What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is Colombian Gold 🟡 to you?

funkyhorse

CG72 bud JGL repro from creeplecrow seeds. It lacks tropical qualities, after 5 months cure starts degrading
Cg72 fem 3 (11).jpeg

Progeny CG72 of JGL repro. Clear inbreeding depression. Both plants have grown at the same environment same place. Progeny lacks vigour and high is washed down
Cg72 purple f2 (7).jpeg

Colombian Black Bastard from Gage Green genetics. It doesnt have any high. I call this escarole. It is a beautiful lettuce and hits as much as lettuce
Cbb (8).jpeg
Cbb (10).jpeg

Mangobiche from The Landrace Team. I still have all jars full after 7 months cure. My neighbours like it. It has no high, it has nice taste and very little munchies. Tobacco has no munchies. Tobacco is better. Llanera from this seedbank is hybridized and a phenotype carnival. If you get anything decent is pure luck
Mangobiche tlt 2 (1).jpeg

Mangobiche from Cannabiogen. All jars full as well. My neighbour favourite weed. It has no high, nice taste and no munchies, certainly better than tobacco. Very long flowering strain, it can go from equinox to equinox
Mangobiche cbg 2 (9).jpeg

The answer was given by the breeder himself, I can only speculate about his motivations.
Beautiful GKN, is really sexy one with plenty of trichs ;)

Well, dont like talk about that much but CBG finally decided not to share any pure line anymore. Am really so sorry. A few win, most lose I guess.
Best

This is what I am seeing. They might have released pure line names but weed is totally washed down and this was made on purpose, JGL same thing.

I certainly can differentiate between passionate private boutique breeders doing their best in very difficult environments against commercial breeders with resources behaving like little Monsantos
This post from Kaiki is before the releases of Mangobiche, PR and CG72. I am sure the seed creeplecrow sent is much better quality than the commercial release.

Southamerican weed is creeper high weed, you toke and start feeling it after some minutes and go higher from there. There is better creeper high weed and worse, but southamerican original weed has this distinctive high
Whatever has been released under the tag colombian commercially is not creeper weed.

TheDarkStorm

CG72 bud JGL repro from creeplecrow seeds. It lacks tropical qualities, after 5 months cure starts degrading
View attachment 18819372
Progeny CG72 of JGL repro. Clear inbreeding depression. Both plants have grown at the same environment same place. Progeny lacks vigour and high is washed down
View attachment 18819373
Colombian Black Bastard from Gage Green genetics. It doesnt have any high. I call this escarole. It is a beautiful lettuce and hits as much as lettuce
View attachment 18819370 View attachment 18819371
Mangobiche from The Landrace Team. I still have all jars full after 7 months cure. My neighbours like it. It has no high, it has nice taste and very little munchies. Tobacco has no munchies. Tobacco is better. Llanera from this seedbank is hybridized and a phenotype carnival. If you get anything decent is pure luck
View attachment 18819375
Mangobiche from Cannabiogen. All jars full as well. My neighbour favourite weed. It has no high, nice taste and no munchies, certainly better than tobacco. Very long flowering strain, it can go from equinox to equinox
View attachment 18819374
The answer was given by the breeder himself, I can only speculate about his motivations.

This is what I am seeing. They might have released pure line names but weed is totally washed down and this was made on purpose, JGL same thing.

I certainly can differentiate between passionate private boutique breeders doing their best in very difficult environments against commercial breeders with resources behaving like little Monsantos
This post from Kaiki is before the releases of Mangobiche, PR and CG72. I am sure the seed creeplecrow sent is much better quality than the commercial release.

Southamerican weed is creeper high weed, you toke and start feeling it after some minutes and go higher from there. There is better creeper high weed and worse, but southamerican original weed has this distinctive high
Whatever has been released under the tag colombian commercially is not creeper weed.
There are a few pure landraces out there......sometimes thing with landraces is the seeds haven't been developed for one to be able to find high quality and extreme potency in small numbers of seeds (and some of those that once were good on that level probably haven't been maintained).....in the field all the plants just get squashed together and bricked up...so there is a mean average grade thats worked on across the board.....most seed co's who are trying to preserve landraces now try to just preserve as much of the phenotypes and plant genetics as possible regardless of if some plants are crap, mediocre, average...or the small percentage that will be elite......it takes alot of work to go through a number of plants to find parents that can pass on certain traits such as high potency consistently...especially when you are trying to get the very best possible that can be put out by the particular genetics even if small numbers of seed are grown out. Not many breeders even have the time, space, method and knowledge to even hit those levels....if your looking for high quality and potency in small numbers of seeds from old school sativas your probably better off looking for heirloom types were the breeder has put in the work .....probably better off finding stuff were 1-1 breeding has been done by a breeder who has gone to the trouble of progeny testing many plants.

The cannabiogen mango biche had some good reports...many from reputable people....yes it was a hybrid containing afew types from different areas I believe...but it was know as one of their best landrace based lines quality wise. Perhaps try a few more plants or try again once the clones are older....maybe different grow methods....how many hours of direct sunlight do you get ?......I used to grow in a greenhouse but although lit for many hours the direct sunlight on the actual plants was only about 4 hours and they wasnt very potent but would still yield big... I tried them out of the greenhouse and would move them about abit so they would get 6-8hrs direct light.....dont know if them not being under my glass helped them too but there was a big difference. I found quality even better when I started manually moving them into a completely dark room for their night hours....hopefully you can find something you like somewere soon...good luck.

IndicaFarmer

I know off topic, but speaking of time magazine, I guess in the thirties, they had a chicken that had its head cutoff that survived for 18 months on the cover. There's a whole doc on youtube about it. "Miracle Mike," he was called. I guess he could walk around, right himself and the owner, fed him through his trachea hole, until one day it got stuck with a corn kernel and died. No shitting. Oh and regarding Columbian Cannabis origins, I had always thought that it was mostly Equitorial or tropical thin Leafs like Indian varieties grown for the medicinal extract market. "Indian Hemp or Cannabis Indica", is actually the thin leafed variety of Indica from India or so I am told. Then that i assume mixed with maybe Thai and or something else that withstands the wet, steamy and unforgiving lowland, swamp heat. But yeah, using Time Magazine as a source for history on Cannabis origins in South America is pretty self explanatory bunk. a lot of old guys calling themselves authorities on this kind of thing. Peace Lugo, keep the photos coming if you would. I dig seeing your varieties as I have never grown them myself.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That chicken story had me a bit worried. I behave like that quite a bit so.

Thanks funky for all the info, not sure if you are experiencing tolerance burnout or the strains just lack effects. I had feelings similar on a few Indian lines after smoking regular for a bit. Nothing really hit hard or lasted longer than 30 minutes or so, but at one time it did.

As far as inbreeding, I wonder if mixing two inbred lines could revive them? Single out phenos that you want from the mix?

OldCoolSativa

But yeah, using Time Magazine as a source for history on Cannabis origins in South America is pretty self explanatory bunk. a lot of old guys calling themselves authorities on this kind of thing.
I brought up the Time Magazine article. Have you read it? It’s nothing like a history of cannabis in Colombia, it’s a story on marijuana production in Colombia in 1977.

I’m old enough to have smoked Colombian gold as well as other Colombian and Mexican landraces back to 1974. I certainly don’t consider myself an authority, but I freely share my memories and experiences.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran

Brazilian Seed Co. Colombian Gold​

Logo Brazilian Seed Company Brazilian Seed Company Colombian Gold
Colombian Gold were found by a very close friend of mine when he was on honeymoon in Costa Rica, when just I was about to quit looking for it he came from honeymoon happier than expected, he told me that Colombian Gold came sealed on vacuum package and had a deep exotic smell.

100% sativa with exotic taste of mint. Takes 6 months to finalize but worth because her power of seduction is very big. Her buds turn golden when dried properly, lots of aroma and a stable medicinal effect. She grows as a main stem with few side branches, finalizing with a main and huge cola.

Very easy to grow indoors, needing only to look for mold because she produces nice big long rounded buds. She grows as a main stem and few side branches. Doesnt strecht as many as the others.

Heigh: 2mts.
Flowering: 9 to 10 weeks
Yield: 450grms

Brazilian Seed Co. Santa Marta Colombian​

Logo Brazilian Seed Company Brazilian Seed Company Santa Marta Colombian

Santa Marta Colombian , we have had this strain since the early 80’s late 70’s been growing it over 20yrs .. heavy frankie incense , dank fruit loop cereal smells to her , a pure classic from the 80’s very long flowering time , a definite producer, takes a real experience grower to bring out the best from this line

The line "'72" released by USC was Rahan's and friend's work from Luiz's BSC ;)

A friend just finished a reproduction of BSC Colombian gold. This was from seeds I produced, the third generation since Luiz sent them. The friend continued the selection for non hermie traits and camphra smell. I did not have the ratios for this generation but I know the smoke is still damnly potent.

And the same with USC Coljam, from Rahan's work again!

Not surprising that the Vibes Collective collapsed then! :bandit:

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Not surprising that the Vibes Collective collapsed then! :bandit:
Indeed sad but true that Quite a few and one huge Seedbank built their foundations via friends from Vibes; if only they’d share the provenance credit where it’s due… says a lot in my book and would cost little but for a tiny hit to pride & ego, thus I steer clear…But once the fairytale monsters are built up, well you’re hedged in deep to the tales…

Peace

Hashislife

Anybody out there have personal experience with it? The older the better!
I have grow one time in Spanish outdoor the colombian gold. And I have live a time in Colombia. It's very strong, mine Colombian or the local Colombian are the most potent sativa who I have smoke. (2018-2019). It's subjective but I don't like nothing in the flavor. Other local Colombian Who I have smoke are cripi (creepy?) It's a stabilized local skunk x every local male. It's more strong, for example I can smoke a 1gr joint of haze or og Kush in 15-30min but was impossible smoke a full cripi joint in a day. I have smoke some other weed's here, compressed very regular or a reddish pink weed( I don't think Who is punto rojo, very hard bud for a sativa). The price was very low in the rural part of cali(30000 pesos 8€, 125g of cripi) in Bogota it's other price but it's low too for a occidental, not for the colombian (5000pesos gram/ ~1€) for good indoor weed (I don't know the variety)

IndicaFarmer

I brought up the Time Magazine article. Have you read it? It’s nothing like a history of cannabis in Colombia, it’s a story on marijuana production in Colombia in 1977.

I’m old enough to have smoked Colombian gold as well as other Colombian and Mexican landraces back to 1974. I certainly don’t consider myself an authority, but I freely share my memories and experiences.
no have not read, but id be interested to see it. in general i do tend to find mass media info on cannabis to be quite lacking in info of any use, but its cool to see the old photos, or old text in general regarding cannabis. but yeah, i was only poking fun with the chicken thing.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
;) Austronesian's chickens move across Pacific Ocean ya!

Research shows that, contrary to what many thought until now, chickens would have arrived in America by the Polynesians, and not by the Europeans.

A poultry story may well become the new hot controversy in the scientific world.

While most researchers agree that chickens arrived in America with the first Spanish or Portuguese explorers around 1500, new analyzes have shown that they were introduced by Polynesians.

When Juan Pizarro arrived in the Inca Empire in 1532, he discovered that chickens were already being raised by local people.

This observation therefore raised the hypothesis that the bird would have been introduced much earlier.

The proof is now established, according to a team from the University of Auckland, New Zealand, which discovered chicken bones of Polynesian origin in Chile.

Carbon dating of the bones found in the Arauco Peninsula indicates that they would have been present on the west coast of South America between 1321 and 1407.

DNA analysis of some bones showed them to be identical to ancient chicken bones found in Tonga and Samoa.

Chickens have been in the Pacific region for at least 3000 years, with an eastward migration as Polynesians inhabited the islands.

The chickens found show genetic similarities to Auracana chicken from South America and other varieties from Hawaii and Southeast Asia, the study said.

Full results are published in Annals of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States (PNAS).

Last edited:

Hashislife

I was forgiven, for helping a potential travler to Colombia:
Colombia it's a very beautiful country with so much good people. I have live month in very popular street of Cali, and no problem. Just, if you travel here, you have to now some things for a good trip.
First and the most important, don't smoke in the street (in big city center you can If you hide it a little) because Colombia it's the contrary of the world with the weed, it's almost legal, in law you can have 25g with you, you can cultivate in your house... But the local people hate that,
they will have no embarrassment to create a scandal if they see you smoking a joint, sometimes even for tobacco.

Second, if you want the best weed better go to rural towns, but you need to go with a good local friend or a fixer, or you can have some problem like ENL passage or steel by pandillas.

3- the law protect you for the weed, but the police can be corrupted. They can add more, or add cocaine. Beware of that, better not having more a preroll with you in the street.

4- live with a Colombian hours. They wake up when the sun wake too 6am and go to house for 6pm when the sun down. Because it's very dangerous the night (Cali it's 18murder day). You can go out the night but better call a taxi, and verify the number of the taxi (it's very important, every Colombian go to tell the same).
But don't worry, the majority of the people have a big heart, if you have some trouble they're happy to help you. They are very generous with the other people (If a Colombian help you, be nice and give he something in change, almost are very poor with low of 100€ per month)

IndicaFarmer

Wow. Way too much BS, lies and general disinformation for me.

You can always tell when someone is BS'ing when they talk, talk, dates, references of all types of useless factoids but can't produce a single flower/plant pic.

My apologies to the real OGs.

A few of the guys need their crayons sharpened

😆

All in good fun don't cry please!
Hey Lugo, is this pic of original haze? Nevilles? looks really tropical/lanky. Fluffy fire.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran

Have a link to that article you could share by any chance?

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Indeed sad but true that Quite a few and one huge Seedbank built their foundations via friends from Vibes; if only they’d share the provenance credit where it’s due… says a lot in my book and would cost little but for a tiny hit to pride & ego, thus I steer clear…But once the fairytale monsters are built up, well you’re hedged in deep to the tales…

Peace

Id like to do an article this Summer on Vibes Co and their contribution to preservation
Hit me up if any of you guys wanna chat, help me with a timeline.