more efficient than the Gavitas. Also extremely effective even 3' from tops of plants. Different style of growing though.

Peace

Last edited:

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
DDS- was that the guy who bought g13 from neville? & was selling his system?

sureshot66

Veteran
i did it with 2 weeks veg
4x16, 1 gavita, 2 adjusta wings converted to 2 wire
28 gg4 per tray
coco beds,heavy16 moab and aptus,bennis, no pgrs
yield from those 2 trays with 3 lights just over 9lb, this is all in my thread in the coco forum, and not 9 shitty lbs with larf, 9 top shelf packs,larf went to the wax guy..i attribute it to the beds as i ran gg4 in pots in a different room and pulled just over 2 per, i think certain plants really dig the free range root bed, my sfv doesnt care it does the same in pots as in beds, but the gg went off in beds, bluehaze and those krusty boys were doin 3 back in the day but it was mostly crappy hashplant and that super loud air compressor for d.o

[url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=56010&pictureid=1307470']

Last edited:

mack 10

Veteran
Dang! Great job. I see some 4 x 16ft tables and Gavita's in my future.
heard a little about the 2 wire converstion's on the ajust a wings.
tell me more! how much and will they run on 240?

sureshot66

Veteran
Dang! Great job. I see some 4 x 16ft tables and Gavita's in my future.
heard a little about the 2 wire converstion's on the ajust a wings.
tell me more! how much and will they run on 240?
the conversions work ok theres a dead spot directly under the bulb so if youre doing a new setup i suggest just using gavitas, if you want a cheap substituion and have the wings already its under $200 bucks per to outfit a aw with the 2 wire using your existing digital ballast

SavageLebowski

Hello fellow readers! I've been browsing these forums for a while and I decided to finally join in on the discussion.

These numbers are 100% attainable with the correct stains and conditions. Even without a gavita or DE bulb I have pulled 3 lbs off of two 600w hps bulbs hung vertically. I used six plants and placed each bulb in a way where they were surrounded on all sides. I didn't use CO2 because of my fresh air exchange rate and proper air flow in the room. The two plants that had light from both sides pulled almost 2 lbs by themselves while the four around the perimeter filled the rest. I use a lid with a hygrometer to determine when my flowers are dry and personally I prefer them around 10% humidity when the jar is sealed. Any drier and my stains seem to crumble.

I attribute a lot of my success to the fact that I've always ran hydro and my obsession with maintaining ridiculous D.O. levels in my reservoirs. When I figure this site out I will post some of my results and setups.

Big thanks to DHF, Snype, Heath and many more people for the plethora of information that has been poured into these forums.

-The Savage Lebowski

W

WeetisPotPie

Sureshot66 is rocking it. All you non believers should check out the vertical lighting threads. You may learn a thing or 2.

growteam

i did it with 2 weeks veg
4x16, 1 gavita, 2 adjusta wings converted to 2 wire
28 gg4 per tray
coco beds,heavy16 moab and aptus,bennis, no pgrs
yield from those 2 trays with 3 lights just over 9lb, this is all in my thread in the coco forum, and not 9 shitty lbs with larf, 9 top shelf packs,larf went to the wax guy..i attribute it to the beds as i ran gg4 in pots in a different room and pulled just over 2 per, i think certain plants really dig the free range root bed, my sfv doesnt care it does the same in pots as in beds, but the gg went off in beds, bluehaze and those krusty boys were doin 3 back in the day but it was mostly crappy hashplant and that super loud air compressor for d.o
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=56320&pictureid=1314459View Image
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=56010&pictureid=1307470"]
View Image

God those pics are great. I cant understand your sentences though.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4x16 I get that
1 gavita,thats the plasma light.
2 adjusta wings converted to 2 wire. What does converted to 2 wire mean?
28 gg4 per tray
[/FONT] = whats gg4? Whats 28 gg4 per tray mean? Did you have 4 4x4 trays?

sureshot66

Veteran
God those pics are great. I cant understand your sentences though.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4x16 I get that
1 gavita,thats the plasma light.
2 adjusta wings converted to 2 wire. What does converted to 2 wire mean?
28 gg4 per tray
[/FONT] = whats gg4? Whats 28 gg4 per tray mean? Did you have 4 4x4 trays?
ok sorry about that ill clarify
the gavita is not a plasma its a gavita de 1000, it uses a 2 wire bulb not the standard screw in hps/mhalide thats been around for years. the adjusta wing converted were converted from the standard bulb socket to a 2 wire bulb fitting, they make an adapter that fits into the adjusta wing hood to accomodate the 2 wire bulb
gg4= gorilla glue#4, the strain i ran and 28 is the number of plants i ran in a 4x8...i run 2 4x8's lengthwise, thats where the 4x16 comes from and use 3 lights over them, the 2 wire bulbs are more powerful and give better coverage and penetration and allow you to run 3 lights when traditionally you would have to run 4 lights for that length of space....these should help

growteam

ok sorry about that ill clarify
the gavita is not a plasma its a gavita de 1000, it uses a 2 wire bulb not the standard screw in hps/mhalide thats been around for years. the adjusta wing converted were converted from the standard bulb socket to a 2 wire bulb fitting, they make an adapter that fits into the adjusta wing hood to accomodate the 2 wire bulb
gg4= gorilla glue#4, the strain i ran and 28 is the number of plants i ran in a 4x8...i run 2 4x8's lengthwise, thats where the 4x16 comes from and use 3 lights over them, the 2 wire bulbs are more powerful and give better coverage and penetration and allow you to run 3 lights when traditionally you would have to run 4 lights for that length of space....these should help
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50615&pictureid=1183428View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50615&pictureid=1183427View Image

Yea I was starting to feel like a moron after I didnt understand anything I was reading. lol. Ok so you attribute the high yield to a combination of shared bed and the strain. I didnt catch the fertilizers your running.

Did you notice a difference when you switched to the gravita bulb? I assume you had the screw in traditional bulb in the past. Any issues with bulb failure on the gravita?

In a 4 x 16 space I would setup 4 lights. For a maximum of 8lb. How did you manage to get 9lb from 3 lights in that space. Thats what Im stumped on. I wonder what you would have yielded if you added an extra light. What do you attribute it to?

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
I wonder what you would have yielded if you added an extra light. What do you attribute it to?

too much light. 3 d.e. lights is approximaty 15-18 linear feet worth of canopy. 5'-6' squared. a traditional hps is about a 3-4 squared, 4 being the standard.

the reason people switch to de,

more square feet illuminated with less fixtures. yield the same or more.
they draw slightly more so its not an actual true 3;4 ratio in terms of electricity but it is more efficient,

growteam

too much light. 3 d.e. lights is approximaty 15-18 linear feet worth of canopy. 5'-6' squared. a traditional hps is about a 3-4 squared, 4 being the standard.

the reason people switch to de,

more square feet illuminated with less fixtures. yield the same or more.
they draw slightly more so its not an actual true 3;4 ratio in terms of electricity but it is more efficient,

do you know if they make a 480v model ballast?