What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YUKONS OUTDOOR TRASH CAN SCROG

nut

LOL now that gives me an idea! why did i not think of that??? perfect to do a bit of breeding with. Im glad i saw this thread its amazing wha you come accross on the net when you have nothing to do LOL

Thanks NOKUY you have inspired me to try this :cool: flower any time of the year just put the lid on every day 12/12. Iv been growing 15 years and and i thought i have seen it all *big thumbs up*

book marked :muahaha:

Last edited:

Kodaxx

What if you buried a trashcan in the ground in the woods...would it have enough light to grow? Leaving the lid off, but just keeping the plant out of eyesight

Ipsissimus

hmm...why not dig 4 feet down, 6ftx6ft wide, and have like a below sight room size? Throw clear plastic over it for a green house...it would look like plastic sheet laying on the ground from above. This could be interesting in a backyard type setup. wait, I'd rather build a greenhouse than dig all that up, sorry, stoned :bashhead:

C

Chamba

in many areas (like here!), closing the lid for a few hours each night would cause bud mold in the later stages of flowering...one way to prevent this would be to modify the lid so it sits an inch or two higher above the top of the trash can and the rim of the lid extended down so no light gets in but some air does..or just start them later and timed so the last 25 days of flowering doesn't require light blocking (as the natural daylight is 13 ~ 12.5 hours and reducing)

another idea would be to cut the trash can in half so the plants get more light and for easier access...the top half of the trash can and the lid wbe placed over the plants each night, as the plants increase in height, you could fix the top half of the can in place

regarding light pollution on a balcony - Some strains will keep on happily flowering with a little night light pollution, while others get leafy or slow down. The rule of thumb (nail) is if you can see the whites of your fingernails when held close to your flowers at night most days of the month, then there's probably too much light from that sign, building or street light and you might have problems....a simple fix for a street light across the road is to place a shrub close to your plant so the amount of light shining on her is reduced, this might just be enough to get your girls to bud out and finish..the alternate to having a lovely sunny balcony with a bastard street light nearby is to use that balcony as your vegetative growth area .

good thread Nokuy.....just like OG became, this site is so big that all I have time to do is read a few Hashish forum posts and the odd thread in the Tokers Den and about the 2009 ICmag Cup ..so often i miss out on interesting threads like this.

C

cellardweller

Ok, NOKUY,
you inspired me. Im going to use my own organic soil mix of bits and pieces I had leftover, bone and blood meals, and some ewc. Thinkin I'll use some sticks and twigs at the bottom to help with airflow down there. I'll bring the soil line up a few inches above the paint, so it'll be like 10-13 gallons I think, and I have a full month at least to get some veg on some clones in there.
Did you have any heat problems?
How did you fix the screen to the barrel? or did you just use pressure, pushing the screen in tight?
How bad did it smell?

thanks for sharing your great idea!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

still haven't decided on whether or not to use the screen.

peacenpot,
~cellard

NOKUY

Veteran
looks good man.

...as for the screen it just pressure fit inside...really easy.

when i do it again ill use the screen again too....it doesnt have to lay flat....mine sort of made a semi-dome shape when it went in.

maybe u can tell from this pic:

145046666tcanscrog1.JPG

PiffGuru

I love this garbage can grow... real simple and easy... Only problem I foresee is if you have this can completely outdoors and not under a balcony or something than when it rains your screwed... U will have some swimming plants... But I guess if you put some air holes above your soil line it will help relieve the backup of water... Just thinkin out loud here

C

cellardweller

well Piff, if you took the time to read through or even look at the pics, you would see that it's not an issue.
I have had rain for 21 straight days here, and not a puddle to be seen.
picture.php

NOKUY

Veteran
well Piff, if you took the time to read through or even look at the pics, you would see that it's not an issue.
I have had rain for 21 straight days here, and not a puddle to be seen.
picture.php

lookin good man!...thanks for keeping us updated!

C

cellardweller

thanks Yuk..
gonna go LST for ease..you cant really see em, but there are tent stakes in there..
the 2 on the upper right will be au natural..no LST..

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
I love this garbage can grow... real simple and easy... Only problem I foresee is if you have this can completely outdoors and not under a balcony or something than when it rains your screwed... U will have some swimming plants... But I guess if you put some air holes above your soil line it will help relieve the backup of water... Just thinkin out loud here[

LOL And how would holes at the top of the soil HELP?

I'm f--king ROTFLMAO

INH

I got an ideal just KEEP a lid on it all the time so it dont get water in it,,, LOL he he he ( My ribs are hurting)

CoonLover

I love this garbage can grow... real simple and easy... Only problem I foresee is if you have this can completely outdoors and not under a balcony or something than when it rains your screwed... U will have some swimming plants... But I guess if you put some air holes above your soil line it will help relieve the backup of water... Just thinkin out loud here

LOL And how would holes at the top of the soil HELP?

I'm f--king ROTFLMAO

INH

I got an ideal just KEEP a lid on it all the time so it dont get water in it,,, LOL he he he ( My ribs are hurting)

Well its not that off the wall. Holes at the soil line would not allow pooling. Kind of like overflows on a dam..:2cents:

DAMS1.22.jpg

fig58.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts