What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

washing machine hash - the right way

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
And get a NEW machine dedicated to the task.. I got a second hand year old model from a mate and thought I could clean it out... hahahahaha fuck. What a mission! It took a good week and envolved trips with it to an appliance repair place and paying the dude to remove the inner drum for me after lots of cleaning and bleach soaks etc already.. It took a special tool and a whole lotta effort and a high pressure cleaner and taking every pipe and motor and everything apart and scrubbing and a whole lotta elbow grease. I will not go through that mission again! haha I'd rather pay someone the cost of a new machine to do clean that bitch.. So moral is get a NEW machine. It pays for itself the first run. Just do an extra guerrilla grow just to throw in, for the fun. Donate some to cancer patients. Overgrow injustice!

MildeStoner

Veteran
One day when I'm grown up I will stay in a tribal land where I can grow hectares of DeepOGCheese99 just for throwing into my machine Plants in deep manure and fed with molasses, lucernce, humates and compost tea for terpenes for yummy chillums. One day LOL.
Great info, I'll certainly vouch for what you say ;) I love your vision of the future, who knows, maybe we'll be neighbours :)

eskimo

Veteran
greeze out there medicineman ....would realy love to try out methode your methode, but i don't get it ...it may be the fact that english is not my mother languige or the fakt that i hawe only made ice hash once ... a step by step instruction would be realy helpfull at this point

peace and thank's :tiphat:

Thanks for the heads up eskimo. I thought It was step by step but I neglected to realize that the whole world is here, im not on skunk forums anymore :woohoo:

I will do a formal step by step soon. I have a bunch of low grade trim I need to do a run with. I have to get a washer and then I'll do it start to finish

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
I'm going to be doing my first fullmelt runs soon and here are few tips and tricks I've gained. Tell me what ya bubble heads think!

Always use fresh frozen sugar trim/popcorn nugs of strains that are more oily such as the sourd's and og's, no stem or fan leaf and nothing that isn't coated in resin.

Using a microscope to better understand the average trichome head size of the material you are running. This will tell you what bag your best quality will catch in.

Only use RO water/Ice and make your own ice. Average store bought ice is soft and dirty, tap water has to high of ppms. Don't use your average garden hose either to fill the bags these are not regulated to produce safe drinking water, these hoses will leach plasticizers and lead from the metal fixings. Neve use equipment that has been used for other purposes, only use equipment that will be for the strict use of ice water extracts and nothing else. That means don't use your ma's clothes washer to make hash it will taste like ass.

Keep everything as cold as possible and agitate lightly when processing the work bag. After the work bag is removed use a pump n spray bottle with RO water and ice in it to move the goodies to the center of the bag and help push any green matter/undersirables threw the screen. Leaving the wonderfull melty goodness.

Once the quality bag has been collected and dried in a clump for 24 hours it will then be grinded to a fine consistency using a microplane, this will allow it to evenly dry and cure.

After its been allowed to dry for a few days at room temp and melts instead of boils, its ready to cure.

Time of cure is what ever you prefer..

Any suggestions I'm totally new to making Ice water hash and this was just a quick general outline, but I have read quite a bit from others in the industry who make crazy good fullmelts.

mimedicineman - Do you dab or ever use hot hit bowls with quartz or boro wands to vaporize your bubble? I find it much more enjoyable than the traditional bowl topping or Stainless steel screen hit, but it only works well with quality hash. You must try if you haven't!

Nice thread! I haven't used my bubble bags in years. It always seemed like I couldn't get decent yields with the 30 gallon bags in a trash can using a paint mixer. I was always trying to figure out a way to use a washer without the zipper bag but this way makes a lot of sense. I'm glad I bumped into this thread cause I thought I gave up on bubble. I wont have a washer or extra trim to use for a while but I can't wait to try this out. Thanks!

I can remember all the times I put 1000 grams of trim in my 30 gallon bags and would be lucky if I go 14 grams of bubble. It seemed like a lot of product just got stuck in the leaves becoming compacted with the mixer.

hey dd420 did you ever do anything with the trim after? like cook with it? Now I mostly use this method for lower quality trim / trim with fan leaves

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Can make a medicinal/to-blend-topical oil..Runs that had 15% yield gave 3-5 % oil with hexane soak afterwards..15% was made up of 7% baby poo, 6% poo and 2% B'grades off starting plant...;) You can work out what a k of buds gave me for my chillum which is a very happy piece of clay at the mo'!

Also if too lazy to oil afterwards, remember MJ is a P and K bio-accumulator and essential oils are natural pesticides so just turn them into compost with the worm pile and get what you missed next season ! Recycle and reuse and all

Im gonna do a step by step soon too lol hence the bump.

I'm gonna get a new washer and try different consistencies of trim and see what comes of it.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
One can do entire runs with distilled water if one has a dehumidifyer... Just hook up a bigger collection tank on a hose. I like a mix of distilled and spring water myself :) haha nice to have clean and living water. Also to reply to an old post here, a regular top loader is best (like LG or koblenz or whatever - just get a nice big capacity and good action) and a new one is imperative. Wash a few times with clean water first just to get the shop and warehouse smell and gunk out and all.

Coconutz

Veteran
I found that running some extra water through after you have already drained into the bags pulls out a shit ton of extra hash before beating it up again during a second run.
Pouring some extra water through the trash bag before throwing that out also pulls extra hash
Make sure to use a lot of ice and save room for the extra water thats going to be used

Latest posts

Latest posts