What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

y the fuck do ppl get so "hung-up" about dreadlocks????

hippydan

Um, no it's not. Also, 'tho' is not a word.

Nobody thinks you're cool Mr Grammar Nazi. Having poor spelling and grammar is one thing, having nothing to say is another. It's not like NOKUY's posts are unreadable like some of the trash that floats around the 'net. Grow up. Let's try to keep the thread on topic, shall we? :tiphat:

G

greenmatter

funny, my mom gives me shit about my hair and my spelling ...... chill goes up spine ....

NOKUY

Veteran
dreadlocks-buddism-2.jpg

nycjb

Cant we all just get along? If everyone helped eachother and reserved judgement we would have a much better time together on this rock...When I had long hair people always had something to say...now I look like a skin head and people still have to say something...so you know what? FUCK'M. DO YOU. BE FREE.

maharaji

Since you ask ...

Since you ask ...

Alright, everyone is so busy being (apparently) tolerant that no one gives you a straight answer , so here goes :

1) if you are black ( your avatar is a white cro-magnon dude but your pics in your signature are 3 black dudes...so i don't know ...but i'll get to that...) :
i don't have an opinion , it's a black thing so ...it just looks dirty.

2)if you're white ( and i think you are...) : it's an identity issue sadly ...
it's ridiculous , white people with dreads just want to say" hey look at me and my hair , i don't bath , i'm so in tune with nature and myself and i'd like to be black sooooo much "
Same identity issue with you pics in you sig. :
What are you trying to show ?
You are SOOO tolerant of other races , cool...
Same deal with your hair ....
It means something to some black people because it's a part of their culture ( for some ) or something some can relate to ...
It's not your world white boy ; so if you're from the mountains of Colorado do as when in Rome...

Also , Hippies and dread locks and shit like that have hurt Cannabis so much in its image .

that said , i don't pick on people with dreads so... Cheers.

yep

yep

I've had dreads before. Personally I like them, if you take care of your hair and dreads they won't become a birds nest of dandruff and crap..

dreads attract attention and in the western world you are going to get looks. I mean we are still in that era where straight hair is the custom. Some people claim dreads are dirty, not always true. just because you have dreads does not mean you smoke weed either. so there is a lot to say about the stereotyping attitude we have going on. In the PNW you don't get the looks as bad as other places but it all depends where you are.

Its funny if people really feel that threatened over a hairstyle. Its like the days when grandma would faint at the site of a huge mo hawk. people are scared of the unknown, always have been, always will be??...they probably wonder, what makes one actually grow their hair like that...?? thats not normal they are going against the..rules?? what rules??

in a way it makes them ponder when they don't want to ponder see...so they poke at you and say hey..you stop that...your weirdness is confronting my idea of normality..stop that lol

(particularly I think SOME white people, get upset to see other white people sporting the dreads) <-- it may just threaten that very old Caucasian backwards ass value system or something

hippie and stoner jabber aside, shouldn't we as society, want to strive to break down these boundaries and invisible walls? cause your black you can't straighten your hair? your white so you gotta stay with straight hair?? seems kind of absurd to me...it makes me seriously wonder, if we are hung up on something so small, where does that leave our chances of actually advancing??

this is my conclusion on dreads..I dig them, I'd grow them again but I'd have to be in the right environment..the PNW is perfect imo. People dont seem to trip to hard about it in most places esp the west side ptown oregon eugene. I have since gone low pro, been buzzing it for at least a couple years..I know it sucks but I've learned to love blending in...i like to believe my ideas are more dangerous than my fashion lol....shit I'd dress like the most republican douche(maybe not) possible if I knew it would let me be 007 about doing it big :plant grow::plant grow::plant grow::plant grow:. ;)

I like keeping it chill if ya know what I mean

8860haha.jpg

maharaji

It's paradoxal to some but i think you can be more "yourself" with a low profile look and actually do a lot more in peace...

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Good grammar and correct spelling make things easier to read.
Should I teach my children that grammar and spelling are not important?

How does this have anything to do with Jew and black hating, murderous, genocidal, Nazis?

People that shorten everything to 'ghetto-speak' are just lazy.

The OP states that 'tho' is short for although. But it could be short for though, thought, thousand, thou, etc.

Also, how do you get Lice out of dreadlocks? Oh, right.

NOKUY

Veteran
Alright, everyone is so busy being (apparently) tolerant that no one gives you a straight answer , so here goes :

1) if you are black ( your avatar is a white cro-magnon dude but your pics in your signature are 3 black dudes...so i don't know ...but i'll get to that...) :
i don't have an opinion , it's a black thing so ...it just looks dirty.

2)if you're white ( and i think you are...) : it's an identity issue sadly ...
it's ridiculous , white people with dreads just want to say" hey look at me and my hair , i don't bath , i'm so in tune with nature and myself and i'd like to be black sooooo much "
Same identity issue with you pics in you sig. :
What are you trying to show ?
You are SOOO tolerant of other races , cool...
Same deal with your hair ....
It means something to some black people because it's a part of their culture ( for some ) or something some can relate to ...
It's not your world white boy ; so if you're from the mountains of Colorado do as when in Rome...

Also , Hippies and dread locks and shit like that have hurt Cannabis so much in its image .

that said , i don't pick on people with dreads so... Cheers.

hmmm...your w/ the mis-conception crowd (w/ me anyway).

i like dreads because they somehow make ppl show their prejudices to your face......

dreads are my world, and i am a white boy...im kind of a hillbilly, but not a redneck...

btw...how have dreads "hurt" the cannibus community

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I'm curious as to the damage caused by hippies "and shit like that" as well.

This seems to be a popular thought.

Anyone feel free to enlighten me.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Well there you go.

You can't stand people.

They can't stand your hair.

C'est la vie.

People can't even tolerate each other.

This is the end.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i mean really what is soooo wrong with livin' in the colorado mtns, growin' weed, goin ridin' (bmx and snowboarding), and growin' dreads...and listenin to eminem constantly???

i don't get this fukin' world???

You think that this lifestyle gives inlaws/grandparents a warm glowing feeling about your ability to support and care for their daughter/grandson? I think that you are failing to see their viewpoint as much as they fail to see yours.