What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

washing machine hash - the right way

wow you bring up a number of interesting points stickky.

maybe the terpines have some properties that make the water bubbly.

I have thought about reusing before but I could never find a happy medium between getting a lot of product and keeping the water crystal clear.

I now think the most important things are less agitation and close to freexing temps

did you ever do a side by side of the same trim with reused water and fresh?

My new idea for this method is to use cones instead of bags. I'll do this by decanting the entire contents of the washer into a gargbage can with a drain spout on the bottom. Then ill drain the water through the mesh cones and at that point I can recapture the water or waste it...

Green Supreme

Veteran
Sometimes the bubbles can be caused by surfactants , wetting agents or dish soap used in spraying. I have had the bubbles from clean material. For me, it tells me the mixing is right. I noticed the best batches for me hand mixing when I was making white bubbles. Peace GS

Most hash will press together when it is wet. There is really no way to dry a pressed puck in one day. Like I said press it into a ball and leave it in a jar for a week. You will see what I mean. after a week try press the hash again, it will fall apart and not press. Years of experience mean little if your method is off. Folks have made the same mistakes over and over for decades, only realizing after they try it differently. Some never realize at all.

I am not sure, but have never heard of Eldon complaining about folks stealing his method. Good luck in whatcha do. Peace GS

first off, (don't mean to be a dick, I'm just gettin fiesty hitting the 4 footer) you can dry anything in a day! ever put a dehumidifier in a box or a closet with some wet shit. it aint wet for long. (lol thats prollya another thread in itself I know ppl who do crazy shit in the name of $$. You would not believe it.) a dehumidifier will take out just as much water as it says on the label in one day which is way more than the little bucket holds...

also, the hash crumbles because its wet and moldy, not because its not hash. And you don't have to put it in a jar... Try to dry hash on the foil like the other guy said, itll do the same exact thing. it gets all wet and gooey underneath almost immediatly and then gets moldy within 3 days tops. if you took it out of the jar and dried it im sure you could repress it not that you would smoke it...

You can smell must, which turns into mildew and then mold. with trim or buds or crystals, anything

sure most stuff will press together when its wet, but it's hash and not just keif that will stay in a globular form over time. If you press it and then have to press it again when it dries its not hash. true bubble you can roll into a ball WET, as you're collecting it, right off your fingers, and smoke it, and be happy with the smoke. if you cant roll it into a ball wet then its just keif and probably not worth anything but eating it

btw I don't know who eldon is, other than my grandfather but I'm sure you don't mean him, I will look him up.

I recall an article TY published that skunk wouldn't fully publish about bubble man, mila, and everybody else stealing this guys method and then fighting him in court on it when he tried to enact his rights as patent holder on ice water extraction. And the guy says you only use 1 screen and some coffee filters. I'm sure somebody knows better what I'm talking about then I do. Please explain further if i didnt

i feel the need to put in a sidebar here. By no means does all of the leaf get shot out into the work bag. 90% of the material and all of the ice is left in the washer. Only what gets through the little holes of the wash tub comes out the pump thats why I don't get how you get a 1/2" solid

anyways, my point is do not leave the stuff in the washer when you are done with it. It will almost immediatly start getting musty and will fuck everything up. always clean the washer thoroughly when done with the wildcard batch and also keep the first half of the wildcard batch in the freezer until you are ready to run it so it doesn't get musty either

Green Supreme

Veteran
The guy you speak of is Reinhardt Delp. He makes the XTR100. Water Hash was around long before that steal contraption was made. Ice Wars has been vilified since then and Marco for publishing it. Hmm food for thought. Peace GS

ps. dehumids will also remove terps from the hash, not my goal.

The guy you speak of is Reinhardt Delp. He makes the XTR100. Water Hash was around long before that steal contraption was made. Ice Wars has been vilified since then and Marco for publishing it. Hmm food for thought. Peace GS

ps. dehumids will also remove terps from the hash, not my goal.
and an ionizer makes my bud not smell, thats neither here nor there. I am just saying you can dry stuff in a day. not to be dicky, like i said this thing is talking for me.

I am ignorant and I appreiate the info i will check it out. i don't get what you said about ice wars being vilified. a show or movie or something?

Attachments

• bongcouch.jpg
    bongcouch.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 15
G

guest8905

most of the foam comes from the heavy mixing of the water, creating air bubbles

ok Here is some macros. We place the wet bubble on paper towels and let them soak up all the water they care to from underneath...

Attachments

• bubble2.jpg
    bubble2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 16
  • bubble3.jpg
    bubble3.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 17
  • bubble4.jpg
    bubble4.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 9
  • bubble5.jpg
    bubble5.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 14
  • bubble6.jpg
    bubble6.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 12
  • bubble7.jpg
    bubble7.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 11
most of the foam comes from the heavy mixing of the water, creating air bubbles

I wonder if the method i mentioned with the spoon and a toothbrush would make it foamy?

I disagree, Stickky, I think its from the breaking up of matter as opposed to mixing the water. Mix water and sure it bubbles, but it dosen't foam. mix water with some shit in it and it foams... Seems like the shit makes it foam...

ps can anybody translate what green supreme was saying about the ice wars being vilified? i would like to learn more about this guy...

G

guest8905

dont you get paper towel residue in your bubble like that? also dont you lose a lot of hash getting stuck to the paper towel?

i think mixing makes bubbles and when combined with oils from the herb it makes foam

lol sorry bro those are still in the bubble bag on top of paper towel I should have said that. heres another view of one of those piles. Also when I press out the water there is pressing screen on top and bottom and paper towel on top and bottom of that.

This is zoomed out so you can't really see it but there is paper towels underneath. We go through tons of paper towels doing this. And you can dry them and reuse them a couple times.

Attachments

• IMAG0287
    IMAG0287
    35.2 KB · Views: 41

mintz

i only hope you dont use a machine that has had any type of soap or perfume smelling thing other than just plain water running at all in it,soap contaminates hash.bad skillz other wise,ask any morrocan about musiku (musk,perfume) and hash.

i only hope you dont use a machine that has had any type of soap or perfume smelling thing other than just plain water running at all in it,soap contaminates hash.bad skillz other wise,ask any morrocan about musiku (musk,perfume) and hash.
of course you wanna use a brand new washer. Not everybody will, though... more importantly, at 400$ retail for a 20 gallon ice o lator its a better deal to buy a regular clothes washer for the price. Just look at the agitator and you will see how the whole zipper bag is the old shit. It's like a little frisbee on the bottom of the washer. A clothes washer constantly circulates the water and matter around in a circle constantly. No bag needed if you use my method.

Dkgrower

Veteran
Hi MMman, nice and simpel method, good job.

Anyway do u get cloudy domes or is it clear dome melt, when u smoke it...

I learned from some here on IC that it was best not to squezz the water out from the bag but instead do as u show put a paper towel or something to suck up the water from the bottom....

And then after on to some dry rack where u spread the ice out with a creditcart not brusing the fruite as Ilife always said..

Ilife had a tread where he showed how he dryed his ice

Have a good 1 and thanks fore sharing

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Rinse all the color stain out of your gold till no more will come out with cold water in the bag (pref. chlorine free water), then settle it into one place or blob cleanly as the water drains. Then alight it on a ready chamois and watch it suck the water out, then place in the freezer for 20 mins or so to freeze. Then take your bag out, fold inside out and pop the frozen puck of trichomes onto the collection screen for easy no mess collection. Your bag screen also does not get clogged from scrapping.

You can collect all the grades from a run on a screen and let sit overnight to dry a little. Once dried a little and still damp, use a stainless steel butter knife or likes to break up your goo piles into small bits, if u can, gently and grade them and place with each other other onto wax paper and then on to paper plates. Into the cupboard and out of light to dry slowly in a room that has a dehumidifier going, for a few days, can take up to a week..
Then take out and press etc.. That is how you get the pukka.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I thank you Mr Medicine, I think this was one off the threads that opened up my eyes and convinced me.

Here are tips, I have learned in my travels...
Get a hose end like a pistol that changes shape of the spray, it is the bomb! Use spring water, chlorine really does nail your aromatics. Use ice cold water only, make sure process is as cold as it can possibly be throughout.
Work bags are not needed at ALL, dump your plant into the machine. 220um and 177um will pre-filter all plant out and not loose you goodies. Catch goodies in a 100um and 43um bag, you only get scum smaller but 50um is not small enough. For last run and pumpout just collect in the 43um. Use more ice than you think, and add ice in between runs. Each run will take 3 x 15 minute washes. 3 washes total per run. 4 washes on 6th run. 6 runs are needed in total. That's right you are loosing till the 6th! Rinse material inside the machine with a bunch of water and then remove material after 6th run and now rinse the machine out, thoroughly inside where resin could collect. Pump out and collect with 6th run. Pack a chillum.
Those are the secrets..People will not believe that you did not mix oils with your hash it will be that good. I made hash from my seedcrops for years and I my best stuff in all those years is worse than what I collect out of the 6th run. I won't explore the bags haha they are in another thread here.. These are the secrets.

Also.. Use 2 lots of water, after first run gets pumped out, put second freezing water in and start second run. Then filter and faff with first run and cycle like this till the end, that way the machine is working all the time and the material is not sitting wet. It can be done easily in 4 hours like this thoroughly.

Last edited:
DKG no clearmelt in those pics but I'm using old trim, but its sourd mostly and the hash usually comes out bubbly. Thanks for the props i just gave this thread a bump since im gonna pull soon; ill be making some super duper. Im doing mostly absolute amber mostly lately, It's what I want to smoke so I figure thats what other people wanna smoke too

great info there MJ. why a pistil sprayer tho what does it do??

I used a couple different washers and it seems pretty easy to over fill it. A good rule of thumb is to fill with ice before adding water that way it wont add too much water weighing the washer tub down. theyre only made for like 25 or max 35 pounds of clothes and its easy to get there with wet trim/ice etc. I'm sure a better washer will take more but I still havent bought one dedicated to this. I will post when I do. I just bought a farm up north a bits so ill be able to stretch my legs ...

I could definitely retain more terpines using your tips on chlorinated water etc. The strength is there but I'm using low grade trim some with fan leaves dried for who knows how long... I'm lucky to get anything. This is a true cash to stash method. Like a new twist on the shower curtain hash those guys showed us the way

im gonna trim fresh from now on to get max low temp terps and freeze dry trim or concentrate cannabanoids from raw trim whenever possible

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I tried all combos but dried, frozen trim works best. I meant pistol hose end, it has a trigger and a rotating selecting head so you can blast 'jet' or 'shower' or 'flat' or 'vertical', made by rainbird I think. I can load about 1kg of bud or trim into my 8.5 kg machine and fuck yeah it is so much fun to throw a kilo of primo bud in and watch your mates faces!

I've seen average yields around and above 13-15% for decent trim and at least 18-20% for bud. Strains are cheese cut and crosses and other tasties like LA so yield will be high.

I also find loading first a spare drum with ice, then pour in water just to cover and shake like hell to get cold. I then fill into the machine halfway using a long arm glove, of which a pair are essential too, keep the ice behind to make more water cold in a bit. Then I load trim and ice till it is full to the max. Then top up with ice water. That is the easiest. Now very important, let sit closed for at least half an hour. This is the only time you let the plant stuff just sit in the water. It must rehydrate and get to the same freezing temps, the resin must get brittle.
Spring water, rain or dehumidifier water makes a huge difference to the terpenes as opposed to tap. I will not waste my waste on tap water!

And also, 177um is absolutely necessary to filter plant material out and a 220 above that helps keep it clear. Sometimes when yields seem low, try throw in more ice, more water and bang it for 4 or even 5 more washes, pump, then rinse the plant material out thoroughly then remove, then rinse your machine out absolutely thoroughly any where stuff can collect, around and under rims, against the inner drum to rinse the inside of outer drum etc.. THOROUGHLY! Them pump out all water then flush with clean water and make sure nothing is there to come out. Collect all into 43um after prefiltering. I have been rewarded with a 30g lump of translucent gold for doing this before. This was after 6 runs and I had to prove to someone that they did not add enough ice for the last few washes/runs and there was a bunch left..boy there was :)

Yeah thats it far as I can remember, pretty late here.. One day when I'm grown up I will stay in a tribal land where I can grow hectares of DeepOGCheese99 just for throwing into my machine :) Plants in deep manure and fed with molasses, lucernce, humates and compost tea for terpenes for yummy chillums. One day LOL...

Latest posts

Latest posts