What's new

You cant do that on Television... 400w Mod SCROG.

You cant do that on Television... 400w Mod SCROG.

• ya

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • nay

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

barth

8-9-10 update

8-9-10 update

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It is always nice to get compliments.

Veg-n Like the 3 screen scrog. I have to give that a try if yours goes well. Sometimes 4 plants is a pain in the ass. Even more so now that i am using pure coco.

I chopped the DNA chocolope at day 72. It seemed like it was going to go forever. The yield was a bit low but its to be expected with the higher temp i guess. It has a great fruity smell with a hint of chocolate.

Alien Dawg day day 55

Katsu Bubba Kush day 49

Nirvana Master kush Day 14

Subcool Jillybean Day3

Nothing special yet no picture.
:moon:

gdbud

Your plants are looking great.
I just placed my plants under the SCROG last night and trimmed away some of the fan leaves.

barth

No plant updates today. Just wanted to show some Sprung Bag bubble hash that i made with some trim ive been saving.

Here is about 3.5 grams of mixed hash, It is a mix of Soma Lavender, Nirvana blue Mystic and DNA Chocolope i have recently harvested. I used dry trim for this round.

Tried it last night and the 73µ bubbles like crazy and tastes and smells wonderful. It has dried a light brown sandy color and very firm. Im guessing its about 4 grams.

Here is another batch that i made the same day. It is 100% Mandala Satori. I used wet frozen trim for this batch.

Havent tried it yet but it is more pliable like play doh and dried a dark brown almost black color. It also has a stronger smell then the batch i made above with dried trim. It also yielded about 4 grams.

So about 8 grams from trim. I think thats pretty good for using material that i would have normally thrown away.

the END

Hey Barth!
Sweet Setup you got going. I was searching for some information on Scrog, just stumbled upon this grow, and am pretty sure all YOUR experience has now provided ME with complete answers... WooHoo thank you!
Great to see your Satori in progress, as I have a pack of my own on it's way

Hope you Don't mind me Sharing...
This is my very first Scrog, "Sour Cream" Sour Diesel x G13 Haze
400HPS

I Vegged for a solid month maybe more under under cfl/mh. Now at day 11 flowering.

Last Day of Veg:
scrog001.jpg

Today 11:
scrog002.jpg

...pulled the car over to scissor this screen out of some fail fencing straggling across the ground...

I'm planning on Perfection:good:

barth

Hey the END, Glad i could be helpful. That is the whole reason i do this. Your set up looks good too. I like the fencing. The price is right and the it is very effective. ;-)

barth

8-17-2010 update

8-17-2010 update

Just another quick update.

DAMN it has been hot. I am ready for fall. Even though i run the lights at night the temps got up to 89 last night. That sucks but acceptable for my system.

Onto the pics.

Aliend Dawg Day 63 of flowering
This girl has been steadily fattening up now for a week or so. The tops arent that far over the screen but they are FAT. I think this will yield well even though its not as tall as the others. The smell is ether and sort of spicy.

Katsu Bubba Kush Day 57 of flowering
This lady almost looks done but i have been told for the best results let it go 70 days or more if possible. Ill just keep checking the trics. It has a chocolaty, coffee smell and is covered with trichs.

Nirvana Master Kush Day 22 of flowering
Picture speaks for itself. Not much going on with this. Got some small buds formed and some trics already starting to show.

Subcool JillyBean day 11 of flowering
Not Much here just a lot of stretching going on. She is already getting an orange citrus smell that will increase over the next few weeks.

COCO had been alot easier to use when i thought. It seems to be very forgiving. I do have a fungas gnat problem but im am about to get it under contorl using Bayer Complete Insect Killer. I am just waiting for my Bubba Kush and Aliend Dawg to finish before applying to all the plants.

I have already tired mosquito dunks.

This is the thread i found the Bayer Complete Insect Killer info from.

Gnats & Root Aphids in Coco

Thanks all for now. Take care all.:jump::blowbubbles:

barth

Nice to you see your skill progressing throughout the grows... keep up the good work!

Thanks for looking. I am always studying and learning since issues always pop up. I do love the scrogging.

:wave:

Today i chopped the Alien Dawg at day 66. It had Nanners popping up everywhere on her. I can only assume that it is because of the heat issues lately. I have also been told that any strain that has Chem D in it has a tendency to hermi when stressed. I'm sure i have said that before. HAHA I didnt see any seeds so i don't think the male flowers had pollen.

Here is what i got. The buds are very dense and compact. I suspecting that it is probably a few OZ or more. Not bad for a summer grow. I would have normally called it quits for summer but decided to battle the heat.

barth

Today is going to be a hot one. It is supposed to reach 108f in my area. I have my A/C cranked up and my fan seed controller on high. Temps will probably get to about 87 in my cabinet today. I Cant wait until winter. I'm sure that that is something only some one that lives in Southern California would say.

On the the pictures.

Katsu Bubba Kush day 64.

Nirvana Master Kush Day 39

SubCool Jillybean day 18

Greenhouse Seeds Super Lemon Haze vegging
Will be running this again. I really liked it. It is easy to grow. The damage on the leaf is from gettting to close to the CFL when veggin.

:thank you::friends:

Veg-n

Cool...looking forward to another run of the Super Lemon Haze, Barth. Still following along enthusiastically. Keep on scroggin'!

Veg-n

barth

OOOPS forgot to post pictures of my chopped Katsu Bubba kush. It was chopped at day 70. It has a coffee, chocolaty, lemony smell that is very inviting and pleasant. The buds are absolutely covered in trichs and i cant wait to get a cure on this one. Overall yield wasn't huge but good id say.

barth

Update Sep 2 2010

Update Sep 2 2010

Hey Icmaggers,

Wow has it ever been nice the last week or so. However the temps are going back up and this will create more temp issues for me. Not a big deal since summer is coming to a close. I cant wait to really get my setup dialed in.

I have concidered not running a perpetual anymore. I want to start using the watering system described in the followin thread.

Blumat auto watering

It is also being successfully used here.

Field Marshell Seeds goes to the Birds (thanks gdbud)

I love using COCO but dont love hand watering daily or even every other day. This will allow me to go away for the weekend without coming back to wilted under watered plants.

Here are a few pictures of what i currently have flowering.

Nirvana Master Kush day 38

This is a very pretty plant. This is my 5th time growing her out. She is a very huge yielder, smells like some sort of sour skunk and has a decent taste. I got rid of the mother because i wanted to keep numbers down but i my have to reveg her and keep a cut. :blowbubbles:

Subcool Jillybean day 27

This gal doesn't smell much but odor seems to be increasing. It should have a great orange tang smell. It did last time i grew it out. I hope she is a keeper, i had to chop early last time due to Powdery Mildew.

GreenHouse seeds Super Lemon Haze. Still vegging.

Going to try LST with her this time around. She looks like she is almost ready to flower.

That is it for now. Later All:dance013::tiphat::):thank you:

gdbud

Barth, Thanks for the plug to my grow.
I hope that you found a source for the Blumats. They are getting hard to find now that the word of them has gotten out.
Once you use them you will love the ease that they make of your watering job.
I'm thinking of just staying with the Blumats and not go back to my DWC this winter
Have you found much information on the use of the Blumats with COCO?

Nice pictures!

barth

Barth, Thanks for the plug to my grow.
I hope that you found a source for the Blumats. They are getting hard to find now that the word of them has gotten out.
Once you use them you will love the ease that they make of your watering job.
I'm thinking of just staying with the Blumats and not go back to my DWC this winter
Have you found much information on the use of the Blumats with COCO?

Nice pictures!

You have a grow that is def worth plugging. :tiphat:

I havent found a source yet but have put my local hydro store on it. They said they can get them in a few days.

Did you get your Air pots at your hydro store also? My hydro store doesnt seem to have anything new ever. They just carry the same old stuff they have for years.

those katsu nuggs hare killing me man,respect!!

Thanks BroughtSuperior, Hope they are as good as they look. I need another good ass kicking smoke to knock me out at night.

gdbud

I found my air pots on-line at Quail Mountain Ranch.net they are called "Superroot Air Pot"
if you are going to do a search for them. I have both the 3 liter and the 7.5 liter pots.

If it wasn't for this site and Internet shopping I would be growing with the old stuff that the shops around here carry.

It people like us that are looking for the latest technology stuff to experiment with and that are willing document our grows so that others my fallow. Only then will the shops start to carry the new stuff. But by then we will be looking towards the new stuff that the shop do not carry.

People that I know who are still growing the old way do not understand the screen thing (SCROG) I use, But are totally blown away when they find out that I was able to pull 9oz from two plants and only a 400 watter. They just will not look at a different way of growing and until more people do, the shops continue to cater to the masses

barth

09-09-2010

09-09-2010

Not much happening. The temps have been wonderful. Cab is staying in the mid 70s.

I finally found Tropf Blumat patio kit that i will be installing in the next few weeks after it is delivered. It will be nice to not have to remove the plants from my cabinet. It is stealth and very hard to get to to remove 4 plants to water twice week.

I will still have to remove them once in a while and inspect but not as much as now.

Here are this weeks pics.

Nirvana Master Kush day 45.

She is a stinker and is really getting fat now. I dont know why i got rid of the mother as she is a decent plant and everyone loves her.

Subcool Jillybean day 34

Not much smell yet. Cant wait until she starts to smell like tang.

Greenhouse Seeds Super Lemon Haze Day 1

I have a Chem D on deck that is a little late. I got a little behind this run so my perpetual is a little off.

Thanks for looking. Let me know what you think.
:wave::thank you:

barth

Whats up CnD,

I paid for mine mine at http://homeharvest.com/dripirrigationtropfblumat.htm

I haven't gotten them in the mail yet. They also havent sent me my final order confirmation. Still waiting for them to say it has been sent.

http://www.phoenixorganics.com/ had one that they pieced together for me. You need to call them if you want to work with them. They dont have a cart to purchase from. Also the price on the site isnt what they are selling it for.

Hope that helps. I know your frustration. It took forever to find them.

barth

Quick update for the week.

Im still waiting for my blumat watering patio system. They had some issues with my payment and i had to arrange another payment. I got a shipping confirmation so it's on the way. WOOHOO another toy to play with.

I also ordered 3 - 3 liter air pots and 5 - 12.5 liter air pots that i am wait for. I love trying new things to maximize my yield. My wife thinks i just like to waste money. HAHA Should be fun when i get it.

Here are some pictures of current flowering gals.

Nirvana Master Kush day 54
Stinky, and HUGE! She will go about 70 days so i will start flushing soon.

Subcool JillyBean day 42
Smell like tang. Probably take her to about 55 - 60 days. No more feeding for her. She developed what appears to be CAL/Mag deficiency. Decided not to do much about it since she will be coming down soon.

Greenhouse Super lemon haze day 9

Not much to say yet. I am expecting good things in coco with her.she has stretched a lot already.

Cup Challenge redo about day 9 Chem D

I failed Miserably on the redspaghetti cup challenge.

FTA ( free to all ) Summer 16 0z cup Challange

Even though the challenge is coming to and end i decided to give it a run just to boost confidence in myself since i killed one last run.

Thats all for now. :dance013::thank you: