What's new

Can 3 Pounds Per Light Be Achieved? Better Back It Up With Proof, Talk Is Cheap!

Can 3 Pounds Per Light Be Achieved? Better Back It Up With Proof, Talk Is Cheap!

• Total voters

TPFTFW

Veteran
Hoping I’ll get close with this sour
A lot more dense then it looks
C6AF9644-D70E-472F-9A56-FBD35353C4D4.jpeg

Mantos

3lb per 1000w is less than 2oz per plant in my grows. I average 8oz per plant in a 14 week seed to smokable cycle.

20220521_132839.jpg

Filling up the overflow space with reject females, the brownie barn. ODed on calcium and copper thanks to mystery soil. I let them dry out to get a better look at the Ca/p/k ratio before watering. Somehow I think these slow, neglected, abused, half dead gals will still average 6 oz per plant now that they got proper pk.

My yields are apparently massive, having hit over 12 oz per plant on longer cycles, and the labor is the lowest of any grow style. Here's some tips:

#1 Learn nutrition. Ditch the cannabis nutes and organic trends. Grow like a normal person. Phosphorus acid isn't scary. Sulfuric acid isn't scary. What's scary is the Botanicare, Gen Hydro etc bottles,and the repurposed eco friendly mystery butt sludges. Ever been to a doctor, on state insurance? Problems don't get fixed as a priority. Follow-ups and checkups get scheduled as an priority. Nute pimps function on the same wavelength as the western medical sadists, organic or not. They want to sell fixem ups and boosters and treatments and gizmos and... never fix the health...

#2 Don't top. Don't train. Run your lights full strength and the plants will "top" and train themselves (with proper nutrition). Nutrition defines morphology, not genetics. (Sorry but it's true. I've widened enough landrace leaves, shortened enough haze bloom cycles, with foliar zinc to know this). The central stalks will get enough light and redirect growth to the lowers,so they stretch up, naturally. You simply can't grow a fully stunted, nutritionally imbalances plant and expect the same results.

#3 Don't dim your lights.. Plants love light. They can't get enough. They simply need proper nutrition to process it. Light burn is a potassium-boron meter. Refer back to #1

#4 Don't strip leaves, don't lollipop, don't remove anything. Fix your -PK issue instead of trying to hide it. Cannabis will never drop leaves with balanced nutrition. They are not energy wasters UNLESS YOU REMOVE THEM!

#5 Larf has nothing to do with light penetration, it's phloem malnutrition. Refer back to #1. If your leaves are dropping, and the Brix is higher in those dead leaves than in your new leaves, that is all your photosynthesis going straight down the drain, thanks to imbalanced nutrition; too many veg nutes.

#6 Stop buying more dimmable lights, and buy more soil.. Sounds like a broken record huh. You can put 2+ yards of soil under 1000watts. Light is shared.. The en vitro Emerson wave scientists who run around these forums are flat out wrong about light just as they are about nutrition. I run 24-30 plants under 1000 watts and white walls. Canopy as flat as its needs to be lol. 2 cubic feet per plant. I know people hitting way bigger yields than me with better strains. None of them have internet... This 3-a-light thing is kind of silly. I refuse to believe so many people yield less than that. Even 12/12 from seed will hit double that.

Tom Hill

Veteran
4 is doable but I have not seen 5. It will come from plants you thought were low yielding in your youth. Broadleafs.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
4 is doable but I have not seen 5. It will come from plants you thought were low yielding in your youth. Broadleafs.
imho - its a silly subject to debate when no parameters are provided to box in the topic, the lack of specificity just induces arguments and doesn't allow the discussion to get elevated, maybe that was the issue for the OP at the other site.

3lbs from 1 400w CMH? 6lbs from 2 1K DE? 2 week veg time or 9 months? Clones or seeds? In each of our own minds we have a set of conditions and experiences from that specific condition set so we answer the question from any one of hundreds if not thousands of viewpoints/approaches. Some of those approaches will not yield 3lb per light, some will. But none of us share the same picture in our heads so it just leads to squabbling.

Blast from the past

Actually Ive done 3+ many times with THH crosses btw. Love THH crosses hehe

My system was designed for low count big plants and i get 3 to 4 often from a single tree. From every plant or every single time? No but pretty often. People been doing 5lbrs for years but the approach is very specific and intentional

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
hey mckush!

i have broken 3 per light many times growing single plants under sunlight supply DE's.

but it is not efficient as each plant had to be vegged 7 weeks to get them up to size.

i have gotten 3.9 lbs once from an Iranian C-99 cross.

i grew large plants this size to beat oregon's state medical plant count limit rules.

they limited the number of flowering plants but not vegetative so growing giant plants was the answer.

i couldn't find the iranian c-99 cross pics but here is a plant called wreckage that easily broke 3 every time i grew it.

it is a cross btween the arcata trainwreck and S.A.G.E., a.k.a. Sativa Afghani Genetic Equilibrium.

notice the one stem.

this was my last effort under hps lights.

now i'm growing with sea of green beds under high power leds.

Attachments

• image_417234.jpg
    image_417234.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 318
  • image_419039.jpg
    image_419039.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 285

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can get 2 lb off a decent led these days while fucking up everything ha!

I'll test the 5lb with this DC when I find a nice one.

The rev put me up on a plan with a 10x10 footprint with 1 gallon sour bubble to pull 10 lb a light ha.

Ca++

Every year another bullshitter is born, who has to tell a slightly bigger lie than the last one. So we will soon be at 5 :)

Find a breeder who provides these plants. It's a smaller pool of bullshitters, so closer to the truth.

Nobodies really selling seeds with claims past 800g of hay, last I looked. That's metric though. So per meter, and there is a general presumption of 600w. So add 50% and fudge it to 60s units.. 2.7lbs according to the people invested it exaggerating things.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ proving my point i posted many years ago on this thread and reposted above

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey mckush!

i have broken 3 per light many times growing single plants under sunlight supply DE's.

but it is not efficient as each plant had to be vegged 7 weeks to get them up to size.

i have gotten 3.9 lbs once from an Iranian C-99 cross.

i grew large plants this size to beat oregon's state medical plant count limit rules.

they limited the number of flowering plants but not vegetative so growing giant plants was the answer.

i couldn't find the iranian c-99 cross pics but here is a plant called wreckage that easily broke 3 every time i grew it.

it is a cross btween the arcata trainwreck and S.A.G.E., a.k.a. Sativa Afghani Genetic Equilibrium.

notice the one stem.

this was my last effort under hps lights.

now i'm growing with sea of green beds under high power leds.

Hi D9, you more than anyone i know can post on this topic with authority. i had the same parameter set (more or less) as you when you started your 6 plant count thread. it was your system i copied and tweaked for my own room situation too. hehe i'm still using 7gal turface tubs with a 3" wick. toilet flanges worked a charm! hehe the nested netpots i came up with have been awesome

veg for as long as i need to veg and usually until the plant shows sex naturally. there are no rules i care about following since someone elses situation is not my own.

last plant i grew was flowered for more than 160 days, Lieu Hanh x THH. harvested it for an entire month in stages. easily over 3lbs

xet

3lb per 1000w is less than 2oz per plant in my grows. I average 8oz per plant in a 14 week seed to smokable cycle.

View attachment 18713785

Filling up the overflow space with reject females, the brownie barn. ODed on calcium and copper thanks to mystery soil. I let them dry out to get a better look at the Ca/p/k ratio before watering. Somehow I think these slow, neglected, abused, half dead gals will still average 6 oz per plant now that they got proper pk.

My yields are apparently massive, having hit over 12 oz per plant on longer cycles, and the labor is the lowest of any grow style. Here's some tips:

#1 Learn nutrition. Ditch the cannabis nutes and organic trends. Grow like a normal person. Phosphorus acid isn't scary. Sulfuric acid isn't scary. What's scary is the Botanicare, Gen Hydro etc bottles,and the repurposed eco friendly mystery butt sludges. Ever been to a doctor, on state insurance? Problems don't get fixed as a priority. Follow-ups and checkups get scheduled as an priority. Nute pimps function on the same wavelength as the western medical sadists, organic or not. They want to sell fixem ups and boosters and treatments and gizmos and... never fix the health...

#2 Don't top. Don't train. Run your lights full strength and the plants will "top" and train themselves (with proper nutrition). Nutrition defines morphology, not genetics. (Sorry but it's true. I've widened enough landrace leaves, shortened enough haze bloom cycles, with foliar zinc to know this). The central stalks will get enough light and redirect growth to the lowers,so they stretch up, naturally. You simply can't grow a fully stunted, nutritionally imbalances plant and expect the same results.

#3 Don't dim your lights.. Plants love light. They can't get enough. They simply need proper nutrition to process it. Light burn is a potassium-boron meter. Refer back to #1

#4 Don't strip leaves, don't lollipop, don't remove anything. Fix your -PK issue instead of trying to hide it. Cannabis will never drop leaves with balanced nutrition. They are not energy wasters UNLESS YOU REMOVE THEM!

#5 Larf has nothing to do with light penetration, it's phloem malnutrition. Refer back to #1. If your leaves are dropping, and the Brix is higher in those dead leaves than in your new leaves, that is all your photosynthesis going straight down the drain, thanks to imbalanced nutrition; too many veg nutes.

#6 Stop buying more dimmable lights, and buy more soil.. Sounds like a broken record huh. You can put 2+ yards of soil under 1000watts. Light is shared.. The en vitro Emerson wave scientists who run around these forums are flat out wrong about light just as they are about nutrition. I run 24-30 plants under 1000 watts and white walls. Canopy as flat as its needs to be lol. 2 cubic feet per plant. I know people hitting way bigger yields than me with better strains. None of them have internet... This 3-a-light thing is kind of silly. I refuse to believe so many people yield less than that. Even 12/12 from seed will hit double that.
us-solar-map.jpg

Makes me wonder what the sun can do >7.5kWh under the right hands and with a kind government.

Ca++

^ That's why they say 600w per meter. 7.2kwh per day.
Using high light maximises yeild per area, at the expense of yield per watt. These are the circumstances many find themselves in, when space is the limitation, not power. Making 3 per 1000 very unlikely. With 2 a respectable target from the 4x4 tent a 1000 lights to those levels.

Bio boy

NOPE! It Cannot!

After being in the grow game a couple decades, worked at grow stores,done the warehouse thing, seen hundreds of grow rooms besides mine, I can without a doubt say that it is IMPOSSIBLE....

People will say different, what about Heath, what about Doubleleds, what about whatshisname that did this and that?

The thing is, they NEVER provide the proof....
Heaths diary’s and doubled buds falling out his door even tho he stole his system from us all who were making it a reality he did provide the proof and did it well but pissed us all off in the process
the urdwc he stole was part of a giant ass collab of growers i was a small party at the side did tests on do fluming and airstones
billy and heath designed it sqydro green me and a few others changed it for the better and ditched the airstones and then doubled sold it to a giant hydro distro and fucked off we kept making the systems and @billyliar did on here a friggin crazy grow got 2gpw hps
@Sqydro all users seem to be inactive and vids n pics fading away my only thaught is they made so if they don’t need us anymore for knowledge lol https://www.icmag.com/threads/sqydros-v3-rdwc-with-no-airstones-finished-video.231957/ is about still see where he Ended up greenfinger did 6room vert and got 40 oz. A plant and that’s hps
led is killing it now so how could it not be possible ?

Hiddenjems

Everyone leaves out the most important factor, time.

Sure you can veg some plants forever and cover 25 square feet with one light and get 3 lbs after 4-5 months.

How many zips per year do you get per 1,000watt light. That, or one of its derivatives like ounces per month are where you learn real production.

Getting 1.5 lbs every 7-8 weeks is more yield than getting 2.5 lbs every 4 months Out of the same 3x3 tray and 1,000 watt light.

carson

Do you think bigger plants take longer to flower? If you veg in a separate space during your flower cycle, you can flower big plants with no down time