What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Winter 2020 log

Fitzera

Really nice plants bro...!!!...

Where’s the catpiss from...???...

Thanks brotha!

So my backstory for the catpiss is this:

I was in Vancouver BC going to BCIT at the time in 2003-2004. Made a friend who moved product. Grabbed a few off him on a couple occasions, for myself and to send to my dad. One of the batches I got was labelled catpiss. It came from a location in Maple Ridge. In that batch I found about 7 seeds. At the time I wasnt a grower, had never grown a single plant. When i went back home i grew one in the yard. It was great. Since then I've only ever done it outside and not very well, I didnt know what I was doing.
So I saved the last couple seeds hoping I could do something better in the future. At the start of this grow I only had 2 left so I popped one with the idea that I can reverse it and make more seed to keep this one going.
I'm not sure ill reverse the clone in time to pollinate the mother plant but that's the hope. If not, I'm left with only one seed that I pray will pop so i can make s1s. I'm planning on hitting everything i have with that pollen if i can create it in time.
It grows one main dense cola and thick strong side branches, it looks like a Menorah when flowering. Stem rubs early in veg have a definite afghani type smell, skunky dank. Currently its evolving slightly sweet...someone who hasnt smoked this might not notice the sweetness at this point but I can, i can detect the aroma i remember from the bud.

From here on out its known as "Maple Ridge Catpiss" :tiphat:

Last edited:

Fitzera

As I had hinted I might do, I will be switching my updates to the weekend. Just too much workload right now.

But I'm here, so let's at least get a mini update, right?!

This marks day 1 of the 3rd week of 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

imakandi

wonderful grow
nice mix of led and hps
want do it

pray leaf with short node
look like best mix

thank to share
fitzera
take lucky! :)

Fitzera

Alright, let's get another update in.

Again, I apologize, it's difficult getting good pictures when it is this full.

The stretch has been going strong, the tallest plant right now is Gorilla Zkittlez 1 at 42" from soil. The black fire Chem, sour d x SSH and cannalope haze are all very close but not quite as tall.

Just gave them some ewc tea I started brewing yesterday morning. Help hydrate the top layer and break down some more of the top dress they were given a couple weeks ago.

All in all, they are very happy. I think I've seen maybe 3 leaves that had some spots. Very minimal. A couple tops on the northern skunk and catpiss look like they might have a tiny touch of light stress...but it might just be bud development...just the top center has a very white spot. I'll keep an eye on them. I have been raising the lights often bit by bit, getting close to running out of head room but I've got a little further i could go if need be.

So without further ado,

Overall shot from the front
picture.php

Gorilla Zkittlez 1
picture.php

picture.php

Gorilla Zkittlez 2
picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

Cannalope Haze 2
picture.php

picture.php

And finally, overall from the back as the hps is turned on
picture.php

I'm also planning on doing the first pollination with the Northern Berry and Skunk Berry pollen later today. Just need to get a little paint brush and a gameplan.

Next week things are going to be looking very good, see you then!

Fitzera

Well Dialed:tiphat:
Takes a lot of patience to do a mixed strain grow well and they are BANGIN:woohoo:

Thank you sir! I'd say its luck more than anything. I really dont do anything more than mix the soil, pick some leaves and suckers and mix the odd tea.

I just cant bring myself to monocrop when I have so many strains in the vault to sample. I would get bored quick having the same smoke day after day.
Of course, once i start harvesting seeds i create, I'll need to monocrop to see what's in there and make selections if I want to keep things moving.

But, doing it this way, I'm not giving myself the opportunity to find the best out of a pack. Just a little peak into what might be in there.
The last run I did was a mix of sativas and indica/hybrids...that one was a little more difficult, but again I pretty much let them do what they're going to do..with alot of supercropping lol.
Once things align in my life, ill be expanding my space to allow more exploration.

Thanks for stopping in!

Looks nice and full in there...!!!... very nice looking bro...!!!...

Thank you!

Fitzera

I missed the Royal Gorilla for this last update, so here she is. She has not stretched nearly as much as I expected from looking at other grows on the interwebs. Wants to bush out more than anything, and I feel I took off more branches than I should have...but given the small amount of space she has and the overreach of the plants around her...itll have to do haha

I know it's a bit early to pollinate but I'm eager and plan to do it again next weekend and possibly the following. Only time will tell what I decode to do.

picture.php

picture.php

Also, I did label branches and hit them with pollen last night 4 hours before lights out. Turned off the fan, extraction and turned off the g8 led as its cooling fans blow quite a bit. Tried to keep the heat down as much as I could by running the extraction fan on the cool tube. Just before lights out, I sprayed the pollinated flowers and turned everything back on.

Waiting for lights on to see if any pistils have started to show pollination. Damn time change has my schedule screwed up, and now theres more outside light coming in my space during lights out than I'd like (I know the tent is no longer completely light proof after many runs, I try to keep the space it is in dark) I think I'm going to slowly adjust the lights to come on at 8 rather than 10 by lowering the light cycle 15 or 30 mins per day but keeping the night cycle at 12hrs until lights on happens at 8. Then I'll keep it at 12/12. I dont think that will cause any problems so long as I keep the night cycle at 12hrs.

Last edited:

whitebox

hi Fitz, your grow is really healthy and plants are so happy,
for sure reward will be nice...
Congrats.

Fitzera

No Covid in here!

No Covid in here!

So we are now at day 25 of 12/12!
Resin is showing up, most have stopped stretching, smells are filling the space. It's a beautiful sight.
Gorilla Zkittlez 1 has now hit 47"! Shes a beast. Most of them are beasts. It's really over packed, for the future I will definitely limit my number to 9 max!

Overall from the front and the back
picture.php

picture.php

Gorilla Zkittlez 1
picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

Gorilla Zkittlez 2
picture.php

picture.php

Northern Berry - notice the white tip to the bud, they're all like that. Skunk berry too...I'm leaning towards it's from the blueberry side of things considering those plants showed variegation.
picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts