What's new

Winter 2020 log

Fitzera

picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

Day 39 of 12/12

Overall - it's funny how much shorter the Sour D x SSH has gotten as it puts weight on
picture.php

Gorilla Zkittlez 1
picture.php

picture.php

Gorilla Zkittlez 2
picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

SB & CHaze look amazing :canabis:

Great work so far.

Thanks! I wish the pictures were as good as what I see in person.

Plants are looking killer bro...!!!...

:tiphat: Very nice work brother, very nice...!!!...

Thank you, thank you!

Top notch. How are you liking them so far

Overall I'm quite happy. I could have cut back more of what will be larf but I need to make more oil and hash so it can stay.
The critical cure never had strong vigor and it shows. It did not like to be topped and took forever to get back to growing. I'm not expecting all that much out of it. But it looks better quality than the first one I've grown, so that's a win.
Royal Gorilla is another that was slow, not much height and if left alone it would have been a messy bush of spindly useless branches. Currently it doesnt smell all that great, not appealing anyway.
Skunk Berry I dont feel is going to yield much, its has pretty large spaces between buds that I just cant see filling in. But I've read so much good about it, i hope it lives up! I can see how Peaks Northern Skunk would be really good and I hope my cross of Skunk Berry and Northern Berry produce something similar in quality.
The cannalope haze are exactly what I'd expect. Both are very very similar with the only difference being one has more frost while the other has substantially larger flowers. Pretty sure they will be the biggest yielders out of the tent.
This Sour D x SSH is an S1 of the beanhoarder strain, but its showing a more narrow leaflet than the mother and I think a better yield and trichome coverage.
The Black Fire Chem is also an S1 of the original, but seems to have less trichome coverage and the smell isnt very strong. Should be good though, will be I teresting to see how it compares to mom.
Catpiss is fading quicker than the rest.. I dont know if it's a nitrogen fade or just how she changes, but it's not as pronounced as it seems in some of the pictures. Excited for this one.
Northern Berry is much more plant than it appears in the pictures. It has alot of secondary branching that actually look like they're part of royal Gorilla, but they're just pushing it into the corner. Should be a good yielder and from the smell, its gonna be yuuuummy.
Finally, the Gorilla Zkittlez have impressed me. I wasnt expecting all that much from Barney but I was hoping for something good. Soo far not disappointed in the least. The taller one is starting to show some purple but it still has more of a funky stank than sweet while the more purple one has a good even split of funk and sweet. I like it.

Last edited:

Fitzera

Cant help myself but constantly be peeking in on them
picture.php

picture.php

On another note, I was holding off on saying this in case it was my imagination. But! I've noticed it 3 or 4 times now...ever since the Catpiss has started developing a piney scent, it seems to be combining with the sweetness in just the right way to make it smell just like bubblegum! Not joking. I have no idea if this will carry on or evolve further, nor if the dried product would carry it...but I sure hope it does! Never experienced that before.

I've come to the realization that I really need to expand if I'm going to have any hope of trying out a fraction of all the seeds I have and will be making. At my current rate I have 15-20 years worth of seed, and who knows how many I'll create....and I still buy more...I have a problem

G

I don't mind leaving some plant material down low as opposed to stunting them from over-pruning.
The sd x SSH sounds interesting.
The Northern Berry I haven't even smelt it but from your reaction it's making me hungry.
Gorilla zkittlez sounds nice as well.

Fitzera

I don't mind leaving some plant material down low as opposed to stunting them from over-pruning.
that, and running a strain for the first time I have no idea what I'm gonna get. Everyday is a new day lol
The sd x SSH sounds interesting.
I'm excited for her, much better this time round! And it has that silvery, small but many trichomes blanket going, leans to the SSH side for sure.
The Northern Berry I haven't even smelt it but from your reaction it's making me hungry.
I think it's starting to lose that soft vanilla touch, but it's still something amazing. Cant wait to see how it cures.
Gorilla zkittlez sounds nice as well.
You know, I bought this strain due to the hype names....even though i knew it was Barney...took a chance.. but fuck me, i think shes by far the best in this run. From the vigor, the ease of growth, size and they take as much light as I can throw at them and asks for more! (The purple one is really close to the blurple led, much more than the northern Berry, yet the northern berry is showing lots of light bleaching) I'm really fond of the smell, cant even describe how its evolving but reminds me of the OG18 I grew. And I always thought the really big fat calyxes I'd see in pictures were due to hydroponics...but I'm getting them for the first time in soil. No complaints here
:dance013:

Fitzera

I ordered myself a trim bin and while I was looking at stuff I ordered a new loupe as well. I find using the pocket microscope is difficult as you need to be perfectly still, whereas the loupe is much easier.

But what's still difficult is capturing macro pictures through the loupe, of moving targets while trying to get past the glare of the lights...that said, heres some shots at day 44!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

Well this update has been a process...many pictures to take, crop, upload, copy and paste...and I hit the back button and lost it all and have to start over. Ugh. But it's worth it. You know why?

Because this update is about to level up! Were on the gold ladies and gents!

Day 46 of flowering

Fed them their last ewc tea this morning. The past week I gave Northern Berry, Skunk Berry and Catpiss an injection of fish emulsion and hydrolyslate as they were yellowing quicker than the rest but too early for my liking. Heavier feeders they are, and they're looking much better and packing some weight on now.

Critical cure didnt get any tea as she will be coming down in a weeks time. Just to water for her. Trichs are starting to have some amber.

I've seen a nanner in one of the Sour D SSH buds, not surprising as the mother of this seed also threw late term nanners. At this stage of the game, I'm not bothered and will let her go till chop. Sugar leaf showed just a couple odd ambers.

Black Fire Chem also has the odd amber on sugar leaves.

Northern Berry is starting to beef up and fill out. She has a lot of light bleaching but I dont care. The peak seeds seem sensitive to the led light, skunk Berry was showing it and still has one little spot but its further away from the blurple. It's got to be the blueberry genetics in both strains.

And the rest? Well, let's just let the pictures do the talking.

Overall
picture.php

Gorilla Zkittlez 1
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: