What's new

4th of july smoke out infront of the WhiteHouseget your asses there!

8 hours from MA coming down, we've been stuck (still am) on the jersey turnpike for over 2 and a half hours. Crawllliinggg along! I've got a bunch of pics and vids, ill post'em up when I get home! And Silver, thanks again for everything, it was great meeting you, sorry we didn't make it back to the far corner after leaving for food. The line of people getting into the area was so long there was no way we would have made it back there.

I didn't even stay for fireworks dude. I was leaving for a bite and when I saw that crowd pouring in, I was just like "fuck that."

It was great meeting you and your girlfriend also. Yall are good people. Hopefully we can 'fight the power' again sometime.

And what was wrong with the man in the purple hat? Hahaha. Good times!

Are you kidding? The guy in the purple mushroom hat made my day! Perfect time to watch him play too because we had just toked.

Your girlfriend and I were busting out laughing. That song was hilarious. I was trippin. I thought I had been put in a time machine set to 1970.

If I find a video of the guy singing, I'll post it. I got the information of some of the cameramen/production crew ("Dancinalien Productions"), but I don't see any videos online yet.

3693415912_5d30554d6b_b.jpg

I got a picture of this hot little number at the rally in Laffayette Park. I was going to save it for my private collection of fwap material but thought it'd be selfish.

This freakshow was near the front of the parade. It's like I was telling Zlock, if I wanted to sabotage this parade, that's exactly what I would do. Put on a dress and makeup and carry around a pro marijuana sign.

winkyweed

Just joined the site not long ago so I am catching up on a lot of the topics but this was a great idea and hope it helped the cause. I am in Hawaii and I am a medical marijuana user. It's time for the country to wake up and smell the reefer. I am a member of Americans for Safe Access and we are doing what we can to help those in need get the medicine. Hats off to all of you who participated. I hope you all had fun and nobody got in any trouble. Let us know how it all turned out.

fylthevoyd

curious about the turn out numbers to this event...being half way across the country...my finances didn't allow my making this trip to make a stand....what pisses me off is I have been checking all the news sources this week end...and can't find a single article about this protest of the current laws...which proves that the mass media society is as big of an enemy as the government...the press wastes no time posting falsehoods and lies about the noble weed..yet refuses to report on the actions of activists trying to educate this country....we smokers need to rally and demand the media be the watchdog organization...that it claims to be and start looking out for the general public...instead of their theiving corporate interests:joint:

burnt out og'er
Veteran
Looking forward to the photos and video links Silver Bullet :joint:
Sounds like you and zlock had a great time.

Maybe these kinds of protest marches would draw a lot more attention if they weren't done on days when the parks are being jam packed with people coming for the fireworks displays etc ?

Is that a 'male' in that purple dress ? :yoinks:

curious about the turn out numbers to this event...being half way across the country...my finances didn't allow my making this trip to make a stand....what pisses me off is I have been checking all the news sources this week end...and can't find a single article about this protest of the current laws...which proves that the mass media society is as big of an enemy as the government...the press wastes no time posting falsehoods and lies about the noble weed..yet refuses to report on the actions of activists trying to educate this country....we smokers need to rally and demand the media be the watchdog organization...that it claims to be and start looking out for the general public...instead of their theiving corporate interests:joint:

There was maybe 400 for the parade? (just an offhand estimate, I'm not sure). As for the media, they will cover what the people want to read about for the most part.

Looking forward to the photos and video links Silver Bullet :joint:
Sounds like you and zlock had a great time.

Maybe these kinds of protest marches would draw a lot more attention if they weren't done on days when the parks are being jam packed with people coming for the fireworks displays etc ?

Is that a 'male' in that purple dress ? :yoinks:

Maybe more attention from the media, sure, possibly. But it wouldn't help the turnout for this event or the spectators. Whatever the case, it's not the fact that this was held on the 4th as to why there was no media coverage.

If there was a celebrity guest speaker there such as Ron Paul (which they mentioned he did speak there a few years back), then there would be a media presence.

The Marijuana Policy Project has their headquarters in DC. I didn't see any of them there at all. Not one person from MPP was representing. So if you want to write a letter to someone about lack of media coverage, you can write to them or Norml.

The parade lacked star power, numbers, and in my humble opinion, a dose of rational sobriety. If I can't take a lot of these people seriously, why would I expect anyone else to?

Mad love for the hippies, they're the ones who put this whole thing together. I even plan on going again next year and bringing a megaphone with me. But no one respects them...not even the transvestites.

zlock

Wow. Well I got back this morning at 2am, traffic was MISERABLE. All the way up the NJ turnpike and through the George Washington Bridge I think
we averaged less than 10MPH. Stop and go, stop and go, stop and go...
The lesson learned? Stay an extra day or two next year.

A suggestion to anyone who attends any event like this and decides to take the risk of smoking out in the open: Pay attention to your surroundings.
We had just finished the doobie I had brought along, and I was letting the roach put itself out, when I noticed a guy dressed a little *TOO* nice
for such an occasion, with a pen behind his ear and all, clearly observing someone a few hundred feet away. Then he made his way over towards
us and watched me for a few seconds, turned around, and started to walk away. We had been warned by some veterans of the smoke-in that
the undercover(s) will confirm their suspicions, walk away, and the police would move in. Fuckkk that! Good time to take a leak! Getting busted
with a ROACH? No thank you! Went and hung out with Abe Lincoln (well, I used the mens room below him) at the Lincoln Memorial, then went to
get us some drinks at the snack stand. Waited in line for what I guess was close to an hour, and watched my "observer" hop into a cruiser and
take off. Thankfully, I only saw one person being talked to by the cops, and I don't know what it was about or what happened. I would venture to
guess that THAT was the only real incident with law enforcement that day.

Anyway, here's some of the pics I took. I'll have the videos I have up on YouTube tonight.

11kwjkk.jpg

A crowd was already gathered when we arrived at the starting meeting place

25k7q0i.jpg

2vt4mkj.jpg

5catyu.jpg

People hanging out waiting for the concert to start

nb2fmd.jpg

I wasn't overly impressed with the first band, the music was decent but didn't really capture my interest

3090fhd.jpg

The Omsteaders were pretty good, I think it was mostly the same members from the first band but they sounded good actually, and I loved the "Cannabis Sativa" song (It'll be on YouTube)

2ikz5ll.jpg

These guys were a RIOT. I wanna say they were the "Unfortunate Sons". I LOVED the mushroom song!

4g3cxh.jpg

Here was my view from the line for food. Pretty decent sized crowd. (Nothing compared to Boston in September though)

287ds04.jpg

Telesma was awesome, too. Very loud though. Would have loved to have stayed to see their entire set.

Good times!

Latest posts

Latest posts