What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ziggy Stardust and the Hydro from Mars

Boob McNoob

Image782.jpg

Boob McNoob

While I had intended to commit both the Potatoes and Ghost Peppers to my in ground plot I changed course and offered them homes in the half barrel containers that should work nicely. New cover for the tattered greenhouse behind them should arrive in a week or so and I need to find the motivation to put up a second hexagonal unit I've had in the closet for over a year now.
IMG_20230304_153258796.jpg

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You sure are doing a lot of good work friend. Thanks for sharing your grow with us. Your leaves are cupping downwards because the roots are staying wet too long. I had the same thing happen to me when I used large containers. It may be a drainage problem with your bucket or soil but I'm not sure which. Anyway, you are doing a great job and thanks for sharing.

Boob McNoob

You sure are doing a lot of good work friend. Thanks for sharing your grow with us. Your leaves are cupping downwards because the roots are staying wet too long. I had the same thing happen to me when I used large containers. It may be a drainage problem with your bucket or soil but I'm not sure which. Anyway, you are doing a great job and thanks for sharing.
Interesting observation about the downward cupping; I routinely water the 5 gal container with 2 quarts when the entire plant begins to whither. Barely a trickle drains through to the pan that holds it and is takes a day or two before the signs of thirst become apparent again. I may try a more miserly approach and simply fill the catch pan and let it pull from below.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You may have too much soil in the container that lacks proper drainage. Make sure your have big drainage holes and put the bucket on mason jar lids to lift the bucket up in the drain trays for good drainage.

Latest posts

Latest posts