What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who make good Blueberry cross today?

kro-magnon

Veteran
I've recently grown some Rocky Melon from Karma Genetics and I found a very nice female who had traits coming from her Colorado FLO ancestor, it had beautifully colored buds, a complex smell, floral, sweet berries and spices and a very nice up beat high with a slow onset and long duration. Despite decades of growing it was in fact my first experience with the FLO/Blueberry family and I have to say it was lovely. I have grown her 3 times but lost the mother sadly, it was the only plant from 6 with those traits so I don't think it's a very common occurence in the Rocky Melon seeds, I might try another pack to see if I can find one similar but I'd like to try other seeds with the FLO/BLUEBERRY genetics. I have no idea what breeder is doing a good job with this genetic today so some advices are welcome.
If you want to grow FLO/Blueberry hybrids where would you buy them?

kro-magnon

Veteran
Thanks for your info guys, I'll check those different options, I can't find any sites with DJ Short seeds in stock that's why I was looking for something else.
Do you know if DJ is still producing seeds ?

goingrey

Thanks for your info guys, I'll check those different options, I can't find any sites with DJ Short seeds in stock that's why I was looking for something else.
Do you know if DJ is still producing seeds ?
Better availability than ever before...

Miraculous Meds

I've recently grown some Rocky Melon from Karma Genetics and I found a very nice female who had traits coming from her Colorado FLO ancestor, it had beautifully colored buds, a complex smell, floral, sweet berries and spices and a very nice up beat high with a slow onset and long duration. Despite decades of growing it was in fact my first experience with the FLO/Blueberry family and I have to say it was lovely. I have grown her 3 times but lost the mother sadly, it was the only plant from 6 with those traits so I don't think it's a very common occurence in the Rocky Melon seeds, I might try another pack to see if I can find one similar but I'd like to try other seeds with the FLO/BLUEBERRY genetics. I have no idea what breeder is doing a good job with this genetic today so some advices are welcome.
If you want to grow FLO/Blueberry hybrids where would you buy them?
I hope you buy them from the original source of course of course. I work with Dj and can point you to the banks that carry his official gear. Lots of new options as well. If you like hybirds well my baby is Blue Star aka Blueberry pie dessert wine. Full flavor to the end of the joint. I wrote this up for my blue star f2 line called grape diesel kush. I aslo made it into s1 called Mayberry.

GRAPE DIESEL KUSH

A 'BLUE STAR F2' Direct line from the blueberry pie dessert wine mother plant.

This project started in 2014 growing out 60 males, and selecting down to 30. Another male room was started, reversing clones of the same 30 males to judge what traits they may pass on in female form to the offspring.

The males were selected down to the top 10 to make test crosses to the control mother plant (DEATH STAR).

All 10 crosses were grown out to judge which parental combinations worked best in offspring testing.

This is where BLUE STAR was born from. BLUE STAR is a F1 of DEATH STAR X WHITAKER BLUES. I often refer to her as 'blueberry pie dessert wine'. Bringing the best traits from blueberry and sour diesel.

Expect lots of options for different flavors from grape, diesel, and kush to most of the parental lines that make up this hybrid. There are excellent blueberry diesel plants, extreme sour, skunk, honey spice, tropical fruit, and blueberry sativa. There's lots of variation in the F2, but the line offers uniformity in harvest windows, medium finishing heights, and dense 'bag appeal' flowers all the way down the plant.

A unique offering that appeals to the connoiseur and commercial market.

Miraculous Meds

Blue Star mother to Mayberry (blue star s1) and Grape Diesel Kush (blue star f2)
20231110_084627.jpg

kro-magnon

Veteran
Blue Star mother to Mayberry (blue star s1) and Grape Diesel Kush (blue star f2)
View attachment 18916723
Hi, thanks for the info, being in Europe I usually order seeds from Attitude who is an official distributor for DJ but there is no stock available at the moment. I've seen some sites based in the US has some but I'm not sure they ship worldwide.
I've seen a thread with your main strains displayed, they looked absolutely stunning, it's not all you need but it's a good start. I have to say I'm very interested in a hybrid of Blueberry and Sour D. But I'll see this in a few months as my next grows are already planned now.

Tynehead Tom

look up the Coastal Blueberry ...... lots of blueberry showing up in those. Ridiculous hardiness for outdoor as well. I've seen some real nice grows the past while though not on this site. The make up is F3 of Fraser Valley Blueberry Hashplant(BC clone) x Dr Atomic Blueberry Northern Lights. I'll be firing some up in the new year.

kro-magnon

Veteran
The Blue bonnet hybrids are pretty insane. I did the OG x and the.....bubba x....here shortly I will be popping some from the white x (all crossed to Blue bonnet, which is dj shorts blueberry, worked to F4 by Lonestar (RIP to a forum legend) of TRC.
Is it Lonestar who made the Appalachia as well?
I've grown a few hybrids from Bodhi seeds made with an Appalachia male, they were all of very high quality with multiple keepers in each small pack of seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts