What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are the top must have clone only strains?

Jeezy

I like amnesia haze . blueberry is good and chemdawg . my personal favorite is dj shorts original blueberry circa 2006 from gypsy . paid over 150$ for them.worth every cent. If someone on ic made an amnesia haze x blueberry it would be all i would smoke.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Gone are the days of true 1 hitters.... everything today is good/great but not next level.... The drug effect of todays "ELITES" is weak sauce

All the seeds Ive bought over the last few years have been mega MEH .... Id take the 2000/2001 Mr Nice Super Silver Haze over any Elite cut today... Id get a ticket like no other for it too.... airy nugs and all.... Roadkill Skunk Elite flavor and out of this world potency .... I could get 4k for a unit for it in todays market rather than 17-2 atm ... its just that much better than everything else ...of course Ive never seen that pheno pop up ever again.... all runs of MR Nice Seeds since then produced Jack like SSH terps... Huge PASS for me

Jeezy

Just look at gg#4 created by an ic member. Now its all over the place.plus u got copy cats, fakes etc. People profiting off of someone elses work. If he was to hoard the cutting i probally would have never experianced that strain. A clone only my friend recommends is the cherry pheno of ak47.

Happy Times

It’s hype .. and seed makers who use crosses with it should be ashamed of themselves riding that hype train..Continually milking it for all it’s worth..blah blah blah ….case in point …here’s Platinum Kush Breath …from a recent seed pack … it’s better than any elite clone I’ve ran and I’ve been growing for 25 years.. Except possibly for Mac number one (capulator cut) which does live up to the hype…the PKB yields better though

high praise there on the PKB! Mind if I ask what breeder made the beans?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quality is always in the eye of the beholder. What you like someone else will not. That's OK. I'll never make fun of what someone else likes. Grow lots of seeds, you will find something you like. There are many I like, all good weed. Im after exceptional weed.. Someone's keeper shouldn't be labeled an elite. No clue who started calling them that.

Principante8

That is pretty much the question. Have been growing GG4 for quite awhile and looking for something else, or a few others. Should be a heavy producer (grams per watt) for indoor tent grows, and mold disease resistant is a big plus. Will be grown in coco.

I don't know if you're anywhere near southern California but I have ordered from the Clone Conservatory and had great results. I asked for their list of top high yielding varieties that finish in 9 weeks or less and they sent me a list. They have five or six locations within two hours of me I'm in Orange County) and they sent me a list from the four locations I asked about. It looks like each location carries their own strain list and some are in stock and some not. Some locations want you to buy 50 -100 minimum but some you can but just a few. They basically meet you in a parking lot somewhere near their nursery which some people might think is shady but it didn't bother me since I've been growing since the 90's when everything was still illegal.
​​​​​​
The two locations I purchased from and two of the other spots had GG4 on the list but didn't include it on the high yielding varieties list. I bought 200 of various varieties and ran 12kw with good results. Of course some of their supposed nine week strains took ten but the quality was great. Some of the things on the list of top commercial strains LA: kush mints, diesel og Orange County: banananium, ice cream cake, vanilla frost, Apple fritter, mimosa. The other locations near me want you to buy minimum amounts.

I only grew a few plants of ice cream cake on my last run and it was amazing. I ordered enough for two lights this time so I'll find out how the yield is in a couple months. The structure is really good for sure. I haven't grown the others on their list. I did grow -blackwater og which was fantastic (10 weeks but they say 9),
-pie Face ( definitely true 9 weekers, high yield, two hours to trim a pound was fastest in history for me. Creeper so some people are put off but I enjoy it.),
-Mendo breath (good yield, like a way better stinkier, stronger, bigger yielding gsc. Great aroma)
-Blue zkittles (67 days, like an indica blue dream. Improvement on BD I think. Stays short for being in that family. Probably won't bring you the money that the others will but amazing smoke and easy plants to grow)
-Fruity pebbles og (pretty good yield I think. Didn't do a whole light of it so hard to tell but it was on their high yield list a few months ago)
sunset Cookie ( gassy cookie cross, 67-70 days was better than 63, medium-high yield).

The high yield list changed this time because I asked for the top 3-4 of whatever was in stock. As the stock changes different varieties will rise to the top.

Even if there's no clone conservatory near you maybe you'll be able to make use of some of the names on this list. To be honest they're really all new to me so I'm going on what they told me. GG4 is more potent and stinky than everything I tried from them but right now it seems people want something that goes down a little easier, the gorilla will rip your face off. The purple colors help it sell. Everything I grew this last round sold faster than gorilla. I didn't grow GG4 last time but there's a bunch our there and people passed it up for the others. If I have 20% of my harvest gg4 I can still get top dollar. If it's not there people miss it. If I have too much people get burnt out and I have to lower prices. Ice cream cake is as good as pot can look 100% maybe equal to but nothing can top it . Very beautiful. I hope it gives good numbers. Good luck.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've never really moved on from Chem D, pre-98 Bubba, Amnesia and White Rhino... i want my strong weed to smell like strong weed rather than my desert !- and if they been around for 20 years + then you know they are quality and not just hype !

Which more modern clone-only should i be looking for that will blow those out of the water ?

VG

Last edited:

mexweed

Veteran
I've had a couple mac badders, something called fyah mac which I think was just mac, it tasted like lime sherbet with a strong colombian edge, it was good but not near the level of real sour D, it was heady but I feel like most of what I enjoyed about it came from the colombian

right now I have some mac and cheese, it's good I've had some full spectrum rosin edibles of the mac and cheese and loved the giggly body high so figured I would give it a shot, similar zesty almost slightly minty colombian flavor but no lime instead it has a buttery creamy edge from the cheese, creeper very nice body high, but I'm wondering how much of what I'm liking is the cheese, and it's not stacking up to the chem #4 on potency

I'd put it on the level of gg#4, like if someone liked gg#4 and was wanting to try a sativa dom I would recommend mac

I would not trade my I95 bagseed for either, or any given female from my Top Dawg chem sisXsour D bx pack for that matter

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Outlaw Cookies" - pheno of GMO x GG4 Bx7 found by genetic freaked , in a cross made by GET MO , using a male sorted from GG4 line work seeds given him by Josey - thus the name - it's a tribute.

fetch?id=17840429&d=1619231539.jpg

fetch?id=17840431&d=1619231626.jpg

fetch?id=17840430&d=1619231589.jpg

It's similar in fashion to Gary Payton in terms of a popular clone only comparative - similar high, except MUCH stronger. Much heavier. Similar terp, in terms of the meaty-ness, but Gary is sweeter. Outlaw Cookies smells like a pastrami sandwich - and when broken up has that yeasty cookie dough note - except it's more like sour dough, instead of cookie dough. Better yield. Better flower structure. Has a similar growth profile to that of GMO though - she grows pretty straight up and stays close to the stem when she flowers. Doesn't mind being topped. However, she has a completely different flower set / nug structure than GMO - thank goodness...hehehe

Killer plant. I'm trying to get as many of her in my room at a time as possible.

^^This is the new one I'd be looking out for in 2022. She's probably going to find her way around the old gluetard circle eventually. Just saying. :joint: :respect:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I don't know if you're anywhere near southern California but I have ordered from the Clone Conservatory and had great results. I asked for their list of top high yielding varieties that finish in 9 weeks or less and they sent me a list. They have five or six locations within two hours of me I'm in Orange County) and they sent me a list from the four locations I asked about. It looks like each location carries their own strain list and some are in stock and some not. Some locations want you to buy 50 -100 minimum but some you can but just a few. They basically meet you in a parking lot somewhere near their nursery which some people might think is shady but it didn't bother me since I've been growing since the 90's when everything was still illegal.
​​​​​​
The two locations I purchased from and two of the other spots had GG4 on the list but didn't include it on the high yielding varieties list. I bought 200 of various varieties and ran 12kw with good results. Of course some of their supposed nine week strains took ten but the quality was great. Some of the things on the list of top commercial strains LA: kush mints, diesel og Orange County: banananium, ice cream cake, vanilla frost, Apple fritter, mimosa. The other locations near me want you to buy minimum amounts.

I only grew a few plants of ice cream cake on my last run and it was amazing. I ordered enough for two lights this time so I'll find out how the yield is in a couple months. The structure is really good for sure. I haven't grown the others on their list. I did grow -blackwater og which was fantastic (10 weeks but they say 9),
-pie Face ( definitely true 9 weekers, high yield, two hours to trim a pound was fastest in history for me. Creeper so some people are put off but I enjoy it.),
-Mendo breath (good yield, like a way better stinkier, stronger, bigger yielding gsc. Great aroma)
-Blue zkittles (67 days, like an indica blue dream. Improvement on BD I think. Stays short for being in that family. Probably won't bring you the money that the others will but amazing smoke and easy plants to grow)
-Fruity pebbles og (pretty good yield I think. Didn't do a whole light of it so hard to tell but it was on their high yield list a few months ago)
sunset Cookie ( gassy cookie cross, 67-70 days was better than 63, medium-high yield).

The high yield list changed this time because I asked for the top 3-4 of whatever was in stock. As the stock changes different varieties will rise to the top.

Even if there's no clone conservatory near you maybe you'll be able to make use of some of the names on this list. To be honest they're really all new to me so I'm going on what they told me. GG4 is more potent and stinky than everything I tried from them but right now it seems people want something that goes down a little easier, the gorilla will rip your face off. The purple colors help it sell. Everything I grew this last round sold faster than gorilla. I didn't grow GG4 last time but there's a bunch our there and people passed it up for the others. If I have 20% of my harvest gg4 I can still get top dollar. If it's not there people miss it. If I have too much people get burnt out and I have to lower prices. Ice cream cake is as good as pot can look 100% maybe equal to but nothing can top it . Very beautiful. I hope it gives good numbers. Good luck.

Unfortunately on other side of country. How much was 200 cuts??? One source I found was selling 1 rooted cut for $250 for most, and $1000 for runts and a few others. I only run 1 4 x 8 tent, so want something that can be scrogged for maximum grams per watt. I also suck at growing seeds. Probably over moisture and just get no growth. Also I am old, and figure my chances of finding a great pheno growing a bunch of seeds is long shot.

Principante8

Unfortunately on other side of country. How much was 200 cuts??? One source I found was selling 1 rooted cut for $250 for most, and $1000 for runts and a few others. I only run 1 4 x 8 tent, so want something that can be scrogged for maximum grams per watt. I also suck at growing seeds. Probably over moisture and just get no growth. Also I am old, and figure my chances of finding a great pheno growing a bunch of seeds is long shot.

Around here they're about $10-$20 each depending on how many you buy. I fell into the $10 bracket with 200. They were asking $13 each for that number but I offered $10. I used to wholesale clones at $4 a piece back in the day so I had to ask for a discount.

Principante8

ICC in OC is going to fetch a very low ticket… it’s the most played out strain of 2021

I only have a dozen lights and none of my customers have ever seen it so they'll be blown away. Of course I've read about it's popularity but if you're not doing big time grows nothing really gets played out. I understand people that are sitting on tens or hundreds of pound would want to look elsewhere or diversify. I have a lot of grower friends but we all have smaller setups and none of our customers have seen it. Big packs and dispensaries must be where it's been lurking. It's very stoney. It's only six days off the plant and I can tell it will be a winner.

I asked before what you were moving in OC.?
Looks like we are dabbling in a different type of market than one another. For me the strain almost doesn't matter. If it's grown well it'll sell. I can still move a few pounds of Blue Dream at the same price as all the new fancy stuff as long as it's only 10% of the garden or less. I'm only on the hunt for something to give me good numbers. All of the varieties today are pretty amazing in one way or another. As long as customers don't get burnt out on (insert variety name here) then they'll all move. I only grow one variety for every two lights so nobody gets bored. Unless it's Blue Dream which would only get one.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mac is nice. Lots love her, lots hate her. I like White truffle(GORILLA BUTTER f2), she's great and my new find WT x A5hazebx x Mac. There's so much diversity I could pick many. There's a bunch I like a lot. WT is at the top of must have clones for 2022. For me its about popping seeds. I love the hunt. If you are interested in buying clones check out Beleafs website. Everything he finds is up for grabs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts