What's new

420 Cup 2013 (Get ready folks)

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
couldnt agree more True, seems more like a smokeout with awards then a cup.

Yet wasnt it also a way for Breeders to compete against one another so they can prove there own lines?? Considering people spend hundreds buying seeds off seedbay/the bou wouldnt it be a better idea to leave it that way.... Its just nice to know that if something gets a mention i have the option to buy the seeds off here, unlike with the home growers with a clone only strain which i may never have a chance of getting.

I could not agree less, it is a serious cup, not meaningless shiny awards for everybody.

Seed Cos can compete alongside everybody else, almost always they enter the clone only strains they make seeds from, not the results of the seeds they sell.

C

Chamba

it's about their skill as a grower of good bud that we are judging them.

so true...

if we gave 100 different growers from around the world the same clone and told them to grow, cure and enter the result in a competition with blind judging, then you can bet the best growers would shine and their bud would be rated much higher than the others.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well this cup is fading fast because i wont be entering, not will i be contacting any other breeders to get them involved or any of the growers i know and normally get to take part, seems we have a few people like Gaius and Chaos that like their role as executives of the cup and feel they have the right to take control, make decisions and berate other people comments without any desire to listen and take points on board.......dont get too set in your ways, this is our cup not just yours so chill out with the power trip folks.
Peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
does seem like a mess

it has been done the same for so many years

why change it

peace

C

cyber echo

Its only a mess when info gets spilled out into the open and names start being called.
Just my 2 cents.
:tiphat:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
roflmao i just got finished posting how we should let the majority decide, really disappointed that you could not come to me direct, nor stick to the section where these discussions are taking place. why do you need to make it personal, i sent you my proposed rules document and you never got back to me complaining about anything, so i thought i was on the right track. no one is a dictator, i'm trying to coordinate a cup to every ones satisfaction, including my own as a neutral party that will not be entering. at least ojd brought some logical reasons, not just it was always like that. forgive me for wanting to make it a steeper competition i guess thats just not politically correct anymore, lets have lots more trophies then...how about trophies for entering as a nice little souvenir? haha now i'm getting annoyed too, silly me.

C

ChemFrog

roflmao i just got finished posting how we should let the majority decide, really disappointed that you could not come to me direct, nor stick to the section where these discussions are taking place. why do you need to make it personal, i sent you my proposed rules document and you never got back to me complaining about anything, so i thought i was on the right track. no one is a dictator, i'm trying to coordinate a cup to every ones satisfaction, including my own as a neutral party that will not be entering. at least ojd brought some logical reasons, not just it was always like that. forgive me for wanting to make it a steeper competition i guess thats just not politically correct anymore, lets have lots more trophies then...how about trophies for entering as a nice little souvenir? haha now i'm getting annoyed too, silly me.

Giuas, you and the crew did a excellent job last years iccup and i look forward to attending this years cup. This cup is not fading out, probably sum people are fading out coz they cant get there own way more like?

I think sum people are upset after last years cup coz they did not win anything and now they think they can make up more awards categroies, so they can have more of a chance to win LMFAO:laughing:

I loved seeing Mack10 win last years 420 cup and he deserved it, while sum peepz seemed angry coz they thought there weed was the best in the World lol............................

Giaus carry on doing the good work buddy:)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
this should not turn into a fight. there is no need, we will let the majority decide, then no one can complain.

if we were sure there would be more entries then last time, with enough to make all the categories into a interesting competition i would go for it right away.

what i think is really inappropriate is to threaten to take your ball and go home. i am shocked that this subject even became so heated. specially when i have been sharing the deliberations about all this in pm with you true and never got informed that you was unhappy about the categories, then to be told one is on a power trip does not feel very nice, specially when i've just been posting how the majority should decide. how is that a power trip. did you ever get as much chance to be part of forming the cup as this year?

you think DG or GN would have put all the plans up for discussion? do you realize how many hours of conversing with various people it takes to get it all to come together on time? you accusation is really unfair true and not even correct. democracy is not a power trip.

G

growcodile

there has been alot of room for discussion and there still is .. gaius and CC have invested alot of time into conversations to hear many opinions and then decide for the majority.

im sure we can continue in this open spirit and make this cup a great event as last years ..

truecannabliss

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Giuas, you and the crew did a excellent job last years iccup and i look forward to attending this years cup. This cup is not fading out, probably sum people are fading out coz they cant get there own way more like?

I think sum people are upset after last years cup coz they did not win anything and now they think they can make up more awards categroies, so they can have more of a chance to win LMFAO:laughing:

I loved seeing Mack10 win last years 420 cup and he deserved it, while sum peepz seemed angry coz they thought there weed was the best in the World lol............................

Giaus carry on doing the good work buddy:)

To begin with i dont want my own way, i want it to stay as it has done every other year which is not exactly a big ask is it? Definatley not a case of wanting my own way.....more a case of if it aint broke dont fix it.
If there were not enough entries then combining breeder and grower packs would make sense but the reality is that if the effort is made to contact breeders well in advance then we will have a big turn out.

How am i trying to make up more awards? I am trying to keep it the same as it as always been not change it to benefit myself. I have no burning desire to win a cup buddy, i entered last year with my first crop after coming out of prison that was poor by my own standard and had no chance of winning (i still entered twice to make it a better cup though).

As for being happy for Mack10, that goes without saying and if he would have been edged out my a bunch of breeders i would have felt gutted.

In summery please don't be so fast to jump in with your sly comments aimed at me, if you have any digs you want to aim directly at me please man up and do so.

If any of you really think im doing this for some benefit to myself then you don't know me at all.

Good luck with everything, peace.

C

ChemFrog

To begin with i dont want my own way, i want it to stay as it has done every other year which is not exactly a big ask is it? Definatley not a case of wanting my own way.....more a case of if it aint broke dont fix it.
If there were not enough entries then combining breeder and grower packs would make sense but the reality is that if the effort is made to contact breeders well in advance then we will have a big turn out.

How am i trying to make up more awards? I am trying to keep it the same as it as always been not change it to benefit myself. I have no burning desire to win a cup buddy, i entered last year with my first crop after coming out of prison that was poor by my own standard and had no chance of winning (i still entered twice to make it a better cup though).

As for being happy for Mack10, that goes without saying and if he would have been edged out my a bunch of breeders i would have felt gutted.

In summery please don't be so fast to jump in with your sly comments aimed at me, if you have any digs you want to aim directly at me please man up and do so.

If any of you really think im doing this for some benefit to myself then you don't know me at all.

Good luck with everything, peace.

Sorry True did not know you felt those comments are towards you lol.

It is funny how you say (dont be so fast to jump in with your sly comments) Lmfao

What did you do today with Giuas?? you jumped in with your vulgar tongue and started slamming the poor guy:tiphat:

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
I'll make a showing in all cats, breeder? grower? whatever you need more of?

fkin drama queens....

truecannabliss

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope everyone has flipped their entries (unless they are already curing or flowering).
Peace

B

bench warmer

Wish I could make it there for the event. I'd be way too wrecked from the first toke to care who entered or wins. It's just about getting together with good folks from ICMag in my opinion.

Hope it turns into a huge successful fun-fest for all that attend (and for those of us that will live vicariously through the reports that come back from the event).

:ying:

H

Hoover_lungz

Hope everyone has flipped their entries (unless they are already curing or flowering).
Peace

Yes bruv, lets get the ball rolling:biggrin:

All my stuff is 2nd week into flores:) I can't wait for this 420 cup smoke out:)

True we gonna have a Cheese smoke out this year?

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Editted because it needed to be done
Carry on

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
nice one, good to see you have a nice cure planned in. i'm gonna spend the next 2 weeks doing a few runs of bubble hash, i have to have bubble to make the heads smile at 420, it's become a tradition, lol. might even enter the hash cup, the voting will be so open and public that there should be no doubts about the fairness. we still need to come up with a good way to allow approx 50 people to sample and judge each hash entry. luckily good hash goes a real long way.

Latest posts

Latest posts