Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Damn I go and transant 1 room and this has gone to advanced microbiology and anatomy....???

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Drug metabolism is the biochemical modification of pharmaceutical substances by living organisms, usually through specialized enzymatic systems. This is a form of xenobiotic metabolism. Drug metabolism often converts lipophilic chemical compounds into more readily excreted polar products. Its rate is an important determinant of the duration and intensity of the pharmacological action of drugs.
Drug metabolism can result in toxication or detoxication - the activation or deactivation of the chemical. While both occur, the major metabolites of most drugs are detoxication products.
Drugs are almost all xenobiotics. Other commonly used organic chemicals are also xenobiotics, and are metabolized by the same enzymes as drugs. This provides the opportunity for drug-drug and drug-chemical interactions or reactions.

so yes its converted. but first its the form of THC.

Phase I vs. Phase II

Phase I reactions usually precede Phase II, though not necessarily. During these reactions, polar bodies are either introduced or unmasked, which results in (more) polar metabolites of the original chemicals. In the case of pharmaceutical drugs, Phase I reactions can lead either to activation or inactivation of the drug.
Phase I reactions (also termed nonsynthetic reactions) may occur by oxidation, reduction, hydrolysis, cyclization, and decyclization reactions. Oxidation involves the enzymatic addition of oxygen or removal of hydrogen, carried out by mixed function oxidases, often in the liver. These oxidative reactions typically involve a cytochrome P450 monooxygenase (often abbreviated CYP), NADPH and oxygen. The classes of pharmaceutical drugs that utilize this method for their metabolism include phenothiazines, paracetamol, and steroids. If the metabolites of phase I reactions are sufficiently polar, they may be readily excreted at this point. However, many phase I products are not eliminated rapidly and undergo a subsequent reaction in which an endogenous substrate combines with the newly incorporated functional group to form a highly polar conjugate.
A common Phase I oxidation involves conversion of a C-H bond to a C-OH. This reaction sometimes converts a pharmacologically inactive compound (a prodrug) to a pharmacologically active one. By the same token, Phase I can turn a nontoxic molecule into a poisonous one (toxification). A famous example is acetonitrile, CH3CN. Simple hydrolysis in the stomach transforms acetonitrile into acetate and ammonia, which are comparatively innocuous. But Phase I metabolism converts acetonitrile to HOCH2CN, which rapidly dissociates into formaldehyde and hydrogen cyanide, both of which are toxic.
Phase I metabolism of drug candidates can be simulated in the laboratory using non-enzyme catalysts.[1] This example of a biomimetic reaction tends to give products that often contains the Phase I metabolites. As an example, the major metabolite of the pharmaceutical trimebutine, desmethyltrimebutine (nor-trimebutine), can be efficiently produced by in vitro oxidation of the commercially available drug. Hydroxylation of an N-methyl group leads to expulsion of a molecule of formaldehyde, while oxidation of the O-methyl groups takes place to a lesser extent.
Phase II reactions — usually known as conjugation reactions (e.g., with glucuronic acid, sulfonates (commonly known as sulfation) , glutathione or amino acids) — are usually detoxication in nature, and involve the interactions of the polar functional groups of phase I metabolites. Sites on drugs where conjugation reactions occur include carboxyl (-COOH), hydroxyl (-OH), amino (NH2), and sulfhydryl (-SH) groups. Products of conjugation reactions have increased molecular weight and are usually inactive unlike Phase I reactions which often produce active metabolites.

and with that being said. These can be misconstrued as false positives. making that they can never pin point if you are HIGH, right then and there. You could have just popped some IB pro fine.

The following substances can cause cross reactivity on an Immunoassay screen but are unlikely to be mistaken on a Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry test (for more information on these tests and others, visit the types of test page):

Ibuprofen

Ibuprofen is a common pain reliever and anti-inflammatory which even in low doses used to cause a false positive for marijuana/cannabis on the EMIT test. The EMIT has been changed to use a different enzyme to eliminate these drug test false positives. But recent evidence suggests that Ibuprofen taken in very high doses, along with other anti-inflammatories such as Naproxen will still interfere with the EMIT test.

Decongestants and Cold Remedies

Phenylpropanolamine and ephedrine are both substances found in many over-the-counter cold remedies. They can result in a drug test false positive for amphetamines on the EMIT test. Antitussives, to suppress coughs, such as dextromethorphan and perylamine may cause a drug test false positive for opiates.

Anti-depressants

Aside from when this class of drugs is specifically tested for, some of them including amitriptyline can test positive for opiates for up to three days after use. Even quinine in tonic water can also cause a positive result for opiates.

Poppy Seeds

Poppy seeds which are usually found on bread contain traces of morphine and can lead to positives for opiates. Codeine, which is found in many pain relievers, may cause a false positive for morphine or heroin because of its similar chemical structure.

Antibiotics

Certain newly developed antibiotics including amoxicillin and ampicillin have been reported to cause false positives for cocaine.

DHEA

This treatment developed for use by AIDS patients will cause a false positive for anabolic steroid use.

Benzodiazepines

Diazepam may cause a false positive for PCP.

Enzymes

A small fraction of the population excrete large amounts of certain enzymes in their urine which may produce a positive drug test. The enzymes in question are endogenous lysozyme and malate dehydrogenate, which according to research may run as high as 10% of positive samples.

Melanin

Melanin is the pigment which protects skin and hair from UV light. It is also very similar in chemical structure to THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol, the active component in cannabis) and some data exists claiming it causes false positives for cannabis. Unfortunately, an equal amount of data suggests that there is no link whatsoever.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL Ya I'm not smart enough to interpret that study. For those of you that can I applaud you mucho respect

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
they can either test for THC or THC metabolites depends on which test they are using. THC metabolites stay in your system much longer. 3-7 days for THC and up to 30 days for metabolites.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
but this is all irrelevant to the legalization of marijuana. as if its legal. They cant drug test you for it~ just like they cant drug test you for alcohol, or cigarettes.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
? im confused now I hear people talking all the time about there blood test for there DUI they had to take at the po po dept

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes I agree but scf says "They cant drug test you for it~ just like they cant drug test you for alcohol, or cigarettes." ? am I missing something here

CaptainTrips

yes I agree but scf says "They cant drug test you for it~ just like they cant drug test you for alcohol, or cigarettes." ? am I missing something here

Some jobs although rare, do get tested for alcohol. I don't know that your run of the mill job can't test, its probably more like they don't, because there would be no workforce.(and it leaves your system very fast like every other drug besides weed...) Lol. Is it illegal to test for alcohol?

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran

correction on that sorry. My medication :) . At the work place.

As far as driving and intoxication. Unless you cant stand, etc, even if they give you a blood test. THC will show at the lowest up to 7 days before. And no way they can use that in court. Now they can use, camera footage of you being intoxicated and unable to operate a motor vehicle.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Some jobs although rare, do get tested for alcohol. I don't know that your run of the mill job can't test, its probably more like they don't, because there would be no workforce.(and it leaves your system very fast like every other drug besides weed...) Lol. Is it illegal to test for alcohol?

this is a long read. but i bet the answer is somewhere in here if its legal for a workplace to test for alcohol. I am assuming no since non do.

http://www.hrhero.com/topics/drug_testing.html

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
also all the interesting new science working with this plant. Who know what other miracles cannabis will provide. All of this new work will be legal to do. I'm sure there are many that want to do some kind of studies with cannabis. The list is endless. Very exciting times coming if this passes.

Devilboy

dag if you check the dates of the 2 posts you will see the first was made some time ago when myself like so many had no clue to the meat and potatoes of this bill and only herd the words LEGAL WEED since then i took a lot of time reading over what the bill really is and found it aint what is claims to be that is my reason for changing my view on this bill the more information one has the better they can make a decision on something thanks and i still believe that this law is flawed to the point that it is a set back not a step forward just wait for 2012 with Jerry running the show we will get a bill that is truly the legalization of mj ...Hell its just my opinion you don't have to agree with it but its mine and im keeping it

Last edited:

Oldstonerguy

The demand for high quality weed is always strong and it will be no different after Prop 19 passes. Where there is a demand, there will be a supply. Guaranteed.

Great weed will be just as available as 'fine wine' is.

Don't be fooled.

I'm voting Yes on Prop 19.

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
some people would only be happy with this bill if it said, weeds legal.... do what ever you want!

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
dag if you check the dates of the 2 posts you will see the first was made some time ago when myself like so many had no clue to the meat and potatoes of this bill and only herd the words LEGAL WEED since then i took a lot of time reading over what the bill really is and found it aint what is claims to be that is my reason for changing my view on this bill the more information one has the better they can make a decision on something thanks and i still believe that this law is flawed to the point that it is a set back not a step forward just wait for 2012 with Jerry running the show we will get a bill that is truly the legalization of mj ...Hell its just my opinion you don't have to agree with it but its mine and im keeping it

please explain what you dont like about 19. many people have misinterpreted 19 on several occasions and maybe we can sset you on the right path. 19 isnt perfect, but its definatly a step forward, not a step back.

Devilboy

ok 1st of i will not be personally effected by prop 19 i am a disabled medical under prop215 ..
ok on prop 19 where i find major flaws are 1 making it criminal offense for a 20 year old who passes a joint{regardless of the new law this should not be in this } this part of {19} i find a moral problem i cant in good faith votes yes for any law that makes a crime outta passing a joint for any person.
2nd this law is designed for the oakstrandam and other large scale commercial vendors it is set up so that they can get rich {hell mr lee wrote need i say more}
3rd i fell that this will raise the cost of quality meds since no1 but clubs are able under this law to to sell mj at all {now i dont want to see street coners full of people selling 5 sacks at all but the idea of these wallmart style canibis clubs makes me a lil sick
4th your going to have every1 and there mother growing some bullshit in a 5x5 in there back yard which will increase the amount of robbery's of homes {alot of lazy ass no good people with tons of targets now}which will lead to more cases like the recent one down in Fresno which cost 2 life's the one of the punk who was killed trying to steal and the one of the man protecting his garden who will now be spending the better part of the rest of his life behind bars i just think its a bad idea ..require a class on growing and security and what you can and cant do to protect your garden before you are allowed to set up shop...
this law has too many holes and bad ideas in it if the great minds we have leading the way for truly legal mj and the walmarts like mr lee all sat down and got together and wrote a well written law that was more clear and truly made mj legal for all i think in 2012 we would have some thing that we all could agree on and would make mj truly legal..
i respect others choice and opinions on this issue but i do believe that if this law passes it will shut the door on better laws since there will no longer be a need for {legal weed} even though this law only gives us half ass legal weed..now once again as i say this my beliefs on this i could be wrong i could be right but all i can do is follow what my heart and mind tell me and they say wait for a better law in 2012 hell we have waited this long what is 2 more years for all we know the fed could get wise by then and make mj truly legal i will looking forward to to reading more of every ones opinions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts