What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can 3 Pounds Per Light Be Achieved? Better Back It Up With Proof, Talk Is Cheap!

Can 3 Pounds Per Light Be Achieved? Better Back It Up With Proof, Talk Is Cheap!

• Total voters

goingrey

Do you think bigger plants take longer to flower? If you veg in a separate space during your flower cycle, you can flower big plants with no down time
You're not wrong but in that case the power used in the veg room needs to be taken into account on the bottom line.

Ca++

On one hand, you could root your cuttings, veg them up, then flower them, all in one room. However, sticking a load of fresh cuttings into final pots is a real waste of space. People that work that way are often constantly chasing RH also.

Optimising the available space can be a real game changer, based over a year, not just on one yield. Cuts don't need a room. They need a shelf. Veg don't generally need half the space of bloom, and 25% is likely workable. Many ops have wheeled tables full of plants, so they can push them through the ever bigger grow spaces. From a meticulously clean cuttings room, racked up high. To the flowering space that could give each a square meter, and a decent ceiling.

3lbs.. 16oz in each, 48oz/36= ~1.65kg / 600 = ~2.75 meters
About 1300w of HPS for top shelf. So hang it high and grow low grade... yeah... but no.

I have said HPS and given watts, as it's a standard. One lamp could be a MH of many Kw though, so there can be no doubt that one lamp will do it, and more.

My first 3 LED only runs did 24 per meter at about 500w over a meter. Giving that 3lb per 1000w in a realistic space. Thus top shelf.

This book is often questioned, and in HID terms, rightly so. It is right on the limit, as it's doing a max weight run, with quality that's good for processing, not as bud.

johnnyla

Veteran
Made with Gavita 3 lb+,last run,from clones that are only 10 days vegged,
strains are Silver Haze elite cut,Amnesia Haze elite cut,Fake GG#4,
16 plants in organic soil,organic setup,runned Gavita on 1150W except last two weeks
go dimmed.

Main thing was in defoliation,that was raise mine yield in amazing way,

lot more buds i got than before when i didnt defoliate.
Which Gavita light do you speak of?

Popice

Which Gavita light do you speak of?
The DE's. I think there's Phantoms now too, haven't tried them but was looking at price differences. it's a double ended light that goes up to like 1150w. What I prefer is growing in cubic feet of space (x,y,z), rather than square footage (14"-16" depth).

In a commercial size room I'll be growing over 5' tall plants. Thats an overlapping 5+ plants per light; dice patterns. Each plant on harvest day should easily come out to 6,500g wet. With a reachable goal of a 14% dry-out. The plants can get bigger, the dry-outs normally don't hit 20%. This is a 9 week flower cycle. I want to run a 10week cycle (70days) 5 times a year, but haven't rolled that through yet. Hybrids and indica. Ive run Amnesia hazes like this, but I haven't run a recent silver haze. My ceiling heights are over 12.'

It can take team work and a steady effort. Internodal xylem plant work with potassium balancing, basically after clones have popped roots and into the stretch of 'Flowering.' Three pounds per plant is achievable but you shouldn't expect a whole group to hit that individually, even 2.5lbs is lofty for a less experienced crew.

But I guess this was talking about lbs per light and not lbs per plant. Get the weight out of the plants and let the plants share light. What I haven't seen is with the 850w LEDs where you try to grow 4 plants per light with each plant regularly hitting 8-10ozs or more dry. I can't get the depth penetration for full canopies and extensive colas. 6+" from light to preferred top with a canopy penetration maybe to 18"-24". Growing this way my plants are reliant on main, secondary, and trying for tertiary branches and not running out of room, rather than growing off the plants trunk into the main branches and dealing with terminal maturity going into "stretch."

Sometimes I veg too long and I'm topping terminals to keep the plants manageable. I don't think this could be accomplished in a tent or even a small room with 8' or less ceiling height.

mountainoutlaw

I seen a light on amazon that can...lol..kiddng

Yo retro...you still using those HIDS? i knew an old schooler who done same thing...vertical hang..no reflector and would kill it....beat me and my big sunsystem reflectors out....dont know how you guys do it

Nugulon

I seen a light on amazon that can...lol..kiddng

Yo retro...you still using those HIDS? i knew an old schooler who done same thing...vertical hang..no reflector and would kill it....beat me and my big sunsystem reflectors out....dont know how you guys do it
I did a vertical hang grow back in the day with a 1k hps. Had 4 monster plants that came out pretty nice. The yield was like 1.5 lbs of some fire and a lot of smalls from the outside of the plants. It was fun and the plants were monsters but I prefer doing racks with LEDs these days.

mountainoutlaw

I did a vertical hang grow back in the day with a 1k hps. Had 4 monster plants that came out pretty nice. The yield was like 1.5 lbs of some fire and a lot of smalls from the outside of the plants. It was fun and the plants were monsters but I prefer doing racks with LEDs these days.
me too ....racked up. True SOG dude here. Always on 12/12

Hiddenjems

How deep of a canopy are you sog led guys running?

I’m changing locations next year so I have enough veg/cloning space to run sog again. It looks like any of the 700+ watt lm301 powered bar lights cover a 4x4 table perfectly.

Bio boy

Any one here scrog too? Or you getting yields without ? I’ve scrogged years and my bloody back feels it now ,contemplating letting them be wild in the room if am stil getting a decent yield ?