What's new

YUKONS OUTDOOR TRASH CAN SCROG

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
NOKUY said:
thanks pipeline!!...and thanks AG!!

...and yeah I had a few male plants that I "thought I tossed out" living for over a month in tied off white kitchen garbage bag on my porch...was quite a shock when i opened that bag up and the plants rooted into the other garbage in there, and grew huge ..lol. (we had a bonfire that nite to destroy all that crap)

Typical male - no trauma short of complete destruction will keep it from trying to screw a woman :D

Kinda like zombies - you gotta burn them :D

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe nite tiger :D i hope not all women take us like that hehe

very nice idea yukon!

clowntown

Veteran
Made it to harvest! :headbange

But to be honest, a little disappointed! I was expecting quite a bit more, like packed with some buds. Doesn't look to be much more than 10g dry in there. :(

Cool though either way, great idea and proof of concept!

NOKUY

Veteran
clowntown said:
Made it to harvest! :headbange

But to be honest, a little disappointed! I was expecting quite a bit more, like packed with some buds. Doesn't look to be much more than 10g dry in there. :(

Cool though either way, great idea and proof of concept!

sup "clowntown" :wave:

yeah I was expecting a bit more too.....

...the yield wasn't as low as you guessed tho.

I got about 30 grams of decent nugs, not much popcorn, even from what was under the screen.

funny thing when I dumped the barrell, the initial rootballs did not grow into the barrell...the were locked tight like when I transplanted them. (prolly should have loosened them up a bit)....but I do shit in a hurry sometimes.

the stone on these is xtra potent tho...since I let them go wayyyyyyy longer than I do indoors (I think I was over 3 months forced flower)...illlll have to look back to beg. of the thread to be sure.

..anyway thanks for everyones interest in this thread....I do think I could do some things much better a 2nd time ...maybe ill consider just (1) outstanding plant in a sim. barrell next year and start earlier, and let it veg into deeper soil....I think results could be improved.

I'm not at all un-happy tho...this "barrel-bud" has gotten me thru what would have been "dry-times" :headbange

Soul Crusher

I like the ingenuity also Yukon. Nice job.

I'm going to give this a try next year for shits and giggles. Wonder what the neighbors would think with 30 or so garbage cans lined up in the backyard haha :headbange .

ah man, me and a buddy have been wanting to do this so bad :( but the temperatures where i live get way to high for this kind of setup. It's unfortunate, cause I see it as a good way to go, as far as outdoor stealth

Nokuy; it is such a great idea. simple, practical, effective.

i always wanted to do a backyard grow and measure it against my indoor thing. something nice about sun drenched buds. i'm off to scout out the backyard. :)

well done!

awesome stealth idea..... and easy to "build" :)

Way better than doing all this camo planting of tomatoes and the
like to hid a plant on the balcony... which also attracts nosy hobbygardeners Q´s.
... a plastic trash can must be the biggest non-eyecatcher u could put
on a balcony!

K+

Wyatt.

NOKUY

Veteran
thanks everyone :wave: I'm glad peeps are still stikin around for this.

i'm gonna be doin another one this year, i'm not sure what strains, but they will be clones that i will start veggin soon....and the can will be out more of the summer (earlier start).

also it helps alot if you can tilt the can and face it into the sun...something i should have done more often.

i'll def post pics when it gets goin

Latest posts

Latest posts