What's new

YUKONS OUTDOOR TRASH CAN SCROG

GroovyBunny

nokuy, you think this would look suspicious from above when choppers do their normal fly-bys in july august? think some window screening at the top of the can would let in enough sunlight? dyin to do some outdoor growin again

NOKUY

Veteran
ok guys it took me a while to get back to this, and it almost didnt happen this year, and i dont know where its gonna go....so hang on for the ride ...I will keep this updated.

-i have had these little guys vegging in my cabinet ...mostly under floros, and the last 2 weeks under 300 watts hps. (thats my cab set-up)

-i was gonna chop them today because i might move in a cpl months, and i dont wanna deal with a grow right now.

-i fukin hate killing plants so i decided to put them all into my old scrog can...and hang on to them outdoors.

-another reason i didnt wanna kill them is cuz they are some awesome genetics....i mean awesome, and i cant kill this shit.

...heres a list of what they are (i may have to edit this, but im gonna do my best here right from the start.)

BTW most this shit is from FJ (...FJ your my dawg...thanks again and again bro :wave:)

(7) are geeze kush

(5) are Teskanti

(4) are F13 x Deep chunk ( i may have to edit that after i talk to fj again)

(4) are Mental Floss

...none have been sexed yet, so i will be culling the boys when they show, but i thought id do this instead of killing them.

since this can is getting an earlier start if i keep it ill clone the bitches i like and ill chop off the bottom of a sim can and line it w/ foil like this one and place it in here at the same time that i put the scrog screen in.

and ill refresh the soil since this isnt optimum by any means. The soil now is beyond optimum tho as youll see in a cpl days when i pic the plants again)

its mostly ocean forest w/ about 25% extra worm castings that i added, and i watered w/ liquid seaweed....the last i had, i added dolomite lime, and a drop or two of superthrive......i also threw in a small bit of fox farm "marine quisine"...i know to be very careful w/ that stuff, but if used right the plants fukin love it.

...also if i stay here i can bring the shit in and throw them under the 600 watter and finish them...at any given time.

...if i move and cant take them then i'll have a friend who is gonna be really really lucky!

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
zoolander i'm getting my sluice togeter again too lets go talk about that in the gold thread...seriously...i fukin want sum gold....we icmag peeps need to figure that out bro :wave:

siren420

Yukon, did you get any light at all during your 'dark' photoperiod from them being outdoors? I'm wondering because I'd like to do this on my porch, but there is some light from lower then my apt. streetlights, so it wouldn't be completely dark...but, also not directly over them.

thanks for any info!

NOKUY

Veteran
siren420 said:
Yukon, did you get any light at all during your 'dark' photoperiod from them being outdoors? I'm wondering because I'd like to do this on my porch, but there is some light from lower then my apt. streetlights, so it wouldn't be completely dark...but, also not directly over them.

thanks for any info!

i didnt get any light on em because i put a lid on the can every night at 6pm and took it off at 6am

siren420

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you had said they were uncovered 4 hours later.

Ok, with that... were they completely shut off from air for 12 hours or did you have a vent system?

NOKUY

Veteran
i should have explained that better...sorry

at first i left it on all night because the sun came up too early....w/out any ventilation at night.

when the sun started to come up about the same time i wanted for 12 hours and less then i only put the lid on for a few hrs....and at that time when the lid was off they got no light except for moon light...i live in the mtns, and there are no street lights or city light at all.

hope that helps

Still @ it Eh?
Nice to see some perserverience!!
If this was discussed earlier sorry, But are you covering them beacuse the day is too long @ this time of year?

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
That's a great idea! Would be mold city in my part of the world, what with the rain and high humidity, but it's a great idea. I've had to hang up my growing hat up for a while. Just too busy for a guerilla grow right now. :(

growsmall

didnt read the whole thread but had this idea my self have a wheelie bin lined with insulation but was gonna go cfls and computer fans hydro (dwc?) im focusing on my fridge for now but will definately give it a go love it m8 and over a year b4 i even thought of the idea lol happy growin man !

rocky_mtns

so awesome dude, this is inspirational. i have a couple south-facing porches but don't want anything suspicious looking for the neighbors to wonder about, this seems to be a good solution! thanks man

Nice one NOKUY. Something different for sure.

This has also inspired me, but as i'm in the UK mold can be a huge issue. I would love to be able to force flowering, but my garden is'nt big enough to place another shed out there, and neighbours are to close they could get suspisious of me moving large plants in and out of the shed.

I did almost get a mini shed (like a bike shed), just enough space to whack the girls into. And this i may still do, as contemplating this in the UK as July to early September are our best sunny months.

NOKUY

Veteran
thanks for the props you guys!

i never quite imagined that peeps would get this so much...it was just an expirment at first...and it worked....glad u guys that got it "got it".

i dont think i'd call it "pretty" like my indoor shit, but fuck whos gonna complain about sum free weed grown outdoors, and stealth.

the potency is on par w/ all the ingrown tho.

Latest posts

Latest posts