What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

420 Cup 2013 (Get ready folks)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
no body can stop anyone going to Amsterdam. i would love not to have to worry about anything, but things in Ams are not how they used to be. so if members want the cup to be nice and calm i would advise being great full for security measures. do you really want to have cops on the premises checking ids and searching people like at hightimes? i think not. so we will keep the place private. info about how to enter can be got closer to the time by pm.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
normally we have Sativa, Indica and Hash categories. we still need to see how many entries there will be approx, to decide exactly on categories, i.e. do we have a separate grower and seed company category or just one big category for all sativas and one for all indicas? if there are too few to make it exciting separately, we will do them together i think.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My immediate thoughts are that we should have "Grower" Judge packs and "Breeder" Judge packs containing Indica, Sativa, Hybrid and Extract entries.
Also lets have an informal sharing of edibles too this year if everyone is keen, i got some killer recipes and im very proud of my butter that goes in it all.
Peace

DeoXy

Good luck to all who are entering and attending.. sounds like a fun time.. maybe next year I can attend.. ill b off probation by april of 2014 can't wait lol.. look forward to hearing all about it!:ying:

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we should have "Grower" Judge packs and "Breeder" Judge packs containing Indica, Sativa, Hybrid and Extract entries.

Hey True, I can't really understand what's the difference between the "grower" and "Breeder" packs, they both should be/have the same, no?

Edibles?! .... Mmm, dangerous :tumbleweed:

See you all in May! :biggrin:

B

truecannabliss

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Difference being that the Breeders packs would have all the entries from Breeders and the Grower Packs would have the entries from independent growers......so in essence they would be the same but contain different entries.
My point being that as a breeder i will then be able to judge the growers entries without any of my own samples being in there (they would be in the breeders entry packs).
Hope that clears it up.
Peace

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i like your style truecannabliss
:respect:

however.... not what greyskull thinks matters hahaha

but i kinda like the idea of an "open" where its just one big bad blind overall "whos the man?"

anyways...

aloha

truecannabliss

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There should be an overall winner perhaps, in previous years i always looked at the highest overall score as the "best of the best"....for instance the year Jimmy Nitz and a well known breeder both entered the ECSD and won the breeder and grower categories Jimmy's score was the best across all categories.
Cant wait, peace.

H

Hazyfontazy

....for instance the year Jimmy Nitz and a well known breeder both entered the ECSD and won the breeder and grower categories Jimmy's score was the best across all categories.
Cant wait, peace.

i remember that year ,,i also remember one of them going round asking if we'd tried bag #23 and maybe was trying to sway a judge or two...
i was already swaying off all the beer jubei had bought me ,because he wanted to get me wrecked ,twas a good year

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i always looked at the highest overall score as the "best of the best"....

straight up
i can totally see what you're saying now with the "breeder" & "grower" categories...
culminating with an "overall" win-place-show based on points.
^^^that'd be cool

aloha

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the cup tool will show you who won in which category, there is a drop down menu where you put in if the entry is grower or seed company. but the cups we ordered will be for the 3 best indicas and the 3 best sativas over all, then 3 more for the 3 best hash entries. to me a good grower is a good grower, both breeders and plain old bud growers need to be good at growing to win this thing, so it really shouldn't matter if someone has a seed company or not, it's about their skill as a grower of good bud that we are judging them. it's not like the entry has to be from the seeds they make or anything like that.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
FUCK IM GETTING SUPER EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can you tell???

truecannabliss

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As said in another thread the idea of there not being separate Breeder and Grower packs and awards is a big change and not one im happy about, who has decided to make this choice?
It has worked fine the way it was in previous years, when prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Grower were given and 1st, 2nd and 3rd Breeder. This is something important to continue in my opinion.
Peace

Dark Helmet

couldnt agree more True, seems more like a smokeout with awards then a cup.

the cup tool will show you who won in which category, there is a drop down menu where you put in if the entry is grower or seed company. but the cups we ordered will be for the 3 best indicas and the 3 best sativas over all, then 3 more for the 3 best hash entries. to me a good grower is a good grower, both breeders and plain old bud growers need to be good at growing to win this thing, so it really shouldn't matter if someone has a seed company or not, it's about their skill as a grower of good bud that we are judging them. it's not like the entry has to be from the seeds they make or anything like that.

Yet wasnt it also a way for Breeders to compete against one another so they can prove there own lines?? Considering people spend hundreds buying seeds off seedbay/the bou wouldnt it be a better idea to leave it that way.... Its just nice to know that if something gets a mention i have the option to buy the seeds off here, unlike with the home growers with a clone only strain which i may never have a chance of getting.

truecannabliss

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i remember that year ,,i also remember one of them going round asking if we'd tried bag #23 and maybe was trying to sway a judge or two...
i was already swaying off all the beer jubei had bought me ,because he wanted to get me wrecked ,twas a good year

Well last year a lot of people were buying bud in town that was also entered in the cup, im sure that made them very familiar with it.
Peace
ps and not from coffee shops

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts