What's new

You cant do that on Television... 400w Mod SCROG.

You cant do that on Television... 400w Mod SCROG.

• ya

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • nay

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

barth

Hello.... May i take your order????

Just thought id post some info about my grow. I gotta give alot of thanks to verdantgreen for all the updates that he has done on his mod scrog setup. He and all the other scroggers have been such a huge help in getting to where i am now. I am by no means a expert, but i do grow and smoke some of the best buds that i have ever had in my life.

box size 26"by 30" by 60"
Fan:- GrowBright 6" 424 cfm using speed controller
light: 400 hps w/cool tube

Medium: I use pure coco. I purchase a brick for $11 from my local hydro shop. It seems very easy to use. I am new to coco and so far i love it.

nutes:
Veg
G.H. FloraNova Grow

Flowering
CNS 17 Bloom
CNS 17 Ripe

Scrog pot size: 4 pots each 4 gallon pots with 15" by 12" screen attached. Screen is 5 inches above pot. I got these square buckets from a restaurant.

Water

RO water sometimes add calmag if needed. When using the CNS17 nutes and RO water it balances the PH of the water to a perfect 6.1 PH. Which is just right for coco.

Current Strains Flowering:tiphat:

Katsu Bubba Kush
Nirvana Master Kush
SubCool Jillybean

On Deck

Greenhouse Super Lemon Haze round 2
CHEM D???

Cabinet filled.:dance013:

picture.php

Chopped/Harvested click link to go to album
2 screens Super Lemon Haze / flowered on 3/2/10 went 63 days 140 grams
1 Screen of Nirvana Blue Mystic / flowered on 4/13/10 went 57 days 86 grams
1 screen of Soma Lavender / flowered on 4/16/10 went 69 days 81 grams
1 Screen Mandala Satori (spear or skyrocket pheno?)/ flowered on 5/16/10 went 70 days and yield was 56 grams.
1 screen DNA Chocolope./ flowered on 5/26/10 went 72 days yeild was 50 grams

Last edited:

barth

3/26 update,

Super Lemon Haze. Day 15

SLH Day 24

Hey all,

Here it is day 31 of flowering. This weeks progress has been the smell. A very lemony odor has started to develop. Also the buds are starting to fill in a little more.

The canopy is pretty even. The tallest top is 9 inches above the screen. I think the stretch is done finally.

I had a little Powdery Mildew on some of the leaves under the screen but as long as i use green cure every 10 - 14 days it keeps it under control. It has been 7 days and there is no sign of it coming back yet.

I have a screen of Soma Lavender that will be going in the cab in a few days. A few days after that i will have another screen full of Blue Mystic. I cant wait to see this box full.

Thanks to all that have taken a look so far.

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Love your individual scrog setup...

Love your individual scrog setup...

I've grown the blue mystic, but haven't seen it done in a while, and I've been looking at the Super Lemon Haze from green house. I'll be following along.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

barth

Last year when i grew out Blue Mystic, i got what is in the pictures below. I am using the same mom. It is a VERY heavy feeder in flower.

barth

Here is a screen of Soma Lavender that i added today. It is almost full and should fill up nicely, i hope. I have never scrogged Lavender before but isn't a strain with a lot of stretch when i used LST to train it.

A crappy side pic

Top looking ok. This isnt the final position of the branches.

ge141

Organicare Pure Granules

Organicare Pure Granules

I like your set up and you are the first person I have seen using the Organicare Pure Granules. How are you liking the Granules so far? Was thinking about giving them a try with an outdoor grow.

ozeek

how long did the slh veg did u top ?did u use the screen during the veg or did u place it rightbefore flower

barth

ge141, So far i love it. I have just went exactly by the instructions and it seems to work very well and my plants are very healthy. I have not used any additional ferts on the super lemon haze. It has a horrible chicken manure smell to it but when mixed with the soil it is not that bad. The only problem outdoors is it might attract critters like skunks.

ozeek To be honest i cant remember. I have had this cut since OCT and just been chopping the shit out of it trying to keep it small enough to fit into my VERY small veg cabinet. If i was to top normally i would probably do it at about 7 inches so it have enough nodes to create the branches to fill the screen.

barth

Hey all,

Today is day 38 for my Super Lemon Haze. It is really starting to smell like lemons now. The smell comes through more and more every week. I have a Feeling im really going to like this strain.

I am surprised at how many pistils ate turing brown. It seems to be normal so i am not concerned.

Today was Fert day. I weight out 2.25oz of Organicare Pure Bloom the bag says it is 1-5-4 with 6% calcium. I mix up the first few inches of soil and just mix it in. I try not to go to deep and disturb the roots. I add more ferts every 2 weeks.

Then i use my high tech watering system to just water as normal. It is just a 3 gallon bottle and a racking cane that i use to use to transfer beer from a carboy into kegs.

Here are the updated pictures for the week.

random bud shot

Thanks for looking. Give some feed back if you like or see something i could improve on.

chemman14

nice, glad to see im not the only home brewer that decided to try his hand at growing :D. All i need now is a still and I can take care of all of my inebriation needs

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow barth - you've done a great job with the mod scrog! its a good canopy with a bit of height which usually translates to a good yield

ill be watching!

VG.

boroboro

Very nice! How long did you veg?

Is that screen stable enough with just one bolt per side holding it in? It looks like it could wobble/rotate around the one bolt axis. Maybe you just squeeze it tight.

barth

chemman14 - Grow and brewing seem to compliment each other well. Nothing nice then enjoying a home brewed Nut brown or IPA with a fat homegrown spliff. I would like to do the still thing but my wife thinks i have enough "hobbies" already.

apollonio - Thanks for stopping in. Hope it is rewarding. I want to maximize my little spot and think this is going to do it.

VerdantGreen - Im honored that you stopped by my thread. I give your work a lot of credid for having a successful go at it the first time. The most confusing part of scrog for me was training. You thread is very clear and helpful. You also gave me a template of how to run a proper thread. Thanks man.

boroboro - The Super Lemon Haze was way over vegged. I had to chop a huge pile of branches off my plant. I think i went 6 weeks while i waited for some ak48 to finish. It didnt finish in 48 days. More like 60. :) I have 2 bolts in each side, just cropped the pictures so you cant see them. I switched from this method and on the second set of screens i just use drywall screws to secure them. The bolts actually get in the way of each other when placed in the cab.

barth

Man i don't know what is up with my Super Lemon haze. almost all of the pistils have turned have changed color. It is only at day 42. I have checked them over for male flowers. I don't seem to have any deficiencies. Temps have been between 78 - 85. Humidity about 30%. I'm stumped. they are staring to look ready to be harvested. They are supposed to go 70 days at least. I should check the Trichs i guess. They don't lie.

I have been battling a little Powdery Mildew. I always seem to get a little when it rains. It doesn't rain much where i live so when it does mold and PM do wild. I have been using GreenCure for it. Could this be causing the early pistil change?

My 4th screen is finally filled. It is Nirvana Blue Mystic. It took a while longer then the others.

Here it is after training today.

Anyone have a the link to the tutorial on removing the HPS color from images. It just looks tacky i think.

barth

HerbGlaze and Bud Greenleaf Thanks taking a look at my little grow.

little will Thanks that is EXACTLY what i was looking for. I don't have photoshop but GIMP has the same function. Some days my search skills suck.

barth

Update 4/16/2010

Update 4/16/2010

Update 4/16/2010

I have come to the conclusion that i must have an early finishing strain of Super Lemon Haze. I am at day 45 and almost all of the pistils have changed color. They are still getting fatter as you can see from my update last week. The single screen side view is the same screen as last week.

I checked the Trichs on the SLH and they are about 40% cloudy and the rest clear. Its hard for me to believe that this will go 70+ days. We will see i guess. As long as they are getting fatter and trichs are good they will stay where they are.

The Soma Lavender is right on track at 10 days. Getting a little height over the screen now. Flowering Should really kick in next week. I cant wait. Last time i grew this i had a huge problem with mildew and chopped early. I seem to have this under control now.

I will give this plant one more training to even out the canopy.

Now here is the baby of the bunch. Its the Blue Mystic at day 3. It will get a few more trainings before i feel comfortable with its position in the screen.

Any tips to improve my diary are appreciated. Do i post to many pics? Should i learn to do thumbs? Im new to this so let me know.