What's new

What are the top must have clone only strains?

goingrey

Runtz wasnt really bad. Just didnt love up to the hype, though, not much does.

Also, i didnt mean to imply that popesicle is a runtz clone. I dont even think they share similar genetics, only that its what it reminded me of. Autos aint so bad any more. They will never yield as much as photos but they have their place
Fair enough

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
White Runtz is also clone only, i can say more about it next year if testing it self

arpenaz

Hello,
I lost last summer the majority of my plants including some elite clones that you talk about in this topic.
Can we talk about recovery of these clones here?

William76

No I don't think so,I think it's just to see what opinions are on the latest clone onlys,would be great if u could source cuts here but its against tou,76

midwest

Interesting topic

When I think of the phrase clone only I think of something that can't be replicated without getting a specific clone. And it seems that concept has become outdated.

Most of these "clone only" strains have lots of different versions, selfed offshoots, bx's and so forth. And I'm not aware that one version of OG or Cookies is really standout over the rest. I can get a SD flavor from seeds. I don't really NEED the original clone for that flavor. And which is the original anyway...lol

Clone only is the result of hoarding, which thanks to the internet has become pretty rare. I actually can't think of any truly hoarded strains anymore

Trinity is the only one that really comes to mind to me at the moment. Super stinky 2000's era clone. Haven't seen anything replicate that flavor. Heard of crosses back in the day, but never saw any, not that had the smell anyway. As far as I know everything that was trinity came from one specific clone.
And I doubt that clone still exists. I know some are floating around being called trinity but nobody ever touts the smell of them, so they aren't likely real.
So that's clone only...a strain you can't smoke anymore.

beta

Veteran
Interesting topic

When I think of the phrase clone only I think of something that can't be replicated without getting a specific clone. And it seems that concept has become outdated.

Most of these "clone only" strains have lots of different versions, selfed offshoots, bx's and so forth. And I'm not aware that one version of OG or Cookies is really standout over the rest. I can get a SD flavor from seeds. I don't really NEED the original clone for that flavor. And which is the original anyway...lol

Clone only is the result of hoarding, which thanks to the internet has become pretty rare. I actually can't think of any truly hoarded strains anymore

Trinity is the only one that really comes to mind to me at the moment. Super stinky 2000's era clone. Haven't seen anything replicate that flavor. Heard of crosses back in the day, but never saw any, not that had the smell anyway. As far as I know everything that was trinity came from one specific clone.
And I doubt that clone still exists. I know some are floating around being called trinity but nobody ever touts the smell of them, so they aren't likely real.
So that's clone only...a strain you can't smoke anymore.
Diesel is notorious for not outcrossing well, I am not aware of a Diesel in seed form that reliably gives you both the terps and effects that Diesel is known for.

midwest

Well I've never grown whatever version of the diesel/chem family you're referring to and I'm sure it has its own unique quality to it but gassy bud is pretty easy to come by where I am. It's kind of flooded the market.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Well I've never grown whatever version of the diesel/chem family you're referring to and I'm sure it has its own unique quality to it but gassy bud is pretty easy to come by where I am. It's kind of flooded the market.
ahhhh...but.... if u don't have the 'joe' cut, or the 'jim' cut.... u haven't experienced diesel... all these 'elite' cuts are unique, and u can grow out 1000's of seeds and u will never find it... i call out BULLSHIT when i see it... and maybe...just maybe... someone out there found a seed thats "BETTER then these touted cuts...

goingrey

Better or worse that's an opinion but to get a certain profile reliably from seed (true breeding) will take multiple generations of breeding with big selections. Lots of work, time, money... And once done anyone can just knock off your seeds so it will have to be done for the love not the profit. But love don't pay the bills.

If you find a nice plant by chance or with a one go big selection... jobs a good 'un.

Hence clone only varieties...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
in today’s marketplace…..if lucky enough to find a keeper……

keep it ……..share hyb seed all day long……..
in 20years of growing, only once did we find what we considered an 'elite' ... only once... found lots of good weed.... but who wants good.... n the elite we found came from a buck, maybe 2buck seed from nirvana... so u never know where u will find one..

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
nice seeing ya azad……
on my 47th season outdoors and found more than a few worthy of clone status……..but always passed on to those who showed interest as enjoyed time away from once season finished……
ganj on….

NEED 4 SEED

in 20years of growing, only once did we find what we considered an 'elite' ... only once... found lots of good weed.... but who wants good.... n the elite we found came from a buck, maybe 2buck seed from nirvana... so u never know where u will find one..
Well maybe then you might be looking in the wrong places. I know it can take long before something elite pops up but I had elite plants in the first two years of my second try at growing. It's just that I wasn't able to keep them back then. After that still some elite keepers emerge pretty regularily. Not every year but maybe every second or third year and those plants are being kept.

NEED 4 SEED

No I don't think so,I think it's just to see what opinions are on the latest clone onlys,would be great if u could source cuts here but its against tou,76
Sad but true. Imo they should place their servers in another country and let us freely trade our stuff. Imagine what a nice place this could become following the seedbay letdown.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Well maybe then you might be looking in the wrong places. I know it can take long before something elite pops up
well , the list is long of the breeders i have bought from.... rez (don't bitch slap me please) prob a dozen diff seeds, a couple from serious, and from mandala and from mr nice, hybrids from hell, verdant green, sensi , 1/2 dozen from ace (pure sativa's??? .... i think there is some indica from somewhere down the line), a few from karma, and sammy ...and i must be missing a few...

only a buck or two seed from nirvana's jock horror gave us what i would consider an elite- n the fools we are , didn't take a cutting, and after going thru over two packs (still have 1/2pack) never found that lady again... even bought a pack of jack herer, and still nothing...

in the past every time the newest and greatest breeder of all time made their appearance , we'd buy a pack or so... only to be disappointed....

but if u have that special breeder, point me in their direction... peace

El Pollo Diablo

Veteran
GG4 is my favorite smoke and always will be but I'm also looking for some new clones. Some friends are running Kush Mints atm and really enjoying it. Will give it a try next run. Looks like a heavy yielder

GMO and Mac1 are also on my list because both should be strong enough for me. If your people are used to GG you can't come up next with something like Zkittlez. That shit's too weak imo...