What's new

You cant do that on Television... 400w Mod SCROG.

You cant do that on Television... 400w Mod SCROG.

• ya

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • nay

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

barth

Barth so you are a cook on adult swim?

He was originally a cook on a Canadian Kids show called "you cant do that on television. It was also on nickelodeon. A lot of us old folks have fond memories of growing up watching the show.

The adult swim was just a spoof of the show.

barth

If i add up the last 4 harvests i got 307 grams. That would put me at .75 gpw in 70 days. I guess that is ok. I really want to get the full gpw. however it is getting hot so i will probably get decreased yield due to heat. We will see.

barth

June 25 2010 update

June 25 2010 update

Hey all, How has life been treating you. I have been busy with lots of out of towners visiting. I got a chance today to shoot some pictures of my ladies. The visitors are doing tourist stuff today so lots of free time.

Here is my Mandala Satori. It is losing its cat piss smell and getting a more spicy smell. This is great smoke. When let go atleast 70 days or more. It is lives up to its rep. I added 3 oz of bloom ferts to the soil This week. It also needed a dose of cal-mag. It is at day 40 of flower right now.

Here is the DNA chocolope. This gal is very green and seems to be healthy. It is starting to take on its choco smell. Should turn out to be good smoke too. She is at day 31 of flower.

This Alien Dog i got from PNC is just starting to poke her head above the screen after the last training yesterday. No smell yet. She is sitting at day 10 of flowering.

Here is my Katsu Bubba Kush from The Clone Depot. It is my pure COCO experiment. I plan on using the dry ferts in the coco with plain ro water and some cal-mag. Should be fun. She is at day 4 in flowering.

Now a few shots of My recently harvested Nirvana Blue Mystic and Soma Lavender.

Nirvana Blue Mystic 2 weeks cured.

Soma Lavender 1 week cure. Needs a little bit more trimming i think.

Hope you all enjoy. Thanks for looking. :wave:

gdbud

you need to give that Blue Mystic about a 6 week more cure.
My WW has now been jarred for 10 - 11 weeks now and I have not really seen much improvement since around the 8th week. It is now a golden brown color instead of the green color.
I was at a friends house last night and he had just harvested a WW clone I gave him a week or two ago and he made the comment on how nice and green his was compaired to mine which was kind of brown. He likes his weed nice n green and fresh.

barth

you need to give that Blue Mystic about a 6 week more cure.
My WW has now been jarred for 10 - 11 weeks now and I have not really seen much improvement since around the 8th week. It is now a golden brown color instead of the green color.
I was at a friends house last night and he had just harvested a WW clone I gave him a week or two ago and he made the comment on how nice and green his was compaired to mine which was kind of brown. He likes his weed nice n green and fresh.

I will give it a lot of time to cure. It will stay in a 1 gallon jar for at least another month. Then i will put it in quart jars for probably another month. They are currently sitting at 63% RH and smelling wonderful already.

Im smoking on some Nirvana Master Kush that i jarred on January 5th 2010. It is nice and brown with a little hint of green here and there. I like mine fully cured.

barth

No picture update today. I am in the process of changing the lights to run at night. My cabinet has been getting up to about 96f during the day when lights are on. When i switch i dont do anything special just skip the day cycle and keep them dark for about 24 hours. They never seem to mind. Im sure they hate the heat worse then the dark.

Satori has been showing some burn from the lamp being so hot. The leaves at the top started looking brown and crispy. This is what prompted me to changethe cycle as this is my talles plant and the closest to the light.

Chocolope. This lady doesnt seem to mind the heat but it isnt as close to the lamp as the satori. I have never grown her out before but the bud structure seems to be more spaced out then what i have seen in pictures.

Alien Dog. Not as big of a stretch as i figured. It isnt more then 7 inches over the top of the screen.

Katsu Bubba, looking good filling up the screen nicely.

Might be able to post pictures tomorrow.

Later.

barth

7-9-10 update

7-9-10 update

Hello all,

All of my visitors have left so i had a chance to shoot some pictures for an update today. :jump: I had to switch to lights on at night. The Satori wasnt taking the high heat very well. It was getting crispy and burnt. The temps have been stable now at 81f with lights on. This is acceptable for my setup.

Mandala Sarori Day 54 flowering
I fed this with a shot of Farm Tiger bloom as it has more N then the Pure Bloom Granual formula. The smell is so spicy and yummy that i find myself sniffing it often.

DNA Chocolope Day 45 flowering
This gal has a VERY chemical smell to it. It is hard to describe. Not alot of chocolate yet but may just grow into it. Looks like it will yield nicely. I also gave this plant a shot of Fox Farm Tiger bloom.

Alien Dog Day 24 flowering
Not alot of smell with this strain yet. very goodbud structure and also looks like a decent yielder. This was given 3.5 oz of Pure Bloom Fert.

Katsu bubba Day 18 flowering
She isn't far enough along to say much about it but she filled the screen nicely and is coming right along. She is my Pure COCO and Pure Grow fert experiment. I have been just watering with plain RO water. She seems to like it so far. I don't see any signs of deficiencies. I let a few tops get away and they will likely be pulleddown a bit to even out the canopy. This was given 3.5 oz of Pure Bloom Fert.

Happy Growing everyone. Hope you enjoy. Later.

barth

gdbud, Its nice to have people stay from out of town but trying to hide the day to day things i have to do for a hobby grow can be hard. It is nice to finally have the freedom to take pictures and water when need and at my own pace again.

AcroPhobic

Looking good Barth. :)

Good to hear you switched light cycle .. summer heat is nasty. I keep my 12/12 light cycle at night 24/7. It's easier to control temps that way.

M

m00nchild

^ Me too... it's the only way I can keep plants safely under the HPS where I live!

barth

Update July 22 2010

Update July 22 2010

A much needed update. I hate this time of year. The temps are hard to control there isnt much change in my cabinet from day to night. Stays at between 78 - 83 most of the time. I have normally take the months June - mid sept but not this year. Thought id give it a try. They seem to be ok but not optimal.

Here are some pictures.

Mandala Satori Day 67

She is just about there. Probably chop around Monday or Tuesday. That will put it at about 72 days. The smell is alot less cat piss and alot more spicy. As you can see from the picture this strain is a bitch to manicure.

DNA Chocolope day 58

YES chocolate smell has finally came in. I bet after a cure it will be great. As you can see i have already started flushing. She will probably go until 65 days.

Alien Dog day 37

Not alot of smell to her. The buds are filling in nicely. This is a very nice short plant. I Found two male flowers on her today. They didnt seem to release any pollen. I checked it over good and there were no more visible male sacks. I hope this is icolated since i changed the time schedule and have had some heat issues. She also got pretty dried out last week.

Katsu Bubba Kush Day 31

This lady is my pure coco experiment. I have just given her plain RO water and use the fert schedule on the back of the PURE Granule fert bag. Seems to be working good as she is filling in nicely and nice and green and lush.

barth

No problem gdbud. I thought they looked a little shabby. I prefer the winter for growing Indoors. I run out of meds when i dont do a summer run.

barth

Chopped the Mandala Satori today. It was day 70. It started pushing out male flowers. I also noticed a few small seeds. Seeds seem to just be on the tips of the buds. Probably caused by heat. I will be looking for light leaks too. Oh well ill dry it out and if it is too bad i'll just make it into bubble hash.

The tops are huge and really heavy..

Here are some pictures after the chop and initial trim. Ill trim the stragglers again after they dry.

There was a alot of fluffy, lower buds too.

barth

7-30-10

7-30-10

Things have been going ok. I cant wait until summer is over and can get back to growing pretty plants. This heat is still killing me. Does anyone know if a problem could arise from the day and night time temps being the same? It is pretty much a steady 80f in the cabinet at all times.

DNA Chocolope Day 66 Flowering.
Smelling more like chocolate now. My wife says it smells like "mildew" however there is no sign of mold or anything. The buds are pretty large and they have foxtails like i have never seen before.

Alien dog Day 45 Flowering
Not alot of smell to this yet. It is full of trichs and is filling out nicely.

Katsu bubba Day 39 Flowering
This lady is very pretty and doing way better then i could have expected. She has a coffee, lemon, chocolate smell. It is in pure coco and i just water with 6.1ph water and use the granular ferts. I have to water twice a week.

Nirvana Master Kush Day 4 Flowering
Not much to say here. She is starting to stretch and fill the screen. This will be my last run with this strain. I had to chop the mother to keep my plant numbers within limits.

On another note i tried some of my Soma Lavender last night. It was fun at first then the next thing i knew i woke up in the lazy boy. This is a night time smoke. I let it go a full 70 days. Cant wait to make some edibles with it. Should be like taking a sleeping pill.:jump:

Thanks for looking. :wave:

AcroPhobic

On another note i tried some of my Soma Lavender last night. It was fun at first then the next thing i knew i woke up in the lazy boy. This is a night time smoke. I let it go a full 70 days. Cant wait to make some edibles with it. Should be like taking a sleeping pill.:jump:Thanks for looking. :wave:
Looking good on updates Barth.

:laughing: 2nd line is all so true .. :laughing: gotta watch out for creepin couchlock.

DevilWeed

Awesome grow Barth! I love the mini-Scrog's!

I'm doing a similar style grow with 2'x4' Scrogs and have a couple Chocolopes going amongst others. It's a great plant, in fact I just did a few rips of some 1 month cured Choc. My pheno doesn't have much of a chocolate taste, more of an "earthy" flavor. Great smooth smoke though and get's me where I want to be!

Got a log running as well, check it out if you get a chance.
Keep up the great work!

Veg-n

Barth,

Thanks for not only the excellent modular scrog grow diary that I happily discovered a couple weeks ago when searching for Super Lemon Haze scrog info, BUT ALSO the link to the “How to remove HPS Orange from your photos” tutorial (that ALSO covered changing my camera’s white balance setting to “tungsten” – sweet!!), BUT THEN ALSO for the link to the “a perfect cure every time” tutorial (my Caliber III just arrived in the mail)!! What great info all of which I’ve been searching for for some time!

I’m currently about 3 weeks into my first mod scrog – a 3 plant 250w HPS organic soil set up (also inspired by VerdantGreen’s work).

Here’re a few pics of my mod scrog, in case you’re interested (made from discarded cat litter buckets, wood from the Home Depot scrap bin, and wire coat hangers all of which fit into a plastic drawer that I also salvaged from the dumpster):

My current Hash Plants and Purple Kush:

And the fem’ed SLH (in blue cup next to a Strawberry Cough) that I just sprouted to use in my next run:

(Hope you don't mind my pics in your thread)

Anyhow, your thread is great, and is now in my “reference” bookmarks section next to VG’s. So don’t quit – some of us are just tuning in!

Peace,
Veg-n