What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Winter 2020 log

Fitzera

Day 64 Gorilla Zkittlez 1 came down. Tons of resin, tons of stink. Very nice. Leans much more to the glue as far as aroma goes, gz2 is more like grape glue.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

That looks like a very productive plant, how long did you veg them for?whats the pots size?. Asides productive i already told you that Gorilla Zkittlez does look beautiful

Thank you! Everything is in 5 gallon pots with living soil, and vegged about 7-7.5 weeks before the flip.

Fitzera

I know, I'm late with an update...let's just say I've been smoking on this new crop and its had me....pretty scattered actually.lol...but were still kicking! Catpiss and Skunk Berry are still going but are coming to an end very quick.

Everything else has been dried, trimmed and put into curing except for Gorilla Zkittlez 1, she should be ready for dry trim tomorrow.

Heres how we are looking so far:

Cannalope Haze 1
picture.php

Cannalope Haze 2
picture.php

Sour D x SSH
picture.php

Black Fire Chem
picture.php

Northern Berry
picture.php

Fitzera

Gorilla Zkittlez 2
picture.php

Critical Cure
picture.php

Royal Gorilla
picture.php

This was my first time dry trimming and I must say I like it much more than wet trimming. I find it's less handling, less damage, better results. Even with the bags of the fresh frozen trim, Im still ending up with a good amount of dry trim and my trim bin has collected a nice amount of trichs!

I'll update with better pictures, weights and thoughts at a later date.

Fitzera

10 weeks and 1 day, Skunk Berry and Cstpiss have come down.

Skunk Berry is lacking in the yield department and she smells very similar to the Northern Berry but less fragrant overall. Looking forward to sampling her!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

Catpiss has lost its fruity smell and the bubblegum that it had for a short period. The pine has stuck though, which is new as I never found pine before.
Another I'm looking forward to smoking!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's pretty much it. When all is done and trimmed I'll post my final thoughts, weights and pictures.
Less than 2 months from my next run which will be Seedsmans White OG for their comparative, as well as C4DD x SPG and Headbanger x SPG from Panikz at Real Gorilla! Got a few outdoor things in the works too!

nickman

Veteran
Nice man, that cat puss looks like it stacked fairly well...!!!...

The skunk berry not so much...!!!... four nice tops though... ... ...

Fitzera

This has been a long time coming Finish!
Finish dry shots and the result of fresh frozen hash, dry trim hash and trim bin kief.

The weights noted are dry and do not include branches I had marked as pollinated. Not that the whole branch may have been pollinated but I want to keep thwm separate so I don't give away any seeded bud to family/friends. Some plants have as little as 3.5g separated while others have as much as 14-21g. So final weights are light based on that.

As far as seed count goes, I haven't gotten around to harvesting them all yet. I pick them out as I smoke the bud, so it'll take a little time. It seems the Skunk Berry pollen took more often and in a great amount than the Northern Berry did. Same procedure harvesting/drying and using the pollen so not sure what to make of that. Some buds have been packed with seeds while others few to none.

Cannalope Haze 1 - 92g dry
Chunky and super dense...like pgr dense almost. It still has a skunky ichiban type smell and taste. Its strange. Makes me thing msg...msg bud haha.
She has some kick, feels more like an indica than sativa, not too much on the burnout and withing 2-3 hrs I'm straight as an arrow.
picture.php

picture.php

Cannalope Haze 2 - 99g
Not as chunky but just as dense as #1. More skunky (still mild) less ichiban/msg...but I did find a melon type taste on the exhale the last time I visited her. Like #1 she has some kick, more burnout but again 2-3hrs and I'm straight.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Fitzera

Royal Gorilla - 49g
I actually like this one, while I didn't expect to due to being a less vigorous plant. But there is gold in there somewhere.
Burning rubber smell, less so dried but it's still there. It also has a citrus and pepper background. I find it to be more energetic than I expected.
picture.php

picture.php

Northern Berry - 85g
This one has a very nice effect, but its my nighttime go to as its the best for falling asleep out of the bunch. A mild floral aroma. My friend commented on how much he likes this one.
picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

Skunk Berry - 34g lol
She is a low yielder but kept more of the size than I expected. She have a skunky undertone but its faint, floral on top. The high is mild but its clear and there's no comedown. I can see how this makes for a good daytime smoke.
picture.php

picture.php

Black Fire Chem - 69g
Stinky. Not as much in your face stink, but overpowering the area stink before you realize it kind of stink. Energetic high but you're pretty much useless. You're not straight after 3 hours! My friend said his whole neighborhood smells because of it. He has to hide it outside from his wife, and she still asks about the smell multiple times a day!
picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

Sour D x SSh - 68g
She has that ssh aroma with a slight hint of sour, but not much. She's energetic, light on the come down but not very good for functioning.
picture.php

picture.php

Gorilla Zkittlez 1 - 83g
This one, like during the grow, has little for zkittlez and much more gg smell/taste. Strong effect with very nice flavor. Very worth the space growing and will make for some good crosses for sure!
picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

Gorilla Zkittlez 2 - 76g
Lower yield than #1, but she carries more of the zkittlez side in flavor. Its very much like skunky artificial grape flavoring. I like it. Has something else in there that I found in OG18 but I can't put my finger on it. Like her sister, she's strong and enjoyable.
picture.php

picture.php

Catpiss - 57g
Not too crazy in yield, and not like I remember it to be at all for growth! This is the first pheno that is not typical of the lot. I did find some of the fruity sweetness while she was growing that I remember when I bought the weed many moons ago, and on subsequent grows. This one though threw out pine, and I find the pine mixes just right with the fruitiness to make a bubblegum type smell. But it hasn't really carried through. Well see further into the cure. But I find it to be complex in aromas...which is exactly what I was hoping to find..but I was expecting to find that in s1s and s2s. Fruit, skunk, pine and bubblegum...just to name a few I'm finding.
The high is nice, I find it to by like a hybrid, doesn't knock you out or make you useless but its not quite sativa energetic either. All I know is I like this plant alot.
picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

Critical Cure - a measly 27g
Its good smoke. Sometimes its just a nice slight buzz while others it feels like I just smoked regular thc bud. Whats neat though is it smells just like fresh strawberries. Not artificial, not really sweet, like a bowl a fresh cut strawberries with a slight sour to it.
picture.php

picture.php

And here we have the jar of kief I collected from the trim bin, quite a bit! But I did rub the shake on the screen to allow more to come through. I have a little accident and did get some leaf clippings in it. Passed me off but oh well.
Even with rubbing the dry trim on the screen, I still got a ton of bubble hash out of it! Way more than I expected, I had about 1/3 of a freezer bag full.
We also have the results of the fresh frozen hash which was my first time doing. Wow! It appears to be similar in yield as the dry trim but its completely different. I understand now my people have to freeze it and dry plane to dry it properly...this shot is gooey and sticky and amazing. Its like silly putty. Gonna be some amazing smoke!
The 3 piles on top of the parchment is the dry trim, 73, 160, 25. The next row is from the fresh ffrozen. The bottom row is from the dry trim and fresh frozen material mixed together for the next run. A bunch of green came through this one, but I beat the shit out of it.
picture.php

All in all a good result in my books.

Ps my phone did an update and now autocorrect has forgotten all about me so these updates may be full of errors and nonsensical words. Don't care

Fitzera

I just wanted to update on the NorthernBerry...it quickly became my go to smoke for pre sleep. She is potent. Sleep is gaurenteed shortly after smoking. As it cured, it definitely picked up a more blueberry sweetness. Very nice.

Let's fast forward to a couple nights ago. I had cut back my intake quite a bit as I had a piss test for work. Nothing new. I had smoked some of the Royal Gorilla earlier in the evening, and around midnight I rolled myself up some NorthernBerry. Nothing crazy, about the size of a cigarette. Well, and this has never happened to me smoking joints, I started greening out as I was falling asleep. She hit me upside the head like a feight train.

So if you're looking for a heavy, narcotic, sleep inducing smoke...Peaks NorthernBerry should be right up your alley.