Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I think it would be a worthwhile trade if it would do away with the bullshit of 6-week old evidence being used against you.

No you get screwed both ways. It will equal drugged driving in all states and only in CA will the time matter for employment, in all other states you'll still be screwed for using illegal drugs at any point.

That is why I said it was very scary thought if they had such a test.

:joint:

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Pretty sweeping statement. Why do you think it is impossible to develop this in the future?

i remember on one of these prop 19 threads, they are already implemented in Europe.....

the person was talking about investing in the company because the test is coming to the USA......

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i remember on one of these prop 19 threads, they are already implemented in Europe.....

the person was talking about investing in the company because the test is coming to the USA......

I remember that to. It was a mouth swab if I remember correctly.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dam the thread just took off. If cannabis ever gets to the point where its like opiates then they can see your recommendation this will show that cannabis will be in your system all the time and eliminate cannabis from the test. If your a recreational user there is nothing that you can use at your employment. The test wont tell them if u had a spliff at lunch or last Thursday. I hope that u understsand that lol

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Pretty sweeping statement. Why do you think it is impossible to develop this in the future?

How can they? its impossible. it lays withen your fat. only reason your blood finds it from the fat cells it passes. and there are a million of things that cause a false test. and they will never be able to pinpoint the TIME you actually smoked. Rather at midnight the night before. or that morning, and its 13 hours later. heres an article from NORML. im essence, its impossible for them to prove it, as it metabolizes in your blood stream.

Marijuana Detection Time Shorter Than Previously Assumed

Share This Page
February 23, 2006 - Columbia, MO, USA

Columbia, MO: The length of time cannabis metabolites may be detected, on average, on a standard urine screen is typically no longer than ten days for chronic users and between 3-4 days for infrequent users, according to a literature review published in the current issue of the journal Drug Court Review.

"Recent scientific literature indicates that it is uncommon for occasional marijuana smokers to test positive for cannabinoid [metabolites] in urine for longer than seven days" at 20 ng/ml or above on the EMIT (Enzyme Multiplied Immunoassay Technique) test, the author concludes. "Following smoking cessation, chronic smokers would not be expected to remain positive for longer than 21 days, even when using the 20 ng/ml cannabinoid cutoff."

When tested at the 50 ng/ml cutoff threshold, infrequent users typically test negative for the presence of marijuana metabolites within 3-4 days, while heavy users typically test negative by ten days after ceasing use, the study found.

While several clinical trials from the 1980's found cannabis metabolites to be identifiable in the urine at low concentrations for longer periods of time, particularly in heavy users, the author suggests that more advanced drug-testing technology has narrowed this window of detection.

"As cannabinoid screening tests evolved, these improved assays became more selective in the manner in which they detected marijuana metabolites," the author writes. "As detection specificity increased, the length of time cannabinoids were being detected in urine decreased. ... Therefore, the results of cannabinoid elimination investigations performed in the 1980's may no longer be applicable to estimating the detection window for marijuana in urine using today¹s testing methodologies."

After reviewing data from more recent clinical investigations of chronic marijuana smokers, the author reports that the "average detection window for cannabinoids in urine at the lowest cutoff concentration of 20 ng/ml was just 14 days." However, the author also notes that a minority of subjects continue to test positive for cannabis metabolites after 28 days, even when tested by more advanced drug-testing technology.

Approximately 55 million drug screens are performed annually in the United States. The majority of these are workplace urinalysis tests, which detect the presence of drug metabolites (inert byproducts produced after a substance is metabolized by the body), but not the substance itself. Consequently, the US Department of Justice affirms that a positive drug test result for the presence of a drug metabolite "does not indicate ... recency, frequency, or amount of use; or impairment."

For more information, please contact Paul Armentano, NORML Senior Policy Analyst, at (202) 483-5500. Full text of the study, "The marijuana detection window: Determining the length of time cannabinoids will remain detectable in urine following smoking," is available online at: http://www.ncdi.org/ndcirpub.html

list of things that cause false Positives.

Over-the-counter NSAIDS: lbuprofen; Advil, Nuprin, Mediprim, Motrin, Bayer Select Pain Relief Formula, Excedrin IB Caplets, Genpril, Haltran, lbuprin, Midol 200, Pamprin, Trendar Cramp Relief Formula, Cramp End Tablets, Medipren, Rufln, Naproxen, Aleve, Ketoprofen, Orudis KT. Prescription NSAIDS: Anaprox, Tolectin, ifenoprofen, flurbiprofen, oxaprozin, Ansaid, Clinoril, Dolobid, Feldene, Indocin, Lodine, Meclomen, Motrin, Nalfon, Naprosyn, Orudis, Relafen, Voltaren. Over-the-counter allergy preparations, sleep aids and antinausea medications that contain promethazine: Phenergan, Promethegan. Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Dronabinol, Edecrin.

How are drugs detected in a hair follicle

Radioimmunoassay of Hair

A simple scientific fact: drugs, which are ingested, circulate in a person's bloodstream which nourishes the developing hair follicle.

Trace amounts of the drugs become entrapped in the core of the hair shaft in amounts roughly proportional to those ingested. These traces remain in the hair as it grows out from the head at a rate of approximately one-half inch per month.

A person's drug usage history can be obtained from the hair of any individual. Drug use can be detected from months, even years past, depending on the length of the sample.

Standard tests currently provide a 90 day history of drug use.

Radioimmunoassay of Hair test is a proven drug testing procedure which not only detects if drugs of abuse have been used, but also provides information in the quantity of drugs consumed by an individual and the historic pattern of drug use. This type of information is not available from any other drug-screening procedure.

The Radioimmunoassay hair testing process was pioneered in 1977 by Annette Baumgartner and Dr. Werner Baumgartner.

Over ten years of research funded by the United States Navy, the Veteran's Administration, the American Society for Industrial Security and the National Institute of Justice on thousands of subjects has proven that drugs deposited in the hair can be measured by radioimmunoassay and ultrasensitive gas chromatography/mass spectrometry procedures.

There have been over 75 scientific publications worldwide, including reports from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the U.S. Navy.

5 to 10 times as many drug abusers are accurately identified with the Radioimmunoassay hair test.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How can they? its impossible. it lays withen your fat. etc etc.

The mouth swab, for instance, could check for residue in the mouth. I would be very surprised if there isn't something that they can tie the breakdown of to a time gradient at some point. When I was a kid, Dick Tracy's wrist communicators were pretty far fetched. Now everyone has one.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dam the thread just took off. If cannabis ever gets to the point where its like opiates then they can see your recommendation this will show that cannabis will be in your system all the time and eliminate cannabis from the test. If your a recreational user there is nothing that you can use at your employment. The test wont tell them if u had a spliff at lunch or last Thursday. I hope that u understsand that lol
A variation of this is already in place. The DEA has forced the issue for pain patients to be tested to make sure that they aren't diverting their drugs. Without a rec, you can be kicked out of the program for using a "street drug". With a rec, you are fine.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran

The cutoff level for most oral swabs for THC is 50ng/ml, similar to many standard urine tests. Most manufactures state 7-10 days for an infrequent user, longer for a chronic, heavy user, some state up to 30 days, although most say around 21 days from last use for a heavy user. Saliva testing has become rather sophisicated and very accurate. Expect to see this method employed more in the future.

so once again, like a urine test. they can never pin point when you used it!!!!!!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_accurate_is_the_swab_test_for_marijuana

How to pass mouth swab test

I want everyone to pass. To do this I need your help! Please be honest. I've already done tests myself. This will help ease the stress on you Saliva Testers'.

This is what I would do if I had to take a Saliva test.
1) Stay away from MJ for at least 24 to 48 hours. 72 hours is the best.
2) The day of the test you should clean your mouth big time, brush, gargle, and floss.
3) You should take Altoid Mints up to test time. They might ask you about mint intake, say "NO".
4) Wait to get the notice from your new employer on start time.
5) If they fail to call within 7 days, call them.
6) Please use the Poll Too! Wait Till You Pass

Be sure to eat RED Meat It Helps everytime, a natural source for Creatine!!!!!!

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
so now ive covered all hair, blood and mouth swabs. and it all uses the same test on how to detect marijuana. same unit and everything THC is 50ng/ml being the highest and most sensitive of all test.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
and regarding Arnold new bill he signed, doesn't change much but its a start

and regarding Arnold new bill he signed, doesn't change much but its a start

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4525

California current laws.

Possession
28.5 g or less misdemeanor none $100
More than 28.5 g misdemeanor 6 months $500
28.5 g or less on school grounds while school open (over 18 yers old) misdemeanor 10 days $500
More than 28.5 g on school grounds while school open (over 18 yers old) misdemeanor 6 months $500
Cultivation
Any amount (exception for patients or caregivers) felony 16 - 36 months none
Sale
Gift of less than 28.5 g misdemeanor none $100
Any amount felony
2 - 4 years
none
28.5 g or less by a minor misdemeanor none $250
Any amount to a minor over 14 years old felony 3 - 5 years none
Any amount to a minor under 14 years old (includes offering, inducing, distributing, or employing) felony
3 - 7 years
none
Miscellaneous (paraphernalia, license suspensions, drug tax stamps, etc...)
Any conviction of minor under 21 causes driver's license suspension for 1 year.
Details

Possession of 28.5 grams or less of marijuana is not an arrestable offense. As long as the offender can provide sufficient identification and promises to appear in court, the officer will not arrest the offender. Upon conviction of the misdemeanor charge the offender is subject to a fine of $100. Possession of greater than 28.5 grams is punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $500.

Proposition 36
The Substance Abuse and Crime Prevention Act passed by 61% in 2000

Possession of 28.5 grams or less of marijuana on school grounds when the school is open is punishable by up to 10 days in jail and a $500 fine. Possession of greater than 28.5 grams or more of marijuana in a school zone is punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $500.

The cultivation or processing of any amount of marijuana is punishable by up to sixteen months in state prison. There is an exception to the cultivation prohibition for patients or patients’ caregivers who possess or cultivate for personal use by the patient upon approval of a physician.

The laws regarding possession and cultivation of marijuana do not apply to patients or patients’ primary caregivers who possess or cultivate marijuana for the personal medical use of the patient, upon the recommendation or approval of a physician.

Selling marijuana in any amount is punishable by 2 – 4 years in the state prison. Giving away less than 28.5 grams is a misdemeanor and is punishable by a fine of up to $100.

Sale of marijuana to a minor is punishable by 3 – 5 years in prison.

For anyone under the age of 21 convicted of any of the above offenses, the state may suspend the offender’s driver’s license for up to one year.

Possession of paraphernalia is a civil fine of $200-$300 for the first offense and goes up to $5,000-$6,000 for a fifth or subsequent violation within a five-year periood.

A breakdown of CA county and local medical marijuana guidelines is available here: http://www.safeaccessnow.net/countyguidelines.htm.

Decriminalization: The state has decriminalized marijuana to some degree. Typically, decriminalization means no prison time or criminal record for first-time possession of a small amount for personal consumption. The conduct is treated like a minor traffic violation.

Medical marijuana: This state has medical marijuana laws enacted. Modern research suggests that cannabis is a valuable aid in the treatment of a wide range of clinical applications. These include pain relief, nausea, spasticity, glaucoma, and movement disorders. Marijuana is also a powerful appetite stimulant and emerging research suggests that marijuana's medicinal properties may protect the body against some types of malignant tumors, and are neuroprotective. For more information see NORML's Medical Marijuana section.

Hemp: This state has an active hemp industry or has authorized research. Hemp is a distinct variety of the plant species cannabis sativa L. that contains minimal (less than 1%) amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. Various parts of the plant can be utilized in the making of textiles, paper, paints, clothing, plastics, cosmetics, foodstuffs, insulation, animal feed, and other products. For more information see NORML's Industrial Use section.

Also see Federal Laws

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
so now ive covered all hair, blood and mouth swabs. and it all uses the same test on how to detect marijuana. same unit and everything THC is 50ng/ml being the highest and most sensitive of all test.

Well if they approve these mouth swabs "chronic smokers" which I hope all of us are, will be screwed for drugged driving if we smoked in the last 10 or 11 days! WTF WTF WTF!

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Existing technology. It certainly doesn't cover future developments.

BigBudBill

The biggest and most important change is not that the(Leno SB) sentences have changed, but rather the classification to an infraction, thereby maintaining student federal aid eligibility to those who would be denied otherwise for a minor drug offense, no matter the petty fine dished out.

Until now rapists,child molesters,murders etc could get a Pell grant, but not those convicted of the misdemeanor $100 fine crime.

Please, let's not minimize this effect.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry I'm not a chronic smoker thank god. .5 grams a day or none sometimes. I get totally blitzed when I smoke and I like it like that. Having to smoke a spliff to get medicated is not what I would want

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Sorry I'm not a chronic smoker thank god. .5 grams a day or none sometimes. I get totally blitzed when I smoke and I like it like that. Having to smoke a spliff to get medicated is not what I would want

Pretty sure 1/8th a week counts as chronic smoker. Having none on some days is also a sign of a chronic smoker.

Having NONE on most days then you might be an occasional smoker, but most of us here are chronic smokers, yourself included.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I might have a 1/8 last months. I still have bud from 2008. That's fine if you think 1/8 a week or less constitutes a chronic smoker I dont agree.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Existing technology. It certainly doesn't cover future developments.

future developments will be more likely if its Illegal, as they want to bust you even MORE. vs legal, and waste your money.

They can not detect WHEN or HOW LONG ITS BEEN since you smoked, unless they were right there watching you. End of story!!!

if they could, they would already!

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Uh, pretty sure it made this an infraction, because the misdemeanor still allowed for a jury trial.

yeah i said that earlier. but i will repeat it. only change is its a infraction, its not on your record. Thats all!

you never get probation, you dont go to jail exept maybe on multiple offenses.

But its still a step in the right direction.

Well if they approve these mouth swabs "chronic smokers" which I hope all of us are, will be screwed for drugged driving if we smoked in the last 10 or 11 days! WTF WTF WTF!

They can do the same with blood test for up to 45 days. whats your point? no they cant use that against you or they already would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts