What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

washing machine hash - the right way

There is no wash bag I assume that's what you are asking about. Your wash bag is replaced by the work bag in your bubble bag set and all of the trim gets collected in there when shot out of the washer through the hose

mendo420

Veteran
Have you ever used an Ice-O-Lator?
How does the final product compare to an Ice-O-Lator?
How contaminant does the washing machine create in the final product?
Are you getting full melt?

In my experience to much agitation creates more contaminant in the final product.
I used to mix in a 20 gal with a paint mixer, no work bag and use an 8 bag 20 gal kit.
Final product was not that great. To much contaminant was getting in.

I changed my work flow to Ice-O-Lator's 5 gal.
I find I get better quality in small batches.
I run 4 Ice-O-Lator's at a time with about 200 grams in the work bag 6 min 3 washes.
Full melt every time.

thats the beauty of the washer. Theres only gentile agitation. The proof is in the waste water that contains little to no chlorrophyl.

by ice o lator i assume u mean the bags? It doesn't matter whose bags you use. I have gone through so many of sets of bags over the last 10 years, prolly every kind.

if you mean the little chinese panty washers (that's what they are, not ice-o-lators), they're junk IMO and I sell them ;) (this is not an offer to sell anything) Even for a small batch I would use this method. I really see nothing wrong with it. I implore you to...

Like I said before it's all melty and is testing at 50%

I find the batch size doesn't matter, you just use more ice and water. I don't get "green" product till like the 4th run on the wildcard batch and i already have ounces and ounces of melt so i just give the green stuff away

mendo420

Veteran
Thanks!

When I asked ice-o-lator. I ment the small washing machines not the bags.
bags are bags.
I use bubble bags 20 gallon kit.

Agitation is the key to a good product!
I thought a big machine would over agitate and add contaminates to the final product.

Thanks for your hard work and comments!!!

BIG UP!

no worries bro, I just get all worked up about this. Like I said, Im a retailer (this is not an advertisement to sell anything) so I see it from different sides all the time. I'm sure you're getting good product out of your ice o lator. but aside from it not agitating enough because its a stupid little plate at the bottom of the washer, here are some things you can always do no matter what you're method to get more better hash:

use fresh trim. If you want cured hash, make it fresh and cure it... The fresher it is the less green stuff you'll get from breaking down plant mass

take out the junk (big fan leaves, stems, anything you don't want to make hash out of) the less contaminents in the mix, the less you'll be wasting time spinning them. If the only thing in there is sticky, then you're never wasting your time with stems. Also if you use a mixer, the stems are the reason it gets all clumpy. Put all sugar leaves in and see how easy and beautiful it is.

Use better leaves is the point. Its always to use less of better then tons of shit.

less agitation the better. Mdanzig told me dj short uses a spoon hooked to a sonic tooth brush and puts it in the bucket just hanging and that does it. ( i gotta confirm that with short still) Also a spoon is always infinitley better than a mixer or impeller. You won't get as much, but it will be the SHIT! A spoon is sort of like the ice o lator machine, you're not gonna get every everything, because you're only getting the goods but maybe half of whats there...

dont press it till its dry. Obviously you have to squeeze the water out a bit to collect the hash, but beyond that i wait as long as possible before pressing it. Not to mention if you make the best bubble it forms hash all by itself while it dries, bringing me to the most important point drying

dry it at least on some cardboard, not how I have it picture above on foil. Drying it on foil will make it moldy in a matter of a day or so because of the high water content inside, the outside seals it in and it may stay wet forever. If you wanna go beyond cardboard, I dry mine right on the drying rack. I just take the big chunks and place them gently on there and take all the scraps and put them all together too. Maybe put some paper down on the rack underneath the one you're drying on to catch everything, I don't do this, but I know somebody's gonna bring it up.

Also, I dry my trim on a drying rack just to get the best fastest most even drying out of it

G

guest8905

used washer and foil... :dunno:

yeah i think you could learn a lot from this site

sorry stickky, maybe I wasnt clear. The foil is what I use to collect all of the patties. That is not what I dry them on, nor do I recommend it, nor did I ever say to do that. You could use wax paper, glass, whatever you want at that point. Use something that will dry it from the bottom, top, and all sides. Maybe even point a low fan in that direction.

Also, if you have to use an old washer, like my homie did, they sell a cleaning kit at the appliance parts store. Use that along with a hose and sponge etc to really clean it out. Get the rubber gasket at the top, the lid, everything you can see and then do a load (empty of course), and then clean it again if you want. You will see it get clean. If you don't want to try this you don't have to, but it works and works well. I will never ever ever make water hash by hand again, you're shooting yourself in the foot not doing it this way.

If you have a suggestion as to how to improve my process, please the floor is open

yeah i think you could learn a lot from this site

I think WE ALL could learn a lot from this site, that's why were here. Not to show everybody how cool we are. You have been here for a year and made 1200 posts mostly about "wow. nice job" or something like that. Sure dis my shit, these other peeps aren't.

There's people who have been here since overgrow and don't have as many posts as you. Those are the people I want to learn from. The people who speak when they have something important to say. If I get to 1200 i will cut and paste a book out of here and give a shout out to icmag for keeping it all organized for me.

I create content, and I have mad respect for anybody who does because there's always a-holes like you out there trying to deter them.

btw, how many washing machines, new or used have you made bubble hash with?

:moon:

:thank you:

G

guest8905

i was part of overgrow and have been here since the start, this is just my new handle

i wasnt trying to diss you, just being a bit of a smart ass in saying that yeah, those pics arent the best at showing people how to do it.

oh and i used to run 6 washers at once\\ but the best hash i ever had was made by hand

have fun in michigan

Green Supreme

Veteran
no that's just a way to gather it. The way we dry it it gets pressed wet by hand. I then transfer them to the foil seen here to transport to the drying racks and I just dry them on the racks like nugs. In 1-2 days its super sticky plyable bubble and all the runs are equally good except the "wildcard" 3rd batch. I said before all the stuff I've made this way tests pretty much around 50% cannabanoids and is almost all melty
Pressing traps water inside that is almost impossible to get out. You can tell after na time because the hash goes waxy and will no longer stay pressed. Good, dry hash should press to a hard ball and stay that way. Good luck. Peace GS

Well then I stand corrected. You are not an ahole.

We will have fun in michigan. As far as I can see we have the most progressive laws on the books yet. Especially when it comes to seeds. A lot of famous people in the game are from here. Short, KK, Mdanzig just to name a few there's a lot more... I am very proud to be from michigan and I consider myself lucky to have been here from the start.

I was around on overgrow and before that even. My handle was drake. It still is on skunk... I have nothing to hide. I just came here because I started selling seeds for DJ short and he asked me to come join here (this is not an advertisement to sell anything)

if I had 6 washers running simultaneous i'd be making pounds and pounds of hash every day. I can make well over a pound with just 1 of them

You must be the man. I assume you have some hash threads we can check out?

G

guest8905

thanks but im only A man, not THE man lol

those runs we did was for about a week and we got like 4 a day or so. What i dont like about the machines is how the bags get tore up so easy....they need to invent (or i do haha) a easy to use, non tearing mix bag. It gets expensive when you go through a few bags a day

no i dont do threads with pics really

Pressing traps water inside that is almost impossible to get out. You can tell after na time because the hash goes waxy and will no longer stay pressed. Good, dry hash should press to a hard ball and stay that way. Good luck. Peace GS

When I press it, it is wet and I press it with a screen and paper towels on top and bottom. When no more water seeps out I put it on the drying rack. It dries usually in one day to a sticky totally plyable consistency, and there is no trace of anything green or modly. I never re press it. It is and dries out as hash, just as bubbly as any. If it gets waxy, i contest you have not dried it properly or your starting material wasnt as good. Resin is resin

I very rarely get a product that doesnt stick together, and always its from the first (160 or 190) bag

I have strains that make better or more hash, but I've been running sourd lately and thats what im processing. kk's Strawberry cough has always been the best hash maker I've ever had.

fyi I have been making bubble hash for over 10 years and I've had just about every bag set you can get. xxxtractor, trash bags, schwag bags, countless bubble bags, boldt bags, ebay bags, coffee filters, silk screens, name it. I made this thread because in my experience i haven't found a specific method that is easier and more productive. Maybe I should have called it "easier and more productive methods of extracting resin" you should see how I make the absolute, you'd shit If you knew how easy it is

The guy who invented the whole water hash process got ripped off by everybody and he only uses 1 screen. Jorge was gonna push a 15 or 20 bag set until it came out that hash bags are a sham!

Its not in the products, its in the method/starting material.

Mdanzig uses only the work bag and the 25 and his hash is more consistent that ANYBODY i have ever seen and it is also of the highest quality.

I am not trying to question anybodys knowledge here, I am just trying to figure it out for myself...

What i dont like about the machines is how the bags get tore up so easy....they need to invent (or i do haha) a easy to use, non tearing mix bag. It gets expensive when you go through a few bags a day

did you really read my method? I'm not ragging on you but that's what its about. My method could be used in a little panty washer bubble thing but they are a joke and I wouldn't waste my time nor would I ever recommend one of those to a customer unless they had specific needs for one. They are made in china for chinese people. When you order then wholesale 1 of 4 don't work if you're lucky. They are made to fit in a sink and to wash your underwear. Because there, everything else gets washed by hand. And a dryer?? LOL! they use these because they pay for a place to live (which is almost never a house) by square footage and nothing else they have to have something small that they can store out of the way when they're not using it.

the whole point of my method is the wash bag is a joke! You don't need a wash bag it just gets eaten up and moreso it holds all the shit together. Would you make bubble hash with a wash bag in your bucket? no because it would seem retarted (no offense to retarted people) to a normal person. Why would I put my stuff in a bac but then try to mix it up? were not making tea here, we are trapping non-polar crystals in water and then draining off the water. More like washing lettuce than making tea IMO

Green Supreme

Veteran
Most hash will press together when it is wet. There is really no way to dry a pressed puck in one day. Like I said press it into a ball and leave it in a jar for a week. You will see what I mean. after a week try press the hash again, it will fall apart and not press. Years of experience mean little if your method is off. Folks have made the same mistakes over and over for decades, only realizing after they try it differently. Some never realize at all.

I am not sure, but have never heard of Eldon complaining about folks stealing his method. Good luck in whatcha do. Peace GS

G

guest8905

yeah i hear you bro,

but if you advocate a no mix bag system, then you have to be careful not to clog your machine with pounds of wet herb.

Its a hassle when a bag breaks and you have to dig out all the ice and herb and it takes days, a few mix bags that STAY closed are a godsend imo, you just cant forget to put ice in the bag with your herb

also to you recapture the wash water or drain to waste? ive found both have their upsides, with the recapture i feel like a lot of terpens and oils get saved as compared to drain to waste

you have to be careful if you are using a panty washer. and since I strictly advise against them, its a non issue.

I have never seen one of these(real washing machine: amana, whirlpool, ge) get clogged and as I said, I'm pretty sure it takes a round 1/2" solid to foul up the pump. But if you did you could change the pump...

I have used a coffee filter to collect heads, but never have i collected the water and boiled it off or you have a diffeent way of saving it? this is interesting

All I'm saying is as pictured here, without a wash bag in a bigass clothes washer I have never had any problems that would make me not recommend this method even to a newcomer to hash making.

G

guest8905

yeah lol

well ill tell ya ive burnt out a few pumps, as 1/2 inch is easy to make when you mix a couple pounds of herb and ice, it makes pretty good blockage.

no i meant do you reuse the water? when i was younger i ran simple 5 gallon set and found when i reused the water, my hash was more oily and smelled stronger. I tried a few years ago the same technique on the 20 gallon mixes and i found the same to be true...to a point, there was a point where the water was not really appealing anymore to use and also the more times you use the water the more foamy you get lol. But ive yet to use this technique with the machines as usually there just drained out to a hole in the floor

anyway good luck man

Latest posts

Latest posts