What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is Colombian Gold 🟡 to you?

Lugo

Veteran
Anybody out there have personal experience with it? The older the better!

Attachments

• received_865808947834267.jpeg
    received_865808947834267.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 207

funkyhorse

Anybody out there have personal experience with it? The older the better!
Hola Lugo
Besides having the experience of colombian kids calling their cripi buds colombian gold, this is a thread about a strain called Colombian Gold 72 from Underground Seeds Co. The seeds were obtained around 2010 coming from an american grower probably California and the strain was made in France

Is your Colombian Gold any similar looking to this CG72 from USC?
Note the thread name is Columbian and you will probably find a lot more info if you type the name of a movie company from Hollywood called Columbia on a search engine

Lugo

Veteran
Hola Lugo
Besides having the experience of colombian kids calling their cripi buds colombian gold, this is a thread about a strain called Colombian Gold 72 from Underground Seeds Co. The seeds were obtained around 2010 coming from an american grower probably California and the strain was made in France

Is your Colombian Gold any similar looking to this CG72 from USC?
Note the thread name is Columbian and you will probably find a lot more info if you type the name of a movie company from Hollywood called Columbia on a search engine

Lugo

Veteran
Yeah thats why I always recommend spelling Colombia correctly 😆 otherwise you'll end up at 1 of the 29 'Columbias' in the US!

I'll definetely check it out! Thank you for the input!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230308-081048_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230308-081048_Google.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 63

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will agree with funky on USC Colombian Gold being a good choice. It is clear that it is a old line by the looks and effects of it. No chunky buds to be found. No crash or sedation in the high.

All Colombian was not 'Colombian' even during the later 70's. Indica made it's way into some of the exports from a lot of the countries. There were still pure sativa lines coming out then, but I mean that some of it was not.

Lugo

Veteran
I will agree with funky on USC Colombian Gold being a good choice. It is clear that it is a old line by the looks and effects of it. No chunky buds to be found. No crash or sedation in the high.

All Colombian was not 'Colombian' even during the later 70's. Indica made it's way into some of the exports from a lot of the countries. There were still pure sativa lines coming out then, but I mean that some of it was not.
Thats funny, no offense but i'd like to see how on Earth anybody can prove that theory.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I have no proof as such. I did see more dense type buds and sedating effects in general as time went on. Lots of people did. The Colombian Red I had in '78 was about like what modern strains are like. Fairly dense buds with a good amount of sedation.

Colombian took off around 1975 as being the pot of choice and widely available. Prior to that is was rare and not so commercialized. Also selection for heavier yielding plants and shorter flowering times was something being done I am sure.

Lugo

Veteran
Well I have no proof as such. I did see more dense type buds and sedating effects in general as time went on. Lots of people did. The Colombian Red I had in '78 was about like what modern strains are like. Fairly dense buds with a good amount of sedation.

Colombian took off around 1975 as being the pot of choice and widely available. Prior to that is was rare and not so commercialized. Also selection for heavier yielding plants and shorter flowering times was something being done I am sure.
Thats surely possible in some way but I thought we were talking about an 'Indica' influence within the genetic.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was talking about crossing the original line to indica, but also selection of plants for 'indica' type phenos. I read a book by a pot smuggler importing Jamaican weed. He got hold of indica seeds early seventies and got the growers there to mix it with the sativa they were growing.

The growers were thrilled to boost thc and shorten the flowering time with added weight to the buds.

goingrey

No personal experience but the other day I saw people talking about this picture being similar to what the Gold looked liked when it eventually got to the States....

I must say the imagine in my mind created by stories of old timers was quite a bit more delectable looking. But hey don't judge a book by its cover. Even today my worst looking jar is the best one. Ok maybe the second worst looking one.

zaprjaques

Had a handful of that Columbian Gold 72 a while back, it was pretty old though, looking almost like in the high times pic of Colombian Gold, a tad chunkier. The taste and smell were really awesome, incensey woody livery with a slight touch of sour/lemon earl grey bergamot. The aroma stayed in the room for long and would get in your couch so if you sit down on it the next day it would emit a small whiff of yesterdays smoke.
The high was lovely but too dreamy for wake and bake or work though.

GreenAndFast

I was talking about crossing the original line to indica, but also selection of plants for 'indica' type phenos. I read a book by a pot smuggler importing Jamaican weed. He got hold of indica seeds early seventies and got the growers there to mix it with the sativa they were growing.

The growers were thrilled to boost thc and shorten the flowering time with added weight to the buds.
Hey man what's the book called if you don't mind? Sounds interesting.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Ya know pure old NLD variation is Black/Red/Gold/Green, old Colombian is good example!

Btw USC Colombian Gold is from the Vibes Collective but i don't remember from who precisely, Kanza? Luiz BSC? like Kaiki's Punta Roja and few others...

Last edited:

zaprjaques

Sounds more like a hybrid. The old Colombian was a typical Sativa. Energetic, mentally creative. Everybody smoked and went to work. Better than a cup of coffee.
Sounds more like something i'd like.
The herb was pretty old, around 3 years in the jar, might have something to do with the effect. Little stoney but still very enjoyable, i wish i still had some, pretty potent too.