What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are the top must have clone only strains?

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
There are so many new nice cuts around. The list could literally be in the 100's of names. I stopped chasing cuts in favor of popping seeds. With the genetics scene the way it is, and everyone and their brother making seeds. It's not really hard at all to find plants that check all the boxes. Deciding which ones to keep is another thing, lol.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Seeds that cost a lot or are hyped up in no way means their gonna be killers in them. A $50 pack of seeds is just as good as a $300 pack IME.

how true .... the best weed we ever grew was 15/20yrs ago, a buck (maybe 2 bucks) a seed from nirvana of their knockoff of jackherer called jock horror... it was ass-kickin... but being old and stupid, didn't take a cutting and despite going thru 2 1/2 packs of jock, and we even bought a pack of jack herer, never found that special lady again... still have the 1/2 pack of jock from 15years ago - we did sow '2' seeds last year, and that special lady evaded us once again...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
IMO the best things to happen in weed happened in the 90’s and early 00’s. And there’s plenty of cuts from them still floating around.

OG
Chems
sour
haze
Cookie

if ya have all 5 ur golden.

i dunno - late 60's/early 70's we smoked some excellent weed.... some from thailand , some from colombia, mexico, and lets not 4get Jamaica.... was it better then todays supposely stronger weed - i think it was , but the bong was passed many times in the last 50years... so all is fuzzy...

TPFTFW

Veteran
i dunno - late 60's/early 70's we smoked some excellent weed.... some from thailand , some from colombia, mexico, and lets not 4get Jamaica.... was it better then todays supposely stronger weed - i think it was , but the bong was passed many times in the last 50years... so all is fuzzy...
I was talking strictly must have clone onlys

I have a massive collection of seeds from the 70’s-80’s-90’
majority much older then myself.
Ill have to start a thread about that some time

But I think the 90’s/00’s was almost a renaissance period for cannabis genetics personally. idk if that’s the right way to put it

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
how true .... the best weed we ever grew was 15/20yrs ago, a buck (maybe 2 bucks) a seed from nirvana of their knockoff of jackherer called jock horror... it was ass-kickin... but being old and stupid, didn't take a cutting and despite going thru 2 1/2 packs of jock, and we even bought a pack of jack herer, never found that special lady again... still have the 1/2 pack of jock from 15years ago - we did sow '2' seeds last year, and that special lady evaded us once again...
Jock Horror! Always saw it and wanted to get it

RobertFripp

Skelly Hashplant. Also known as Puck
Cuddlefish Hashplant. Skelly sister
Pacific Northwest Hashplant. Mother of Skelly, and Cuddlefish
Nevils Haze
Chem91skva
Colorado Cough
Pre 2000 AK47
Pre2000 NL5
Pre2000 Kali Mist
Pre2000 NL5 X Haze
Pre2000 Super Silver Haxe
Pre2000 White Russian
Pre2000 Nevils Hashplant/Skunk1 MALE.. Only person Ive seen have that one is Dominion Seed Company.
Pre2000 Afghan#1
Willie Nelson
A5 Haze
VA Afghani
Pre2000 Mr Nice
Pre2000 Sensi Hashplant
The One
Blue Orca
Pre2000 Black Domina
Lebanese Hashplant
Triangle Kush
UK Cheese

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
the 1s i have

exodus cheese uk clone only
sheffield blues uk ckone only
amnesia core cut clone only

these are 80s early 90s clones smoked the vast majority of the others ...

only 1 i miss is the uk psycosis cut...

says alot about 80s/ 90s weed compared to todays offerings 👌🙏👍

TPFTFW

Veteran
1980-1985
Iowa
0A136D5C-B6B8-491A-A40B-84242093BC1D.jpeg

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You will have to elaborate on that some time.^^ I guess using agar and sterile type transfer? I have a few tubes of agar but have not yet tried that method. Should have with the Ugandan seeds, as 0 of 20 popped.

TPFTFW

Veteran
You will have to elaborate on that some time.^^ I guess using agar and sterile type transfer? I have a few tubes of agar but have not yet tried that method. Should have with the Ugandan seeds, as 0 of 20 popped.
As long as you have a flow hood or know how to make a still air box and have grown mush before you’ll be golden. as far as sterile germination teks. Embryonic rescue is much more involved.

Latest posts

Latest posts