What's new

4th of july smoke out infront of the WhiteHouseget your asses there!

It's a matter of tapping into the publics psyche on the irrational reasoning behind the government's acceptance of death OVER choice. We the people have been duped by the intellectual dishonesty of our 'all caring' illustrious govenment. Putting American lives before the almighty dollar. Accepted death for the sake of sheer PROFIT.

I kinda thought the 'myth-busted' would look cool if it were the welded sign look from the hit tv show Mythbusters :D

But there's most assuredly NOTHING wrong with 'Pro-Choice' my friend. :D

I went on a fact-finding mission of sorts this morning, and here's some things I found. Quite startling and eye-opening when you really look at the numbers.

Alcohol-Attributable Deaths and Years of Potential Life Lost --- United States, 2001

Excessive alcohol consumption is the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States (1) and is associated with multiple adverse health consequences, including liver cirrhosis, various cancers, unintentional injuries, and violence. To analyze alcohol-related health impacts, CDC estimated the number of alcohol-attributable deaths (AADs) and years of potential life lost (YPLLs) in the United States during 2001. This report summarizes the results of that analysis, which indicated that approximately 75,766 AADs and 2.3 million YPLLs, or approximately 30 years of life lost on average per AAD, were attributable to excessive alcohol use in 2001.

Source:http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5337a2.htm

Annual Causes of Death in the United States
Tobacco 435,000 (1
Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity 365,000(1
Alcohol 85,000 (1
Microbial Agents 75,000 (1
Toxic Agents 55,000 (1
Motor Vehicle Crashes 26,347 (1
Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs 32,000 (2
Suicide 30,6223
Incidents Involving Firearms 29,000 (1
Homicide 20,308 (4
Sexual Behaviors 20,000 (1
All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect 17,000 (1, 5
Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Such As Aspirin 7,600 (9
Marijuana 0 (7

Source:http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30

How many alcohol related deaths occur each year?

alcohol deaths per year
drinking and driving causes over 25,ooo deaths a year. overall 100,000 deaths occur each year due to the effects of alcohol.Correction: According to the NHTSA web site (nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd-30/NCSA/RNotes/2006/810686.pdf), there were 43,443 alcohol related traffic fatalities in 2005 in the USA. As a comparison, AIDS claimed 18,000 lives in 2003.

How can alcohol be blamed for 100,000 deaths each year?

5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are attributed to alcohol.
15% of all deaths from diseases of the respiratory system are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all deaths from accidents caused by fire and flames are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all accidental drownings are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all suicides are attributed to alcohol.
40% of all deaths due to accidental falls are attributed to alcohol.
45% of all deaths in automobile accidents are attributed to alcohol.
60% of all homicides are attributed to alcohol.

Source:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_alcohol_related_deaths_occur_each_year

Tobacco-Related Cancers Fact Sheet

Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in the United States for both men and women. (Source: Cancer Facts & Figures 2008)
Lung cancer is the most preventable form of cancer death in our society. (Source: Cancer Facts and Figures 2008)
Lung cancer estimates for 2008 (Source: Cancer Facts & Figures 2008):
New cases of lung cancer: 215,020
Males: 114,690
Females: 100,330

Deaths from lung cancer: 161,840
Males: 90,810
Females: 71,030

Besides lung cancer, tobacco use also causes increased risk for cancer of the mouth, nasal cavities (nose), larynx (voice box), pharynx (throat), esophagus (swallowing tube), stomach, liver, pancreas, kidney, bladder, uterine cervix, and acute myeloid leukemia. (Source: Cancer Facts & Figures 2008)
In the United States, tobacco use was responsible for nearly 1 in 5 deaths or an estimated 438,000 early deaths each year from 1997 to 2001, totaling more than 2 million deaths over the 5-year period. (Source: Cancer Facts & Figures 2008)
Tobacco use accounts for at least 30% of all cancer deaths and 87% of lung cancer deaths. (Source: Cancer Facts & Figures 2008)
Per capita cigarette consumption is lower today than at any point since the start of World War II. Even so, about 24% of men and 18% of women still smoke cigarettes, with about 80% of these people smoking daily. (Source: Cancer Prevention & Early Detection Facts and Figures 2008)
Cigarette smoking among adults aged 18 and older went down 50% between 1965 and 2005 -- from 42% to 21%; about 45 million Americans still smoke. (Source: Cancer Facts & Figures 2007)
In 1997, nearly half (48%) of male high school students and more than one third (36%) of female students reported using some form of tobacco -- cigarettes, cigars, or oral tobacco products -- in the past month. The percentages went down to 30% for male students and 21% for female students in 2007. (Sources: Cancer Facts & Figures 2007; CDC Youth Risk Behavioral Surveillance 2007)
Each year, about 3,000 non-smoking adults die of lung cancer as a result of breathing secondhand smoke. Each year secondhand smoke also causes about 35,000 deaths from heart disease in people who are not current smokers. (Source: Cancer Facts & Figures 2008)
Cigars contain many of the same carcinogens that are found in cigarettes. Cigar smoking increased 148% from 1993 to 2006. Cigar smoking causes cancer of the lung, oral cavity (mouth), larynx (voice box), esophagus (swallowing tube), and possibly the pancreas. A 2007 CDC survey found that 8% of high school girls and 19% of high school boys had smoked a cigar in the past month. (Sources: Cancer Facts & Figures 2008, CDC Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance 2007)
Among adults age 18 and older, national data from 2004 showed 6% of men and 1% of women were current users of chewing tobacco or snuff. Nationwide, more than 13% of US male high school students and 1% of female high school students were using chewing tobacco, snuff, or dip in 2007. (Sources: Cancer Facts and Figures 2007, CDC Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance 2007)
Oral tobacco products contain 28 cancer-causing agents (carcinogens). Oral tobacco is a known cause of human cancer. It increases the risk of developing cancer of the oral cavity (mouth) and pancreas. (Source: Cancer Prevention & Early Detection Facts and Figures 2008)
Oral tobacco use can lead to nicotine addiction and dependence. Many young people who use oral tobacco start smoking later.
Smoking causes more than $167 billion in annual health-related economic costs, including adult death-related productivity costs, adult medical care costs, and medical costs for newborns. (Source: Cancer Facts and Figures 2008)

Source:http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/content/PED_10_2x_Tobacco-Related_Cancers_Fact_Sheet.asp

NaturalNews) Transcending political controversy and stigma surrounding the subject, the second largest physician group in the country has endorsed the use, reclassification, and further study of medicinal marijuana. In a position paper issued February 14th, the American College of Physicians (ACP) makes the case that the red tape surrounding the medical use of cannabis is obscuring good science and stifling research.

Several states including California have opened the door for legal use of medical marijuana, but this stands in opposition to the federal government’s Schedule I classification of the plant. This discontinuity has led to legal obfuscation and obscurity as to what is actually legal. Schedule I is a term used to describe drugs such as LSD and heroin, and translates to a substance having “no accepted medical use and being unsafe for use even under medical supervision.”

With their newly defined position, ACP now joins the ranks of dozens of other national medical groups urging an ease on cannabis regulation in the face of what many consider overwhelming scientific evidence of its medicinal usefulness. “ACP urges review of marijuana's status as a Schedule I controlled substance and reclassification into a more appropriate schedule, given the scientific evidence regarding marijuana’s safety and efficacy in some clinical conditions,” the paper states.

Supporters hope that this will be the long-awaited nudge needed to tip the American Medical Association (AMA) in favor of reclassification and legal protection for medical use of the drug. The AMA urges further research, but so far it does not support reclassification of the Schedule I substance.

To date, the most serious argument for potential damage done by cannabis is harm to the lungs caused by smoking. The paper notes that this problem has already been overcome by a technology known as vaporization, in which the active constituents are efficiently released into the lungs without burning the plant.

Another myth dispelled by the paper is that marijuana acts as a 'gateway drug,' leading to the use of more harmful substances. "Marijuana has not been proven to be the cause or even the most significant predictor of serious drug abuse. Opiates are highly addictive, yet medically effective ... There is no evidence to suggest that medical use of opiates has increased perception that their illicit use is safe or acceptable," the group states.

The paper also cites significant evidence that cannabis relieves the nausea, vomiting and wasting that accompany cancer, AIDS and other diseases, while lessening the pain associated with multiple sclerosis and many other conditions.

Calling for further research, ACP points out that the period of validation has passed in more heavily researched areas. In these cases, the group makes clear their position that the time has come to roll out trials designed to determine proper dosage and method of delivery -- a step currently being stonewalled by the drug’s legal classification.

Source:http://www.naturalnews.com/023172.html

If you'll go to this page, it tells the story of Rick Simpson, a Cannabis Culture Magazine article with video links (I tried to cc&p it but it was a mess): www.cannabisculture.com/articles/5169.html

It's just disgusting what our govt and people find acceptable when it comes to death and profitability. It's more than an economical issue. It's more than a choice issue. It's a MORAL issue.

The millions of people directly touched by these statistics have a right to know WHY our govt puts money over the value of human life. In today's world who ISN'T touched in some way or another, directly or indirectly by alcohol or tobacco deaths???

Why does THAT madness continue??? We've become numb to the numbers, as well as the morality of such insanity.

Kids, wives, parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, neices and nephews,... most all have lost a loved one to these govt endorsed and accepted chemical laden vices. Many have lost more than just one loved one.

It's time we DEMAND from our govt why this is allowable for the sake of MONEY! Where's THEIR moral backbone? Lost in votes???

It's TIME.

EXPECT answers.

PUSH for 'TRUTH'

DEMAND Change.

Sorry for the long post... just needed to get this off my chest.

SPM

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
tgpfarm said:
Why lump Cannabis in with 2 poisons Tobacco and Alcohol?

I would be more for this:

I think bringing anything remotely smelling of the Abortion debate would be a horrible idea bro. Plus, it risks ridicule, since it's kind of like comparing the Cannabis movement to the Civil Rights movement, and that kind of overstatement is going to draw fire.

JMHO tho

I'll be glad to see ya there, no matter what kind of sign you're carrying :yes:

AbbieDoobie

How about "Personal Choice" under the pot leaf? I agree, let's not get lumped in with the abortion debate. But, this is definitely a civil rights issue. Freedom of choice. This is what our founding fathers were all about. People like former President and writer of the Declaration of Independence Thomas Jefferson and fellow weed toker and French babe banger Ben Franklin would be totally behind what we are doing. "One toke by land, two tokes by sea." Toke toke pass, Paul Revere, come on now. Hell, yeah...

~Abbie :joint:

tgpfarm

How bout:
"Your vote counts, unless the Fed disagrees"

Get the total number of YES votes for all 13 mmj states and say that many citizens are wrong.

I just really hate the fact that all though the election you see messages saying, "Vote, your vote counts" and then you see the DEA raiding dispensaries.

Last edited:

AbbieDoobie

I think if the DEA keeps raiding dispensaries after 1/20, the shit is really gonna hit the fan. Or at least it should.

I hope it does, Abbie...it's time the 'shit' DOES hit the fan, considering what our govt is doing for us. It truly DISGUSTS me at the thought that our govt thinks it's their job to misconstrue and dilute TRUTH for the sake of profit. And that's EXACTLY what they are doing. At the cost of literally MILLIONS,yes MILLIONS of American lives! The facts and figures are there for us all to see.

When this country was young, this would NOT have been tolerated. The people of this country have been BRAINWASHED into thinking our govt is looking out for the 'best interest' of it's CITIZENS. But they are not and the facts show it to be true. It's about greed. It's about deceiving the American people in order to fatten wallets. If our govt has no issue with promoting DEATH for DOLLARS, this great country is doomed. Period. If we try to bring about real change, we threaten their 'dollars', and they'd have no problem killing more to keep that from happeneing. The ONLY hope I see for Americans, is getting TRUTH infected into the masses on a GRAND scale. It's our only hope of overthrowing the corrupt greed that our govt is basically openly promoting, RIGHT IN FRONT OF US! Who truly stands to lose in real change? Let's start with big insurance, big pharmacuetical companies, big oil, and many other interests that are openly traded on our Stock Exchange. There is HUUUUUGE profits being made by these companies as well as investors. We all know the lengths big oil alone will go to in order to keep us dependent on fossil fuels, as big pharma is no different where peddling THEIR drugs are concerned. When it comes to money vs. mankind, who do you think, with the present govt, is going to win? Unless a very very large part of America isn't awakened to the TRUTH, I see no real change in our future.

Take a good look at this video from Cannabis Culture Magazine: www.cannabisculture.com/articles/5169.html

It really does make me sick that our govt is treating us like cattle. Telling us what THEY think is and isn't good for us. They don't know JACK.

If our campaign to spread the TRUTH is ramped up, we just might have a fighting chance. We've GOT to get the facts out there. PERIOD. In the time of this 'information society', it CAN be done. It MUST be done, as American lives are at stake. People that COUNT in this country.

I know many here may think I'm a bit 'gung-ho' on this subject, and you'd be right. When American lives are at risk, we ALL need to be.

The complacnecy in this country is truly alarming.

In the last 20 years, many many MILLIONS have died from other drugs; such as alcohol and tobacco, and there ARE more. Cannabis has been shown for the greater good, to help in fighting many diseases and disorders, but since our 'govt' can't control it and big pharma can't patent it and make millions, it remains illegal. Probably the most IMMORAL CRIME in the history of mankind.

Sometimes it is very hard for me to even keep my cool on this issue, and I find myself having to try to keep a clear head and remain calm. What our govt is doing right under our noses is nothing short of genocide. They are put in place for OUR GOOD, not for profiting from us, but that remains the status quo, and until we get up and SHOUT IT OUT that we ARE NOT going to have this ANYMORE, nothing will change.

WE are the only ones at the helm of our future and our childrens and grandchildrens futures. It's high time we take the wheel and control of what our 'government' has miserably failed at.

When you look at the rate of increase in cancer and other diseases over the years, that alone should send up a serious flag as to what our govt is really doing for US

I for one won't give up this fight until TRUE change comes about or I am DEAD.

SPM

Last edited:

AbbieDoobie

Sr,

I'm watching that video right now. Talk about pissing a guy off about how even Canadian officials won't recognize the value of cannabis for healing. Geez, you'd think Canada would be a lot more progressive than the US.

Since you are highly motivated, Sr, I wonder if you should check out a local organization to get involved in. I'm sure TN is about the worst place to get involved in the cannabis issue. But, hey, you might want to check if there is a NORML chapter around where you are. Maybe you could funnel your enthusiasm into a local organization until the big event in DC. Maybe make some contacts and really get involved and make some real changes. Since I grow, I personally want to lay low, but I'm all for going to DC where I'll be more of an anonymous face in the crowd. And, we definitely need a BIG crowd in DC on July 4th.

AbbieDoobie

So, what does everyone think of these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQr9ezr8UeA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvUziSfMwAw

I personally have hope that Obama will make the right decision on this issue. He's a democrat, and democrats usually listen to the needs of the people and enact laws reflecting those needs. That's the definition of a democrat. But, we still need to remind him and the other democrats who are now in charge of gov't what we want. So, the march on DC on July 4th is very important, I think.

AbbieDoobie said:
So, what does everyone think of these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQr9ezr8UeA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvUziSfMwAw

I personally have hope that Obama will make the right decision on this issue. He's a democrat, and democrats usually listen to the needs of the people and enact laws reflecting those needs. That's the definition of a democrat. But, we still need to remind him and the other democrats who are now in charge of gov't what we want. So, the march on DC on July 4th is very important, I think.

"you must spread some rep around before giving it to AbbieDoobie again"

I'm in hopes that the DC March will be a huuuge turnout. We need that. I'm sick of having to go w/o growing OR toking because of these political morons. And you're so right, Tenn is probably THE worst state to be an activist in... another reason I'm looking to move very soon. To be honest, at this point with what I'm hearing from the Obama camp, I'm not going to hold out much hope for even the raids to end. But we'll see. There will be a SHITSTORM from the MMJ communities if he doesn't. I'm not even in the MMJ community, and I'll be screaming... but I'm staying reserved for now. The 'Running from the Cure' vid isn't even about the US, and it just angers me to my core. I'm so sick of this govt I could piss molten lava. I can't believe there isn't more outcry of what our govt is doing and GETTING AWAY WITH. You'd think the number of confirmed alcohol related deaths would even outrage the conservative right, but yet you basically hear nothing. I's not like I want alcohol made illegal again, as we know that wont work, but there ARE steps that can be taken to curb the deaths. And yet basically NO confirmed deaths in the cannabis side of things. It's all about control and greed. As well as population control. It totally sickens me. I swear the Founding Fathers would be outraged at the current situation of our lame-ass govt.

I'll have to see if there may be a NORML group here in TN. You never know. I was better off living in Missouri. lol I'm thinking it's not going to be much longer and I'll have to bug out of this nuthouse. Decent paying job or not. At some point it comes down to a matter of personal principles. I just can't leave here without the resources to get me by until I can secure a decent paying job. I'm not too sure what the job climate is like in Cali, but since I was born there I figure that's a good place to go. It'd be nice to see the state I was hatched in. :D Maybe the DC March will be a turning point, who knows. You never know what may come... I dearly hope the turnout will be tremendous. We shall see.

Thanks kindly Abbie, for the positive vibes bro.

SPM

NiteTiger

Veteran
There's a NORML chapter in Nashville, and one at the University of Memphis.

Personally, I kinda resent the knee jerk attitude regarding TN. It is certainly no where near the worst state in regards to marijuana penalties. Under a half-ounce is a state citation, and MJ is actually classified in complete defiance of federal regs - They created its own scheduling class, placing it below all other drugs that are in the Fed schedule.

I can understand the desire to move someplace where the hard work has already be done, and have thought about it often. But what it comes down to is that this is my home, this is where my family is, this is where my friends are, and this is where the change needs to happen.

NT, Is it really that personal of a thing for you? I sure meant no disrespect. While I've personally never had any run-ins with TN Leos, I've been told by many native tennesseeans that the cops around Chatt aren't too kind to potsmokers.
And concerning change in this state, personally from what I've seen it's far too conservative for the change we'd like to see.
I have the respect for you that this is your home, but it is not mine, and since I've lived here, what I've found, at least in my own experiences, is most native Tennesseeans are a bit 'clanish', and don't take well to outsiders. Again, that's just been MY experience. My desire to relocate has absolutely nothing to do with finding a place where the 'hard work has already been done'. Again, it was not my intentions to offend, bro. Just making observations. When I moved here, my hair was to my ass, and I was dubbed "ya ol' hippy", which doesn't offend me at all, but tells me volumes what at least the people I work with, think of guys with long hair. Funny thing is, if I were an avid hunter, I'd be more 'accepted' and respected. But again, that may just be the group I work with. 2 1/2 years in the same welding shop and it's still the same. in 10 years it'll be no different, as I'm not a native to this state, which seems to matter to many of those I work with. Not that it matter to me personally, just an observation.

Again, didn't mean to offend you, NT

S

ShoeboxSherman

nothing personal man, but

nothing personal man, but

NT, Is it really that personal of a thing for you? I sure meant no disrespect. While I've personally never had any run-ins with TN Leos, I've been told by many native tennesseeans that the cops around Chatt aren't too kind to potsmokers.
And concerning change in this state, personally from what I've seen it's far too conservative for the change we'd like to see.
I have the respect for you that this is your home, but it is not mine, and since I've lived here, what I've found, at least in my own experiences, is most native Tennesseeans are a bit 'clanish', and don't take well to outsiders. Again, that's just been MY experience. My desire to relocate has absolutely nothing to do with finding a place where the 'hard work has already been done'. Again, it was not my intentions to offend, bro. Just making observations. When I moved here, my hair was to my ass, and I was dubbed "ya ol' hippy", which doesn't offend me at all, but tells me volumes what at least the people I work with, think of guys with long hair. Funny thing is, if I were an avid hunter, I'd be more 'accepted' and respected. But again, that may just be the group I work with. 2 1/2 years in the same welding shop and it's still the same. in 10 years it'll be no different, as I'm not a native to this state, which seems to matter to many of those I work with. Not that it matter to me personally, just an observation.

Again, didn't mean to offend you, NT

Just an observation, but if you present yourself to native Volunteers in the same manner that you present yourself here, it's no wonder you're not finding TN to be that friendly. Not a diss on you, man, but in general you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, and that's particularly true in the south.

I'm sorry but I call bullshit on the long hair thing in ALL of Tennessee. I've spent a lot of time in TN and have good friends there. If you take a trip to the mountains, you'll see what I mean. I'm from your neighbor immediately to the north, and my long hair and long beard are accepted as normal. In fact, in the southern highland in general, you'll find this to be the case. We don't get hung up on it.

And why can't you grow? Lot's of folks in TN do.

And I don't mean to offend YOU. Sorry for the off-topic reply, but we do get tired of people coming in and telling us how things should be. Peace bro.

Last edited:
Shoebox, you have to understand, the only contact I've had with Tennesseans is at work. I don't get out at all. I lead a verrry boring life. :D

And I really didn't think I was telling you how things should be, my friend. If I was, my apologies.

For ME, it's not so much a 'state' thing as far as cannais laws are concerned, it's a NATIONAL thing. While we all live is various states, we ALL live in the good 'ol USA, and while it's looking like it's not going to happen, solid change will only happen on the Federal level. I do understand change can happen on a state by state basis, but reform FEDERALLY will create sweeping change across the board. Though I'm not sure that'll ever happen with our current administration, unfortunately.

Shoebox, it'll take far more than that to offend this old fart.

:D SPM

NiteTiger

Veteran
LOL, no Sr, I took no offense :friends:

And, after reviewing the marijuana laws for all 50 states, I've found that the other states that were worse have changed their laws, so yeah, we're among the worst, maybe not quite the worst. :badday:

But, I do get a bit ruffled when ppl are like 'Man, you gotta get outta there, move to a med state'. I understand the sentiment, but that ain't me :D

All this tells me is that I have my work cut out for me :yes:

But, no, I took no offense, and I retract my statement about our laws not being so bad.

They suck, but I think I'll hang around and change them :joint:

S

ShoeboxSherman

No worries SPM. Enjoy TN as much as you can, it's a beautiful state.

p.s. Don't shoot your eye out though.

NT, there is nothing that would make me happier than to see the laws here change, either on the state or fed level, I don't care, it's just well past due time for some serious change. At least here in S Chatt, there are far more other issues that need attention from leos, as I've seen the ravages of crack addiction much closer than I ever care to see it. Just listen to the local news here... crack, meth, and gang violence are at an all-time high, and it's issues like those that need serious change as well. Maybe it's not as bad in other areas, I couldn't say, as I've spent all my time right here.

Sherm, it truly is a helluva sight, as Oklahoma is too flat for my liking. I love hiking, and to me, this is place is a backpackers DREAM. I have been to a friends place from work that lives up in Graysville, on a bluff overlooking the Dayton/Pikeville area, and we tear up the skeet shooting there. Let's hope I DON'T shoot my eye out! lol :D

BTW Sherm, you have plans to make the DC trip?

Peace,

SPM

Latest posts

Latest posts