What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

washing machine hash - the right way

ok im new here, so I figured I would show you all how we do it where im from.

now don't get me wrong, I know about the little panty washers 5 and 20 gallon, and they have their purpose, but nothing that i've seen works as well and as easy as the method im gonna show you here... this is the real deal

I would love your input

Attachments

• IMG00205-20111127-1634.jpg
    IMG00205-20111127-1634.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG00206-20111127-1634.jpg
    IMG00206-20111127-1634.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG00207-20111127-1634.jpg
    IMG00207-20111127-1634.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG00208-20111127-1635.jpg
    IMG00208-20111127-1635.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG00209-20111127-1637.jpg
    IMG00209-20111127-1637.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG00210-20111127-1643.jpg
    IMG00210-20111127-1643.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG00214-20111127-1658.jpg
    IMG00214-20111127-1658.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG00215-20111127-1846.jpg
    IMG00215-20111127-1846.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 33
always the colder the better

First I add in about 20 lbs of ice and the trim like its clothes, NOT in a wash bag! (if you turn the machine on to fill first befpre you add the trim it will have too much water/mix in it and it will overload) then turn it to short cycle cold which is about 15 minutes and let it go.

For the second run i add another 20 lbs or so of ice. It's is so cold for this process and the plant matter gets mashed up so little that the "green kool aid" is a thing of the past.

The water comes out crystal clear not smelling planty at all and the crystals gathered are gold and stay that way. there is no chlorophyl here just sticky resin

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why dont you put a step by step. Im not following how you seperate the water from the trim without the mesh bag you put the trim in..

its pretty simple. I'll do a step by step if you think i should.

When it cycles to spin and shoots the water out you put the hose from the washer into your bubble bags and shoot the water through them and voila. All the washer does is the work of actually mixing it up saving you the work and the mess.

You still use your bubble bags, work bag and all, thats why you don't need the wash bag. IMO All the wash bag does is keep stuff clumped together and you don't get the quality or yield...

I saved trim for a long time looking for a good way to process it. When my buddy put me on to this, I took everything I had to him and we made a day of it. I used to trudge on and on forever it seemed like to no end till you just wanted to stop; not because you're done, but because you actually can't do it anymore. This changed all that

Kushed_

always the colder the better

First I add in about 20 lbs of ice and the trim like its clothes, NOT in a wash bag! (if you turn the machine on to fill first befpre you add the trim it will have too much water/mix in it and it will overload) then turn it to short cycle cold which is about 15 minutes and let it go.

For the second run i add another 20 lbs or so of ice. It's is so cold for this process and the plant matter gets mashed up so little that the "green kool aid" is a thing of the past.

The water comes out crystal clear not smelling planty at all and the crystals gathered are gold and stay that way. there is no chlorophyl here just sticky resin

How much trim do you add to begin with?

For the second batch, do you dump the work bag back in the washer?

Thanks!

TLoft13

Would be interested to hear more from people who have experience with washing machines.
Techniques, brands, measurements, whatever...

How much trim do you add to begin with?

For the second batch, do you dump the work bag back in the washer?

Thanks!
everything goes back in the washer always. It's like a work station so you don't get the floor all wet. Once again all the more reason to forego the wash bag.

So you start with, say, a plastic thank you bag full (about 500g) if its good and mayb 2 bags if not so good. And you do 2 runs and you save your remains. Then you do Another 2 runs with another batch of trim. You should get about 2-4 oz per batch of trim depending on how good it is/how much you use.

so you take the 2 batches put tthem together and do a final run of both together, except this time you can do 2 runs, 3, 4, keep going till its green... I have had the 4th run this way be very smokable...

Is that how you dry it? Seems like it would never dry proper as pictured. Good luck. Peace GS

no that's just a way to gather it. The way we dry it it gets pressed wet by hand. I then transfer them to the foil seen here to transport to the drying racks and I just dry them on the racks like nugs. In 1-2 days its super sticky plyable bubble and all the runs are equally good except the "wildcard" 3rd batch. I said before all the stuff I've made this way tests pretty much around 50% cannabanoids and is almost all melty

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Hey fellow Michigander! So the washing machine doesn't clog up with the trim? It spits it all back out thru the tube?
How many different bags you use?

TB Gardens

Veteran
Do a step by step with some detailed pics please :tiphat:

Pretty sure I follow it all, but step by step DIY threads make me warm inside

fishwater

And you dont get any leftover thread or wet lint from clothes? Looks like a lot of suds too.. The plant matter makes that many bubbles?

Hey fellow Michigander! So the washing machine doesn't clog up with the trim? It spits it all back out thru the tube?
How many different bags you use?

Hey dude! No it doesn't get clogged it takes about a half inch solid to do that.

I use a 4 bag kit. A work bag 220 catches the leaf, the 160 catches a bit and its ok. Next is 75 which is the most quantity and high quality melt. Next Is 25 and this is usually the best quality but a smaller amount as well.

I have many dfferent bag sets, cones, screens, filters and all kinds of shit. This one happens to be my friend's set and its a payload. The extra big silkscreen makes it easier to shake out. I could be wrong about the microns but I'm petty sure...

And you dont get any leftover thread or wet lint from clothes? Looks like a lot of suds too.. The plant matter makes that many bubbles?

No do what kushed said. A 20 gallon bubble hash washer is $400 and is made for delicate linens. It doesn't have a big agitator in the middle like a clothes washer it has a little plate at the bottom that your wash bag gets caught up in and really doesn't do shit.

A clothes washer you can get for around $300 and is infinitly more heavy duty that the others.

If you haev ever made hash, you know its bubbly all over. That's why we used to call it bubble hash before they came out with the term "ice water" hash (which is basically bubble hash that doesn't bubble) The more it bubbles the better your hash is and the bigger quantity.

It's gotta have something to do with the crystal heads breaking off of the stalks and letting out little bubbles. Im sure somebody has a better explanation...

For the pictures showed we used my buddys old washer which he did wash clothes in. We ran a couple cycles with bleach and soap and then rinsed it out and did a couple cycles of fresh clean water. He figured out the method so he had done it 2 or 3 times by the time i got there. He claims his wasnt soapy but who knows. Just get a new one $300 is a small price to pay for a method of this proportion. You could everybodys trim you know and fast and well. Im sure the cheapest smallest clothes washer that is still a big one, probably a roper or some other knockoff will do just fine. Just get the cheapest one you can find, maybe on sale... Of if you're brave go buy one for $50 on CL and have at it.

It's amazing how well these washers work. Almost as if they were made for this and not washing clothes. That made me think, you are basically washing the crystals off of the leaves and collecting the "dirt" except the dirt is MEDICINE. WOW!

I have a couple changes that i've made since these pictures. Ill do a new run and make a step by step with a decanting trash can and mesh cones from boldt bags. The new method will cut the time approxoimately in half. As pictured it takes about 2 hours to do due to procedutral constraints and it takes 2 people

Thanks for posting this. Ive never seen anyone not use the zipper bags. It makes more sense this way when you think about it.

If someone is trying to this without a shop sink or drain you can use a trashcan or barrel and put a sump pump in the bottom allowing you to discharge the water that runs through the bags back into the washer, or down the washing machine drain hookup, or outside.

My basement floor is below the sewer drain so the water has to be pumped up to the height of the sewer pipe going out the wall . If you have your drain going out the floor then your all set. you can just put the washer output into a sink that uses gravity to drain.

Latest posts

Latest posts