What's new

4th of july smoke out infront of the WhiteHouseget your asses there!

S

ShoeboxSherman

No plans to make the trip, it's just not my style. I've just been following the thread a little though to what y'all are thinking. I go to DC now and then when I have to, but a couple of times a year are enough for me.

You should get out and check out the Conasauga River, it's not far from you. Believe it or not you can have a blast snorkeling there in the summer - nice clear water, lots of aquatic life. Burn one and dive in :)

You're killin me here Sherm lol

I'd LOVE to try that... like I say, I don't get out much.... but that's going to change this summer. I'll have a dependable car and won't be living in a damn hotel. lol

I DO look forward to summer for sure...

I have been to the Ocoee, and the area just north of there, I forget the name now. Hopefully we'll have our P test by then and I can again partake of the herb this summer while enjoying the beauty of the Tenn mountains. It truly IS something else.

I'll have to do a check it out thing on the Conasuaga River. Sounds like good times.

:D SPM

S

ShoeboxSherman

You're killin me here Sherm lol

I'd LOVE to try that... like I say, I don't get out much.... but that's going to change this summer. I'll have a dependable car and won't be living in a damn hotel. lol

I DO look forward to summer for sure...

I have been to the Ocoee, and the area just north of there, I forget the name now. Hopefully we'll have our P test by then and I can again partake of the herb this summer while enjoying the beauty of the Tenn mountains. It truly IS something else.

I'll have to do a check it out thing on the Conasuaga River. Sounds like good times.

:D SPM

A lot of the Upper Coosa is great. The Ocoee is pretty, too, but dead. The Hiawassee is nice too, all within a short drive from you. The Paint Rock in Alabama is nice too. You'll have a good time.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Hiawasee is awesome, but if you claim to be a hiker and don't hit the Appalachian Trail you gotta turn in your hiker's badge :nanana:

lol NT I have hit several local trails, and seen some spectacular things, but it is my goal to at least try the AT as far north as I can, I'm not the young spring chicken I once was. I have the utmost respect for those that can hile it start to finish. Georgia to Maine is a lonnnng way to hike, and even if I were in good enough shape to do it, I doubt I'd have a job after the many months it would take to hike the whole enchilada. :D I've heard some have doen it in 6-7 months, but that require a LOT of pre-planning and knowing ppl along the way to ship food and supply drops to. Would be the experience of a lifetime though, wouldn't it? The Cumberland Trail's Rock Creek Trail was pretty kewel, just not long enough for me. So many places, so little time... :D

But I DO keep my pack handy at ALL times, in the event of the urge striking me. Actually it sits right next to my bed! :D

SPM

NiteTiger

Veteran
Yeah, there are some fantastic trails in this state, great to go hike out about four hours, find a nice view, and burn one down :smoker:

As far as doing the AT, shit man, are you nuts, I wasn't talking about the whole damn thing :biglaugh: 2000+ miles on foot, yeah, I'd say some pre-planning is required :D The guys I know who've gotten their 2000 miler patch did it in stretches, over a few years. Only people who can go straight through are college professors with tenure is my thought :D

Even then, in bursts, the guys had to do months of planning to make sure their maildrops were where they needed them when they needed them. I'd like to do it someday, but I've got a lot of experience to get before I try.

My wife and I are planning a comparatively short hike (60 mile trail) this summer, and we've already started the planning. Gotta figure in being off a week, child care, gear prep and test, laying itinerary, etc. Oh yeah, there's the whole transportation thing. It'd suck to go 60 miles and not have someone at the end to pick you up :biglaugh:

Last edited:
Hey NT, if I were 10 years younger, I'd be on that 2000 miles like a duck on a junbug. For now, I'd settle for a 50-75 mile northward hike. With luck this summer will be an interesting one. Right now, my main thing is planning for the DC trip. While it IS a few months away, I want to make sure I'm ready for it. Lots of I's to dot and T's to cross. :D My boss did say I was in for a good time. Still thinking of what I want to get for a vehicle. I realy liked my 4Runner, it was perfect for road trips as far as room is concerned. I'll just have to see... another couple of weeks before that needs to be addressed. I know I'm looking forward to the trip to DC for sure. If it's going to last a few days, I'm wondering about accomodations.

SPM

dwtc

PADDLE FASTER I HEAR BANJO MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NT,,,,,,,,SPM seems we like to do the same things. plan on going to the ocoee this year(spring) and doing a little kayaking and camping. me and some friends make a yearly trip to the chattooga and have a blast. 4 days of campin, blazin, drinkin, eatin, kayakin, hiken, fun. we go up to the nantahala everynow and then and go hiking. love the waterfalls in HIGHLANDS NC. some great trails up there to.

been wanting to see how far i could go on the APT for a long time now. if i ever get a divorce that'll be the first thing i do( not saying i want a divorce or anything, just sayin if)

maybe we will meet on a trale some where.

NiteTiger

Veteran
I'm fortunate enough to have a wife who enjoys backpacking just as much as I do. I'd like, one day, if I could afford to do it, the Triple Crown (The Pacific Crest Trail, the Appalachian Trail, and the Continental Divide Trail form the Triple Crown of long distance hiking in the United States), taking each one in a straight run. That would absolutely rock like nothing else :joint:

Last edited:
S

ShoeboxSherman

PADDLE FASTER I HEAR BANJO MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NT,,,,,,,,SPM seems we like to do the same things. plan on going to the ocoee this year(spring) and doing a little kayaking and camping. me and some friends make a yearly trip to the chattooga and have a blast. 4 days of campin, blazin, drinkin, eatin, kayakin, hiken, fun. we go up to the nantahala everynow and then and go hiking. love the waterfalls in HIGHLANDS NC. some great trails up there to.

been wanting to see how far i could go on the APT for a long time now. if i ever get a divorce that'll be the first thing i do( not saying i want a divorce or anything, just sayin if)

maybe we will meet on a trale some where.

The Chattooga is great, a lot of upstate SC is really nice. Most people just don't think mountains when they hear South Carolina. Foothills Trail is nice. Upstate SC had some glorious rivers before Duke power ruined them all.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
I could not be more of a proud Moderator, activist, human, to see over the past 12 years all the steps everyone here, at overgrow, and every one involved with their hearts, who make fighting for our rights to consum marijuana, rather medical or pleasure. To make everything to this day happen. We sure have come a long ass way. Keep up the positive love and drive of freedom, to free this plant to be used by all who wishes to!. lOVE YOU All.

SCF

AbbieDoobie

Step 1 - No more DEA raids of dispensaries. Let's hope O keeps his word on that one. Either way, let's give him a HUGE message on July 4th.

~Abbie :joint:

The subject of cannabis legalization/decriminalization has been getting alot more attention lately, and hopefully that will continue. Time will tell though if Obama will stick to his word. I'm not too encouraged with some of what I've been hearing and seeing from him and his camp of late. But I won't jump the gun here... while my faith in HIM may be waning, my HOPE for this movement will never die. It just takes US.

The story to air on Thursday on CNBC at 9:00 pm and 1:00am ET gives the movement what it NEEDS. NATIONWIDE EXPOSURE. The network is starting to look at the possible economical and financial benefits of Medical Marijuana, and possible legalization/decriminalization of marijuana.

I say it's about time a major network carry such a great story. I'm psyced to get to see this 'report'.

Although, I thought I read somewhere that certain counties in California are trying to repeal prop 215. I really don't think Californians would allow it. It helps generate a good bit of revenue for the state.

Regardless... I have a feeling July 4th is going to be a memorable event for the cause. With the presidential change this year, I think the turnout will break records. People see hope in the new administration. I see it as time for CHANGE.

Oh, we WILL be heard. :D

Last edited:

zlock

Okay guys! Count me and my girlfriend in!
We're gonna head down on Friday and stay till Sunday, should be a fun weekend! There gonna be an ICMag get-together?
Anyone staying at a hotel? I'm trying to figure out where to book a room...

zlock

Damn, I didn't think of a hotel. Time to hit up Expedia...click...click...click...

~Abbie :joint:

I'm thinking the capital hilton... one of the lowest priced ones in the downtown area, 3 blocks from the white house, and I've stayed at Hilton's before and its not that bad... 119 a night, price isnt that bad. I'm gonna book it now I think...

zlock

oh f*ck that sh*t! they wanted to charge me 30 bucks a night extra for TWO people. I'm gonna keep looking!

Z, I'm glad to hear you'll be joining the March! Find a good hotel nearby yet?

I'm stoked about the whole thing and can't wait till July! I've even recruited a few from work to go. Hopefully by the time July gets here we can have many more people to attend. If everyone here could just get ONE person to go... :D

SPM