What's new

4th of july smoke out infront of the WhiteHouseget your asses there!

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Every one that can lets have the biggest smoke out infront of the white house. These people at this website are trying to do just that. On 4th of july I hope to see all marijuana users to be there. We show them in numbers, we make a big hit in the media, and get to enjoy our freedom!!!! Hope too see this take off.
http://www.trm3-801.org/

Hmmmm..... my vacation DOES come up about that time :D

What better way to spend it?

Going to 'The 4th of July Capitol Cannabis Caravan'!

Let's see if we can get the momentum up for such a monumental occasion!

It WOULD take amny many people in order for this to go off without a boatload of arrests, but I think it IS do-able.

Bueller???? Bueller????? Bueller???????????

:D SPM :D

Koroz

Ill end up going, but I am going to be pissed if its me and 3 other doods standing there staring at each other.

I don't think where we are matter nears as much as where we AREN'T come 4th of July. It's the perfect time if you ask me. What better time to execise our right to freedom of speech that on this great country's birthday?

In all seriousness...

If we were to plan and prepare for this, it would be a smashing success. It's not like there isn't enough time. almost 7 months is more than enough time to make this a reality. To do it right tho, it really would need some thought, organizing and pre-planning. Bob Geldoff (with some help) pulled off a major history making event, folks, and I see NO reason why WE can't do the same. We would need to put together a small committee to cover all the aspects of getting this mission accomplished. Maybe even have some live music. Albeit accoustically 'unplugged', it would really make this a day to remember. Some well articulated speakers, maybe a re-enactment of the signing of the Declaration of Independence. The biggest part of this Mission of the Million Joint March would be to get the word out there. Promotion and awareness of the event would make it a major success. If we plan it, they WILL come.
We would have to have a small group assigned to gathering facts to be covered during the event. I think we'd have no problem there, with all the informed users right here on ICMag.
There definitely would need to be lots of planning to make this come off without a hitch, but I believe it's most definitely do-able, no doubt.
And of course, as long as the numbers in attendance are there, and I mean HUUUGE numbers, with lots of video cameras running to document the event, at the right time, if everyone were to pull out a joint and light up at the same time, it truly would be GRAND on a magnificent scale! With the entire mass of people lighting up at the same time, I seriously doubt law enforcement would be able to do anything simply becasue of sheer numbers.
SoOoOOooo...... who's down????

I say, "NOW IS THE TIME!! THE TIME IS NOW!"

Let's do this thing! Count me IN!

EDIT: WOW! I see the organizing is already in full swing! Great link, SCF!

I can see this happening! I see there is no rep for my state,... but I bet that can be fixed.

EDIT: Pic removed by poster

:rasta: :rasta: :rasta: :rasta: :rasta: :rasta: :rasta: :rasta:

Last edited:
It's been 3o+ years since the last one I attended. I wonder if they have reserved the park across the streetfrom the White House. Lafayette Park, I think. 4th of July in DC shouldn't be but 90 with matching humidity. A bunch of stoners. Smell of herb floating in the breeze. I'm in. lol Should be fun.

Maybe we need to start an attendance thread? I'm down for it, brothers and sisters!

I'm SO there... I don't care if I have to drive all the way from Tennessee,...hell, I'd hitchike if I had to. This is a can't miss event IMHO!

:D

SPM

AbbieDoobie

I'll go under a few conditions... 1) There has to be backing from big names in the cannabis movement, pro-pot celebrities, pro-pot bands, who all plan to show up for this event. 2) There must be a web site put together for this that gets circulated around all pot forums and other activist forums. 3) It has to definitely *happen*, not just us knocking around the idea here in ICMAG. If someone like (I know, god forbid) Marc Emery is mentioning it or it gets promoted in High Times or Treating Yourself, then it is a go for me. I would have to drive half way across the country and the hassle would be great for me. I'm not a college student, young, full of piss and vinegar anymore. If this is THE event, then I'm there.

~Abbie :joint:

SFC

Man, 4th of July is a bad weekend for it IMO. To many people with families will not be there. Personally I like 4/20 better, or any other weekend. There is no way I can make it on the 4th.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I wish I could go, I totally would go if I didn't have a family reunion.

Edit: Dude, that pic of NYC on 911 is a little distasteful IMO, maybe you didn't recognize it.

Last edited:

canned abyss1

Veteran
I like the idea, but I think it would be more effective if the people that are too far away from the white house went to the capitol building in the state that they are from. People would be more likely to travel a couple of hundred miles to their state capitol than across the nation to go to D.C. In large states such as California and Texas people should go to the city hall of large cities if they are too far away from the state capitol.
This would allow for a greater turn out of people and a better chance of getting the message across to the politicians. This needs to be done like things were done in the civil rights era. Bus-loads of people need to show up to make their voices heard.

We need to utilize this tool that we call the internet to it's fullest potential. This is not like it was in the past we have the power to make sure our message is heard by all. No longer can the media silence our cause, thanks to the internet we have become the media, now is the time to take advantage of this valuable resource. Post You Tube videos, start blogs, create My Space and Face Book pages, email friends, the media and politicians. Do whatever you can to get the word out but get the word out. The ball is rolling we just need to keep it in motion.

C

CheifnBud2

Hmmm Smoking wed at the capitol building in texas.

Sounds like an arrest trap.

canned abyss1

Veteran
AbbieDoobie said:
I'll go under a few conditions... 1) There has to be backing from big names in the cannabis movement, pro-pot celebrities, pro-pot bands, who all plan to show up for this event. 2) There must be a web site put together for this that gets circulated around all pot forums and other activist forums. 3) It has to definitely *happen*, not just us knocking around the idea here in ICMAG. If someone like (I know, god forbid) Marc Emery is mentioning it or it gets promoted in High Times or Treating Yourself, then it is a go for me. I would have to drive half way across the country and the hassle would be great for me. I'm not a college student, young, full of piss and vinegar anymore. If this is THE event, then I'm there.

No offense but this is one of the problems with the legalizaton movement, too many people saying I will only do it if this happens or that happens or expecting it to be something more than a political event. Who cares if there isn't any joints being smoked, celebrities, bands, drum circles a P.A. system, a website or a permit that says that you can assemble. People just need to show up so that the world knows that we are serious about this issue. If everyone starts getting the word out through all possible channels then this thing will evolve on its own.

I would travel across the planet if I thought it might help just a little for the cause... and I think it WILL.

Deft, now that you mention it, it DOES look like NYC, but it's not meant at all in a distasteful way for sure. If it truly offends or bothers anyone I'll take the pic down.

Since all my family is gone, I have no reason NOT to go to DC, and plan on it, but I completely understand those that have family obligations. Next time one of these marches is planned it needs to be done on a non-holiday so more can make it.

It would be absolutely mindboggling to see thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people in attendance. If a MILLION made it, I think our fight would be over. That many people decending on our respective capitols on the same day would have a seriously positive and profound effect on our Mission of Mercy. While it may not be a popular thing amoung many, personally I think the legalization of alcohol has killed many many hundreds of thousands of innocent people since its inception. While I use to drink heavily, it had its disaterous effects on my family over the years, and would MUCH rather see cannabis legal than alcohol. I completely understand the draw to it, but it's a terribly destructive habit, much like tobacco kills hundreds of thousands each year, but that's ok as far as our govt is concerned. It's their acceptable way of culling the human herd unfortunately. Nicotine and alcohol are by FAR more addictive than cannabis could EVER be. They kill far too many good people of this nation as well. But our govt is okay with that.

It's THAT mentality that HAS to change. It's a moral issue as well as a compassion issue IMHO. Funny thing is,... our 'govt' is encouraging Obama to quit smoking, as I'm sure in these days, it's unacceptable to have a president that smokes. But it's ok to allow it's citizens to kill themselves off that way.

THAT makes me very mad. It's TIME for that to CHANGE.

SPM

canned abyss1

Veteran
CheifnBud2 said:
Hmmm Smoking wed at the capitol building in texas.

Sounds like an arrest trap.

For one, nobody said anything about smoking up, just showing up, and if there is 20,000 people smoking up then what can the police really do.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
SCF said:

AbbieDoobie said:
There must be a web site put together for this that gets circulated around all pot forums and other activist forums.

Um, that is the official website? Got your state reps listed and everything. I'll admit, it's not a very good site, but it is an official site. And isn't SCF here spreading it around?

Now I'm all confused :confused:

AbbieDoobie

canned abyss1 said:
No offense but this is one of the problems with the legalizaton movement, too many people saying I will only do it if this happens or that happens or expecting it to be something more than a political event. Who cares if there isn't any joints being smoked, celebrities, bands, drum circles a P.A. system, a website or a permit that says that you can assemble. People just need to show up so that the world knows that we are serious about this issue. If everyone starts getting the word out through all possible channels then this thing will evolve on its own.

Do you think MLK and friends just showed up at D.C. and he made his famous speech? No, it took planning, it took a major grass roots effort. All I'm saying is just you and me knocking around the idea here on ICMAG doesn't mean shit. If this idea shows up on other pot websites, activist websites, in pot magazines, the event has a name, there is expected to be major headlining speakers and there is ONE SPEAKER who will speak for us like MLK did back then, with the same kind of moving force that he did, then yes, I will show up. Otherwise, I will not waste my time showing up to see you and a few other misfit stoners standing around going "Hey, man, ain't this great, we're going to change the world, man." Yeah right. Whatever. I want something, some movement that MEANS SOMETHING. That is full of planning and organization that will make an IMPACT on our government and let them know that THE PEOPLE mean business and want the laws changed.