What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are the top must have clone only strains?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
recently I have had some 33, runts, and chem #4 live badders and sugars, the chem #4 blows them out of the water on potency and legs, the flavor holds its own as well

I've had a couple mac badders, something called fyah mac which I think was just mac, it tasted like lime sherbet with a strong colombian edge, it was good but not near the level of real sour D, it was heady but I feel like most of what I enjoyed about it came from the colombian

right now I have some mac and cheese, it's good I've had some full spectrum rosin edibles of the mac and cheese and loved the giggly body high so figured I would give it a shot, similar zesty almost slightly minty colombian flavor but no lime instead it has a buttery creamy edge from the cheese, creeper very nice body high, but I'm wondering how much of what I'm liking is the cheese, and it's not stacking up to the chem #4 on potency

I'd put it on the level of gg#4, like if someone liked gg#4 and was wanting to try a sativa dom I would recommend mac

I would not trade my I95 bagseed for either, or any given female from my Top Dawg chem sisXsour D bx pack for that matter
I have MAC1 which should be done in a month, and chemdawg #4 which just rooted. The Chedawg came with neem resistant 2 spot spider mites and had to throw out entire grow, since fans spread them.

Loc Dog

Veteran
"Outlaw Cookies" - pheno of GMO x GG4 Bx7 found by genetic freaked , in a cross made by GET MO , using a male sorted from GG4 line work seeds given him by Josey - thus the name - it's a tribute.

View attachment 18050736
View attachment 18050737
View attachment 18050738

It's similar in fashion to Gary Payton in terms of a popular clone only comparative - similar high, except MUCH stronger. Much heavier. Similar terp, in terms of the meaty-ness, but Gary is sweeter. Outlaw Cookies smells like a pastrami sandwich - and when broken up has that yeasty cookie dough note - except it's more like sour dough, instead of cookie dough. Better yield. Better flower structure. Has a similar growth profile to that of GMO though - she grows pretty straight up and stays close to the stem when she flowers. Doesn't mind being topped. However, she has a completely different flower set / nug structure than GMO - thank goodness...hehehe

Killer plant. I'm trying to get as many of her in my room at a time as possible.

^^This is the new one I'd be looking out for in 2022. She's probably going to find her way around the old gluetard circle eventually. Just saying. :joint: :respect:

dank.Frank
I finally got 10 strains over the summer, of which 1 was GMO. I want to narrow down to less than 5. Why don't you like GMO. Another month till harvest if 8 week plant.

St. Phatty

Nobody talks about Romberry.

It is different than Romulan.

Both are Great.

Romulan is hard to come by.

Romberry I know as a seed, though I suspect the breeder received a Clone that they crossed with a handpicked Blueberry.

Loc Dog

Veteran
There are so many new nice cuts around. The list could literally be in the 100's of names. I stopped chasing cuts in favor of popping seeds. With the genetics scene the way it is, and everyone and their brother making seeds. It's not really hard at all to find plants that check all the boxes. Deciding which ones to keep is another thing, lol.
I am hobbyist and old. Would much rather pay a couple of hundred for someone elses work. Actually cheaper than some seed sellers. Have seen seeds for $3500 a pack of 10.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I finally got 10 different clone strains. One came with neem resistant 2 spot spider mites, from seller bragging about no bugs or hlvd. Was brutally hot, had fan running and have been fighting them for months. Any opinions, tips, or feed strength knowledge would be appreciated. Hoping they are what they said they were. All were allegedly very high THC, short flower time, and heavy producers. I am no expert, so could be growing them all wrong, under or over feeding them. Surprised it is so hard to find optimum feed, considering it is one phenotype.

MAC1
Fatso
Chimera #3

Seller disappeared shortly after I bought them. Most expensive and worried if they are real. The MAC1 is biggest budder at 1 month, and looks nothing like other peoples MAC1 at that point.

Chemdawg #4
GMO
Gush Mintz
Piff City #3
Bruce Banner #3

These are not a best of clone but tried since the seeds were crazy expensive and claims of over 40% THC. Someones pick of 40 seeds that grew fastest, not selected for best bud result. From outdoor only grower so they had yet to see them flower. I know the breeder is hated by many. Copycat Genetix.

Oreo Big Stuff
Rainbow MAC

mexweed

Veteran
if I were you, based on the strains you selected, and wanting to narrow it down to 5 and also avoid risks from getting clones...

I would get these seeds...

han solo burger from skunk house, GMOXlarry

something with #4 in it and something with cbh/piff from top dawg

and then put some time into sourcing a legitimate vendor for BB3 and Mac1

or look into Capulator and Seed Junky seeds, and perhaps throw shit to the wind on some euro fem BB3

Last edited:

mattshrapnel

It’s hype .. and seed makers who use crosses with it should be ashamed of themselves riding that hype train..Continually milking it for all it’s worth..blah blah blah ….case in point …here’s Platinum Kush Breath …from a recent seed pack … it’s better than any elite clone I’ve ran and I’ve been growing for 25 years.. Except possibly for Mac number one (capulator cut) which does live up to the hype…the PKB yields better though

Very sexy lady!

Loc Dog

Veteran
What is a good legitimate source/website to acquire clones from legal states via internets?
I used strainly, but research and make sure they have been there awhile. One long term seller with low prices, advertising no bugs and no hlvd sent neem resistant 2 spot spider mites. A number of people here also got them over a year time period, and they get indignant and say it must have happened in transit, while in sealed bag. Another issue I had was a seller disappearing after buying expensive clones and now doubt what i was sold is real, Even DarkHeart nursery was selling fake GG4 for quite some time (did not have leaf twist). The infested cuts came on 95 degree day, and had fans running which spread to entire grow and fought for months before trashing 90% of plants and starting over. Those were from CT. Supposedly OK to ship anywhere in USA, but federal law still says no. DEA infers they will do nothing to stop it.

iStruggle

Why's that?

Just not a fan of the high. Fee like on the front end it couldnt decide what it wanted to do. Back end was a little more couchy than I expected. Beautiful plant though for sure, fantastic taste and smell. I did some popesicle by night owl a couple grows ago, and i think that its a better version of runtz. No idea if thats what they were going for, just everything about it reminded me of runtz.

goingrey

Just not a fan of the high. Fee like on the front end it couldnt decide what it wanted to do. Back end was a little more couchy than I expected. Beautiful plant though for sure, fantastic taste and smell. I did some popesicle by night owl a couple grows ago, and i think that its a better version of runtz. No idea if thats what they were going for, just everything about it reminded me of runtz.
Very beautiful yeah.

Popesicle by Night Owl? An auto? Well that's one pretty big difference right there..

iStruggle

Very beautiful yeah.

Popesicle by Night Owl? An auto? Well that's one pretty big difference right there..
Runtz wasnt really bad. Just didnt love up to the hype, though, not much does.

Also, i didnt mean to imply that popesicle is a runtz clone. I dont even think they share similar genetics, only that its what it reminded me of. Autos aint so bad any more. They will never yield as much as photos but they have their place

Latest posts

Latest posts