What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who make good Blueberry cross today?

CocoNut 420

Has anyone actually had blueberry terps from Dj short, I know he was responsible for the 90s dinafem blueberry which was legendary so its odd that i've read a ton of disappointed reviews about Dj shorts blueberry, namely no bb terps.

Blueberry twist from gorilla seeds I can recommend, everyone I've grown has had bb terps with underlying cat piss.

I've got 2 bb phenos of it atm, one I clone from and one that might replace it growing atm.

I've also got coastal blueberry from strawberry hill seeds, they have a reputation for strong bb terps but I can't comment on them atm.

I can't upload pictures?

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have not grown original Blueberry from DJ Short but I guess some growers have found some of those terps when you see the large number of crosses using his BB as base for their taste.
90's Dinafem? I guess you meant Dutch Passion because Dinafem was not there in the 90's.

I’ve been working on Blueberry for many years, I have encountered blueberry terps, but it is hard to find. Grape is the terp I’ve never found and I’ve grown out popular grapes.

Breeder Steve (Spice of Life) worked with DJ in the early 2000’s (I think Flying Dutchman worked with DJ also but I could be confusing them for another company).

Steve put out the Blue Satellite 2.2 (sweet tooth x djs BB F3) x DJS Blueberry F3) which was made using a DJS blueberry F3 purple dad, I believe F3 is when purple really started to show up in the Blueberry line and Blueberry terps became harder to find. Through a mutual acquaintance I was able to talk about Blue Satellite with Breeder Steve (via online) for like 10 minutes and got the low down on this strain I love and have worked with. I just harvested Exodus Cheese x Blue Sat 2.2 F1’s this week. Have a lot more elite cuts dusted with the 2.2 male.

I hit a BS 2.2 male to an old and tired DJS pre 98 green broadleaf blueberry. Essentially the line is like 88% DJS Blueberry but made up Of 2 different generations . The blue Sat pheno’s are gorgeous purple and orange buds but don’t have the blueberry terps, I found a pheno like the momma, squat, broadleaf, same terps and a knock out indica high with slight purpling, I have used it for my F2 and plan on working to isolate that pheno more.

Happy hunting

Last edited:

CocoNut 420

I have not grown original Blueberry from DJ Short but I guess some growers have found some of those terps when you see the large number of crosses using his BB as base for their taste.
90's Dinafem? I guess you meant Dutch Passion because Dinafem was not there in the 90's.
I must have mentioned that Dutch passion blueberry a hundred times, idk where dinafem came from?

Yeah there's a large number of crosses but more often than not they don't perform blueberry terps.

Last edited:

OleReynard

I've got some older Blue Lotus anxious to try.
MOAB
Vintage bb x muffin bb
Ak47 x Lemms Satty Bb
Goat and monkeys BB ibl
Heritage BB
Blueberry blast of snows
Oh and yeti x bb x GSM this one right here was the blueberriest I've ever tasted even better than djs BB back in 2000 tasted like pez candy

Last edited:

CocoNut 420

Here's my blueberry twist, potential mother.
Screenshot_20240123_142035_Gallery.jpg

Starting wk 5 in the flower tent.

kro-magnon

Veteran
You can look at AK Bean Brains at his Vintage Blueberry or Roit seeds Blue Bonnet (Blueberry jam terp) both have been said to be strong candidates for a hood Blueberry smell people are after
From the different posts in the thread it seems the best sources for real Blueberry terpenes are RIOT Seeds/ Miraculous Meds/ Humboldt Seed Co. I don't have personal experience with their. seeds but I've checked some grow diaries and the growers are generally very happy with their harvests.
When I'll be ready to grow some Blueberry cross I'll try to get some seeds from Miraculous Meds, I'm sure there is some insane plats to be found;

Fortman420

I've got blueberry muffins from humboldt seeds and I swear I'm in a bakery when the oven opens with the smell of these flowers...far stronger than anything i have put my nose to in decades...
Seems you were one of the lucky seed poppers to find exactly what some only hope to find.

Latest posts

Latest posts