What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ziggy Stardust and the Hydro from Mars

Boob McNoob

New TSL2000 delivered this morning after negotiating since the beginning of August.
IMG_20221114_113336085.jpg

Working in a 2 x 4 closet with a comparable SP3000 fixture behind it giving me 600 w from the wall.
mars.jpg

Tinkered with settings to try to show the design that illustrates the difference between this and the SP 3000 - this unit features two drivers where the other has one. massive array of fins on the other as opposed to the broader hood on this which disperses heat.
IMG_20221114_193641681.jpg

Picking up in the middle with this review; the start of short hours for the quartet in front after a nearly two month veg phase - mature gals in the back with perhaps a few weeks to go.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the sticker says fragile with arrows point up, mcnoob
im sorry if i dont recognise this grow, do you have another thread? your set up looks sweet what kind of dirt is in those buckets?
looks like some kind of disco in that closet man, good return on light brother!

Boob McNoob

The bulk of my online presence is on another forum but the arrangement for this light called for the review here. My State will likely never join progressive society and the recently passed medicinal rules only allow for marketed products with no allowance for traditional green growing ganj' in it's natural form. The soil is a mix I've developed and produced dozens of times over for outdoor efforts as well as indoor delights. A bit of a chore when mixing up each batch but I've had acceptable results with this recipe. One bag of premium potting soil, one bag of mushroom compost, two bags of Perlite, and one to two bags of earthworm castings.
jungle growth.jpg
mushroom.jpg
perlite.jpg
worm poo.jpg

Boob McNoob

A little peek behind the curtain to see how the sausage is made. The main space I described earlier is fed by three separate extended veg cabinets as well as twin sprouting stations in the aim of operating as a perpetual system. These other boxes feature two Groplanner 150 w GP1500 units and a 100 w Spiderfarmer SF1000 along with two no name 70 w full spectrum panels.
Today saw a dozen fresh seeds hit the soil to get the next wave under way. Between them and the selections already on short hours are a pair that were topped a couple of days ago at around a month above ground and a third about a week or so behind them; I'm losing hope on another struggling individual that's almost two months old but just refuses to catch fire.
An unexpected companion effort is a rogue tomato that snuck in with a carless mix of some outdoor soil during sprouting during some of the other starts.
Dr Smith copy.jpg

Boob McNoob

A short sequence showing before and after topping (a three day period here). My normal routine has been after the fourth node with really aggressive LST which promotes a minimum of six competing colas. Usually this happens halfway through veg so there is a month or so to spread things out while they are still limber enough for the manipulations.
Image722.jpg Image723.jpg Image724.jpg

BrassNwood

Veteran

BrassNwood

Veteran
Damn i stumbled over an old message from Julie (Sundance6758) friend request but damned if i can find it again. Freeky.

BNW

Boob McNoob

What seemed to motivate the wave of users from there to here has been lost to the mists of memory but I believe it revolved around SG1 from Sanctuary Gardens and his more serious focus on strains in his thread Minions of the Dark.

Last edited:

BrassNwood

Veteran
What seemed to motivate the wave of users from here to there has been lost to the mists of memory but I believe it revolved around SG1 from Sanctuary Gardens and his more serious focus on strains in his thread Minions of the Dark.
Correct. The somewhat more relaxed rules was his reason for moving over and a few of us followed to keep a hand in his strains.

BNW

Boob McNoob

Even though I have existed here nearly as long as on the other site I never really familiarized myself and felt at home. I'm trying to branch out a bit to gain the perspectives of a new audience with this thread and spend a bit more time looking around for what I've not been exposed to over there.
Owing to the phenomenal response of this unexpected Tomato I've just dropped a handful of Ghost Pepper seeds to try to get something ready to throw in ground come Spring.
IMG_20221118_201900768.jpg

Boob McNoob

Working in compliment with the SP 3000, this new TSL 2000 puts my earlier configurations to shame. Really excited to see how quickly the younger wave in front obscures their elders.
IMG_20221119_231540053.jpg IMG_20221119_231629125.jpg IMG_20221119_231552263.jpg IMG_20221119_231637134.jpg

IMG_20221117_181546908.jpg

For nearly a year I've been experimenting with a reduced footprint (2 gal reclaimed coffee canisters) born of the frustrating experience that repotting is a craft that I can't master and the reality that despite my best intentions and high hopes a certain percentage in every wave evidence themselves as male.
IMG_20221120_210524905.jpg

This allows more players on the field which dulls the pain of the wasted time when a promising effort drops balls and keeps my ability to work toward a perpetual system.
One of the more cumbersome routines I employ is very aggressive LST after topping to promote the most potential alternate mains and viable bud sites. The new twerk is creating a framework at the rim of these containers with four bamboo skewers that allows for eight anchor points several inches beyond the circumference of the pots that can be assembled and broken down with each new cycle. Neglected to do the template for this prototype but the lesson is learned and when I follow through with the rest of the buckets this will form a square.
IMG_20221121_132451669.jpg

Boob McNoob

I don't seem to see a sub forum related to music appreciation but it's such an important part of my day I'm dropping some selections here for like minded folks.
Tarhartazed live Mdou Moctar
Wish you were here - a soulful interpretation
People Everywhere - Khruangbin live
Point and Kill - Little Simz
Sorry I'm Late - Kollektive Turmstrasse
Mix Tel Aviv - Kutiman
Dance of Eagle - Sainkho Namtchylak
Golden Brown - Dave Brubeck
Burn your Village to the Ground - The Halluci Nation
Otava Yo - OtabaE
Lament for Gilgamesh - Peter Pringle
The Fish - Yes

Last edited:

Boob McNoob

IMG_20221124_021836965.jpg

Took a little time today to put the bamboo skewers in place for the following wave to maximize their potential while still on veg hours. The specimen in the center of this trio gives me a foreboding chill as it reflects the more traditional node spacing of a male. Caught a little off guard with three of the previous wave of four going balls up especially given how their structure never hinted at this direction.
IMG_20221124_015040242.jpg
IMG_20221124_015123258.jpg
IMG_20221124_015459085.jpg

Boob McNoob

Due to my overreach with seven stations in play, the accumulated stifling heat has been making it more challenging to combat stress with these smaller containers; it seems I haven't been watering and adding nutes on an expedited basis. Compounding my frustration is the reality that the seed pool I'm working from has a pretty dismal germination rate - I've come to realize that they weren't allowed to mature enough to be viable.
As a contrast, the males I pulled and cruelly repotted to finish outdoors are thriving and vibrant as opposed to the lackluster appearance of these poor ladies.
IMG_20221203_180951148.jpg

Last edited: