What's new

4th of july smoke out infront of the WhiteHouseget your asses there!

AbbieDoobie

NiteTiger said:
Um, that is the official website? Got your state reps listed and everything. I'll admit, it's not a very good site, but it is an official site. And isn't SCF here spreading it around?

Now I'm all confused :confused:

OK, so http://www.trm3-801.org/ is the official website for this event? I only come to ICMAG. I don't visit other pot sites. Is this appearing on a ton of other websites? Is this appearing in pot mags? I don't read them so I don't know. Do other organizations like NORML recognize this an official event that is really going to happen? I just grow weed in my shed, I'm not really an activist. But, I would like to attend an event like this in DC if it is a go and is REALLY going to happen. I want to be a part of AMERICAN HISTORY. That's all.

~Abbie :joint:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
I believe it is, it's got the reps listed and such. Don't see a TN rep, but I'm not in a situation where I could step up to that role. I'd love to, but I think a lot of folks here understand the problems with growing/activism. I plan to get active, but not until I'm so stealth that I can't even find the room without a map :D

I'm on for going though, and wouldn't mind working out a car pool. Even that gives me shivers though :D

I saw a 4/20 gathering at the NORML ranch in Nevada by the West Coast rep, so I'd be surprised if it isn't going to be covered in NORML circles.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
People go smoke weed on capital hill all the time here, its called the freedom rally! Next one is the first one where it won't be a crime to smoke out on the common!

I always forget its going on and miss it, maybe not this year though.

AbbieDoobie

Deft said:
People go smoke weed on capital hill all the time here, its called the freedom rally! Next one is the first one where it won't be a crime to smoke out on the common!

I always forget its going on and miss it, maybe not this year though.

Deft, Are you talking about your state capitol or DC?

SDOG

Deft said:
Dude, that pic of NYC on 911 is a little distasteful IMO, maybe you didn't recognize it.

Gonna have to agree. Lets laugh at that pic knowing what is behind those buildings... NOT!

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
SrPlantManager said:
It would be absolutely mindboggling to see thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people in attendance. If a MILLION made it, I think our fight would be over.
I think that's just a tad overly ambitious. There are at this time somewhere around 10 million regular smokers in this country. Maybe 20-25 million if you include occasional smokers. Do you really think one in 10 smokers in this country will show up? Or one in 25? Or even one in 1000?

I'm not saying it won't happen or is not a good idea, just that people need to be realistic in their expectations. Don't expect it to be anywhere near what happened for the MLK speech.

AbbieDoobie

If only Robb Wells were American and stood at the same spot as MLK and gave a speech similar to the TPB's Xmas Special, we'd have our keynote speaker for this great event.

When you look at just this site, and the number of registered users, if only a SMALL fraction of them showed up...hmm...

Then consider any and all other sources this movement/march is recieving exposure, as I'm sure we aren't the only ones who are lucky enough to see it, hmm...

It's also a matter of spreading the word. I've already had a couple of the guys at work show interest in attending with me. Hmmm...

if only a SMALL fraction of the 'users' accross the US were to do the same thing.... hmmm...

Does it REALLY seem a 'tad overly ambitious' still???

WE are the KEY to make such an effort really work. Period. How strongly do any of you truly believe in what we are fighting for? How many are really ready to stand up for what WE BELIEVE in?

I unfortunately cannot grow at the present time, but I don't really feel I'd make a good Tenn rep for this cause. But there's still at bit of time before this thing goes down.

This is to all of those that actually believe cannabis SHOULDN'T be legalized

Personally, I won't miss this for anything. I also encourage ANYONE who truly believes cannabis laws are in dire need of reform to do everything you can to spread the word and challenge every toker/med user to be there.
I take it personal when our lame-ass 'govt' leaders try to tell us what's good for us and what's not when MILLIONS have died on US highways since the legalization of alcohol and the introduction of big tobbacco.
I'm tired of our govt using such subversive tactics to keep populations down, while telling us cannabis has no known medical value when we all know factually otherwise.

I will not lose hope of reform until the day I draw my last breath. PERIOD.

Never surrender. Not this fella.

:D

Be there or be square

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
AbbieDoobie said:
I do know this...I wanna smoke a fatty with SrPlantManager on the steps on the capital on July 4th. :pimp3:

Make sure you pass it, I'll be the guy sitting next to you two :D

:joint: :rasta: :laughing: :jump: :headbange :muahaha:

Awww shuxxx guys... :D

Well it's a done deal for me, as I have PLANS already to be there. I told my human resource/safety coordinator at work I want my vacation that week, and I'm not sure but I may be longer than that.

His reply:

Awesome, brotha!

He feels cannabis should be legal as well, and I have his full support.
Now isn't that just too cool? He is a really cool dude. I feel lucky to have him at work.

SPM

AbbieDoobie

Believe it or not guys, but TN is a neighbor to my state, too. I've been down to Reelfoot Lake for some awesome fishing couple times, was just in Nashville a while back for a NIN concert. Paducah KY is about an hour away. Sounds like a carpool for sure. All I got is a Ford Ranger. So, I'll bring the Rez Chemhaze Diesel and Alpha Diesel, and some beer money and gas money.

Awesome Abbie!

That's just too cool....

Now see what just happened here??? Now if only more just here on ICMag will do the same... that'd just be the shizznizzle! A Mission of Mercy caravan to the capitol. How absolutely awesome.

I got gas money too! My laptop and camera will be coming as well. This HAS to be documented very well. Also that way we can keep ICMag updated too :D I'm not too sure, I need to check out the site, but I'm wondering how long this thing is going to last. Not that it matters, I'm just curious. Paducah isn't too awful far from me either. I'm very close to Ga. I could almost throw a stone into Ga from here.

Spread the word, my brothas and sistas!

Lots of time to prepare for this Caravan of Cool. :D Maybe I need to buy a van... lol

SPM

T

twisted treez

there has been a smoke out on the forth of july for many years, but never millions. i think that everyone shouldn stay the durration and just stand there for weeks if possible, it would be very hard to keep out of the news

I don't think I'd have a job if I stayed for more than a week or so. If the attendance to this March is overwhelming, and hopefully it WILL be, trust me, I believe there WILL be news coverage.

I want to carry a sign that says "Alcohol KILLS= FACT
Tobacco KILLS= FACT
Cannabis KILLS= MYTH-BUSTED!"

The Bling

if it were a few weeks later you could have the whole rainbow tribe there with you! something to think about that could be 10,-20,000 people

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
twisted treez said:
i think that everyone shouldn stay the durration and just stand there for weeks if possible, it would be very hard to keep out of the news

Yeah,,,that will show how productive us pot smokers can be.... :laughing:

tgpfarm

SrPlantManager said:
I want to carry a sign that says "Alcohol KILLS= FACT
Tobacco KILLS= FACT
Cannabis KILLS= MYTH-BUSTED!"

Why lump Cannabis in with 2 poisons Tobacco and Alcohol?

I would be more for this: