What's new

Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBudBill

BHT....Don't spend the energy, you know where this is going. Smoke a bowl instead and while you are doing it, be glad you made that choice instead of retorting that. You'll be glad you did.

Herborizer

Veteran
ok 1st of i will not be personally effected by prop 19 i am a disabled medical under prop215 ..

Thank you for pointing that out. So many of the "no" voters seem to think that their 215 rights will go away after 19 is passed, which is complete rubbish. Thank you.

ok on prop 19 where i find major flaws are 1 making it criminal offense for a 20 year old who passes a joint{regardless of the new law this should not be in this } this part of {19} i find a moral problem i cant in good faith votes yes for any law that makes a crime outta passing a joint for any person.
2nd this law is designed for the oakstrandam and other large scale commercial vendors it is set up so that they can get rich {hell mr lee wrote need i say more}
3rd i fell that this will raise the cost of quality meds since no1 but clubs are able under this law to to sell mj at all {now i dont want to see street coners full of people selling 5 sacks at all but the idea of these wallmart style canibis clubs makes me a lil sick

1-3 are true today. As in RIGHT NOW, your points 1-3 are true today. Prop 19 will only make these issues better.

4th your going to have every1 and there mother growing some bullshit in a 5x5 in there back yard which will increase the amount of robbery's of homes {alot of lazy ass no good people with tons of targets now}which will lead to more cases like the recent one down in Fresno which cost 2 life's the one of the punk who was killed trying to steal and the one of the man protecting his garden who will now be spending the better part of the rest of his life behind bars i just think its a bad idea ..require a class on growing and security and what you can and cant do to protect your garden before you are allowed to set up shop...

Well if everyone has a 5x5, wouldn't it reduce crime? Everyone has a TV in their house, but does this increase crime? I say not. I actually think it will reduce crime because Cannabis grows will not be rare, rather too common that criminals will loose the desire to go after smaller grows. Instead, they will focus on bigtime grows and how to rob them.

Hopefully that provides another perspective.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
some people would only be happy with this bill if it said, weeds legal.... do what ever you want!

That is CA's attitude towards strawberries, tomatoes, oranges, peaches, limes, lemons, almonds, chili peppers, garlic and tons of other non-poisonous agriculture products.

Tax and regulate it the same as all other non-toxic ag products seems reasonable.

Shouldn't ALL people be happy with "this is a flower do what ever you want"?

:joint:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
require a class on growing and security and what you can and cant do to protect your garden before you are allowed to set up shop...

this is as close to answering the fucking question as ive seen you come.

what in your mind would be a prop that TRULY FREES MARIJUANA?

i only know that part of your idea of freedom is a government mandated course in growing and security before you can plant a seed.

please do explain what you mean by truly legal?

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
That is CA's attitude towards strawberries, tomatoes, oranges, peaches, limes, lemons, almonds, chili peppers, garlic and tons of other non-poisonous agriculture products.

Tax and regulate it the same as all other non-toxic ag products seems reasonable.

a: never gonna happen
b:they do regulate production of all those products.
c:smoking garlic just dont get the job done..

marijuana is not "just a flower" otherwise we would all smoke roses.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
a: never gonna happen
b:they do regulate production of all those products.
c:smoking garlic just dont get the job done..

marijuana is not "just a flower" otherwise we would all smoke roses.

A) It easily could, might take mexico and some South American countries to do it first, but CA could easily do it.

B) Ok, so it is done and can be done. This product is no different.

C) I'll take your word for it.

Roses aren't just a flower, otherwise we'd all grow milk weed plants for their beauty.

Big D

icmagic
Veteran

absolutely! But that is never going to happen. I have never been for taxation and regulation but in reality the taxes are the incentive, without the money there would be no bill. And to be honest the people that are making money off MMJ are the ones that have showed how much money there is to be made and ultimately brought the wolves to the door. They are no different than the ones that are coming after this passes... and they are coming. The most important thing to me is when this passes (and it will pass) all around the world the news will report California Legalizes Marijuana! And that will open the discussion everywhere!

It takes baby steps!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
in the united states a MAMO substance like MJ will never be treated like garlic. nor should it be.

Don't know what MAMO means; however just for these last 80 years has MJ been treated this way, for the 150 years prior to that MJ and garlic were treated equally.

Nor should it be? Please enlighten us on why these last 80 years of prohibition helps us understand that it SHOULD NOT have been free for the first 150 years?

To Big D's point on taxes, collecting a retail tax is very easy for the state. They do it on every dozen roses sold. As a society we don't seem to mind that roses are taxed; however we don't send police thugs after entrepreneurial guys selling roses or oranges at freeway off ramps and corners. CA gets most of their taxes, but not all and there is NO need for extra pigs or rules.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Don't know what MAMO means; however just for these last 80 years has MJ been treated this way, for the 150 years prior to that MJ and garlic were treated equally.

Nor should it be? Please enlighten us on why these last 80 years of prohibition helps us understand that it SHOULD NOT have been free for the first 150 years?

there used to be marijuana candy for children.
cocaine was an over the counter tonic.
laudnum was treated like garlic.
humans were treated like animals.

MAMA(typo) Mind And Mood Altering.

nor should it be?

a 5 year old can buy garlic at the local grocer.

nor should they be...
get it?

or do you advocate stoned toddlers as well as diddled teenagers?

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
damnit!!!
the friggin unions and faux news both were just positive about 19 on the tv!!!!

now ive got to be a no!!!!

i cant side with the unions AND faux news!!! my head will splode!!!

BigBudBill

nor should it be?

nor should they be...
get it?

Bet he dances around that one. Good points. As much as they want to try to play "its so harmless, everyone should have free access" idealism, it's good to keep these reality checks in place. Good job.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran

nor should it be?

nor should they be...
get it?

If there was in the past MJ candy for kids and or MJ based cold remedies how is that proof they were bad?

Cocaine over the counter probably not good for most people, but were the "Societal Costs" more expensive than this war on drugs?

Humans WERE treated like animals? If so animal treatment was because of these items listed on the current drug schedules?

How about we agree that this is an adult flower. Spray paint, bbs for kids guns, playboy magazine, model glue, and a few other items are sold only to adults in CA. I'm fine with this flower being treated the same way ca does the sale of playboy. They can collect their sales tax at point of sale just as they do with the magazine.

Do you advocate imprisoning parents who chose to use MJ based meds if they think it best for their kids? On the age of consent for sex the Penn and Teller show "Bullshit" did a good job explaining it. Again at what age can a person choose to have sex with out you imposing a prison sentence on their partner? If a 17 year old boy sleeps with a 25 year old woman, should we pay to imprison the 25 year old? Where is your line?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
That's pretty funny! It definitely is good for laughs.

I think there should be a site that lists small towns WalMart has eaten. It would be good for a sob or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.