What's new

Vintage Colombian

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many more stories of yesterdays glories and soon many new ones as we go into the future. I'm narrowing in on the farm and hopefully have some rare old Colombian plants to show soon.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Uchi part 2

Uchi part 2

I guess it is strange but I have somehow intertwined my passion for cannabis with my passion for women. For me cannabis is not a drug at all, I never tire of learning about her even after weeks of not ingesting her. I do like all plants and how they grow but cannabis is so much more than a plant she is special medical. It’s much more than that though she connects me to the time in my life when I was young and the world seemed new and unexplored. A time when love was so real and overwhelming, when music was more than a sound. Somehow when I taste the Colombian (weed) I teleport back to that special time and relive those early years of my life. I want to go there now.
attachment.php

Sunday morning after my first night with Uchi, I woke up freezing with sunlight shining in my eyes, Last night I had cranked up the air before we went to bed and now it was cold in the house. Uchi was sound asleep so I put on my jeans and flip flops and went into the living room grabbing one of the joints I had rolled out of the lumbo I thought was killer before tasting Uchi’s. Outside the Texas heat was already baking the countryside but it felt good after the freezing air conditioned house. I sat down in a lawn chair and put fire to the joint. The smoke was rich and aromatic but harsh making me cough. I felt better immediately, I had a bit of a hangover but the joint was taking good care of it. I started thinking about Uchi and her stories about Colombia and I began to dream about the lush green hills there. I thought about the firmness of Uchi’s body and her silk like skin. I heard a noise behind me and when I turned around to look Uchi was coming out of the door wearing a big t-shirt (my dad’s) and nothing else. She squealed with delight as she leaped into my lap kissing me deeply. I smelled her perfume and scented hair as she caressed my body with hers. The demon had awoken and was over riding every other sense. Uchi asked me for a hit off the half joint I had forgotten in my hand. Yes of course and I re lit it for her. She took a hit it once and threw it on the ground again calling it shit. Then she jumped off my lap and ran back into the house to retrieve the other pin joint she had brought. Somehow she was able to bring a good bit of this super weed with her from Colombia. Not just weed had come with her, she also as I found out later had brought some of Colombia’s other export Cocaine.
attachment.php

I was into everything back then but coke was expensive and I’d only had it once or twice before. She opened the little vile and poured a good bit on to her hand, snorting it directly from there. She repeated for me but when I snorted it made me cough and the whole side of my head went instantly numb. The coke was strong, much purer than any I had before and the next thing I knew I was carrying her back to bed. I was like turbo charged and penetration much to our delight was quick and painless (for her). It was the best sex in my life (so far) and after we had a cig and I made her some breakfast and we ate. But we were far from sated and after we smoked half of her other little joint we were back at it. I was a machine taking her and I to orgasmic bliss. Uchi fell back into a deep sleep but I went back outside (it was still chilly in house) and smoked the half joint she had thrown on the ground earlier. It had little effect after smoking hers but I felt like the king of the world. After the joint I lit a cig and was reliving our sexual encounter in my head when I heard a car coming up the driveway. My folks weren’t due back for a couple days so I went around the house to see who it was. My Uncle had a brand new Chevy truck and it was him coming to see if I was alright and to get something from the house. I greeted him and asked if he wanted a cup of coffee and we went in the house. My Uncle didn’t smoke but he was cool and sat down on the couch while I made some coffee. He looked at the wine glasses on the coffee table and joking said, you get drunk last night? Then all of a sudden Uchi burst into the room wearing only the t-shirt again. My Uncle’s eyes about popped out of his head as he saw her. I introduced her and got coffee for us all. Uchi was not shy at all but went to put some clothes on anyway. When she was out of the room my Uncle grinned at me saying you little devil then punching me in the arm. I asked him not to say anything to mum and he said our little secret and headed out the door. I jumped in the shower, Uchi following me and got her back to the airport. Uchi gave me a kiss in the car before going into the complex and said I want to see you that tonight. Of course I agreed and watched her walk into the entrance. Then I noticed she had forgotten the little vile full of cocaine in my car. I didn’t go back home that day.

More to come.

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vintage High Times

Vintage High Times

Here is a great story from High Times

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

red

Last edited:

JointOperation

u dudes ever notice when u see pics of older strains that were grown back in the day.. the nugs always look premature.. always picked early? never allowed to fully swell and shit..

they always look that way.. im sure it has something to do with either the light it was grown under.. or when it was pulled.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
thanks for the pictures & "time travel", RR. I can still remember the redbud from Columbia hitting here. it went for $35 or $40 an ounce, and I can remember guys moaning & bitching about how they were "never going to pay that much money just for an ounce of pot, no matter how good it was", LOL! same folks these days pay anywhere from $250 to $400 per bag, and I don't think it is as good as the redbud from back then...:tiphat:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Harvest time

Harvest time

u dudes ever notice when u see pics of older strains that were grown back in the day.. the nugs always look premature.. always picked early? never allowed to fully swell and shit..

they always look that way.. im sure it has something to do with either the light it was grown under.. or when it was pulled.

Hi JointOperation, I agree with you 100%. The old buds were pulled early and usually bricked before dried all the way and exported. Homegrown was leaves and worthless unless it was dry. However the primo Colombian was most times not compressed too much and was full seedless flowers, swollen in the strong equatorial sun. Also most was pure sativa and wispy in nature anyway.

Rinse

Veteran
Ah the finer things in life, great writing red.

I was reading up on Punto Rojo and found this article by Franco which is good read:

"Punto Rojo is considered the highest grade cannabis in the country, a slim sativa that grows above 800 meters on the sea level, and up to 2000 meters. The plants are tall, slender, with long branches growing almost horizontally, parallel to the ground. The internode is long and stretchy, but stalks are thick and capable of supporting heavy weights. The leaves are lime-green, with long non-overlapping leaflets and very sharp edges. The flowering time is quite long, but the tropical location allows multiple crops per year. Buds start forming as the plants reach the meter of size, and continue to develop and ripe for 10-12 weeks. The resin is produced in large amounts and has a typical thickness, forming a uniform coating all over the buds. The Punto Rojo smells fruity, like lime and mango, and has a very distinct woody background like most highland sativas from the south American continent. Smoking the Punto Rojo is a unique experience, even for the experienced stoner. Already at the second or third puff the creeping effect starts, delivering a powerful psychedelic high, fast hitting and long-lasting. It is a rush-high that has a very social side to it, stimulating and very funny. It is considered unrivalled in quality by many artists and by more mature smokers.

Many people tried to grow the Punto Rojo indoors after collecting seeds and bringing them abroad, but the potency can never be replicated. There is something in the sun that activates a whole different range of terpenes and cannabinoids in the resin, and in combination with the rich Colombian soil it is a very powerful cocktail. It is a combination of natural factors that ensures the top potency.

The fields of Punto Rojo are often hidden deep into the forest, in remote rural areas, directly under the control of the cartels or the guerrilla troops. Seeds are planted during the wet season by the farmers. Each square meter of field is planted with hundreds of seedlings, so nature selects the strongest ones. At the end of the crop there will be only 4-6 plants per square meter, sometimes less. They grow very dense, branching into each other and forming thick bushes, sometimes reaching 3 meters of height or more. The total production of Punto Rojo represents a small part of the cannabis coming out of Colombia, and it is considered the top of the line when it comes to quality. The price per kilogram on the market is higher than any other local strain, and fluctuates according to the production and the availability.

Of all the names of landraces that became popular in the 1970s, Punto Rojo is surely one of the few that survived untouched, unspoiled, and still thriving on the international markets. The quality has been preserved, the flavor is still the same, as many old-school smoker can tell. Perhaps the fact that the genetics are in the hands of real guerrilla growers helped."

956be7df48cb4daccdabe43ec803288f.jpg

Full Article here: http://forums.strainhunters.com/sit...s/landraces/colombia-colombian-punto-rojo-r24

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
$35 a lid?

$35 a lid?

thanks for the pictures & "time travel", RR. I can still remember the redbud from Columbia hitting here. it went for $35 or $40 an ounce, and I can remember guys moaning & bitching about how they were "never going to pay that much money just for an ounce of pot, no matter how good it was", LOL! same folks these days pay anywhere from $250 to $400 per bag, and I don't think it is as good as the redbud from back then...:tiphat:

I remember that too, in fact I was one of those guys saying I would never pay $40 a lid (oz). But I did and then came "sinsemilla" and it was $100 an oz sold in 1/4s WTF. However I remember Thai stick was always expensive, more so then some hash. I think one time I paid $25 for a stick and not a big stick either, maybe 3 or 4 pinners. But man that stuff was unreal, one or two hits could put an elephant on a rocket ride!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know for years I’ve read online that Santa Marta Gold was actually an indica imported from Afghanistan by Colombian drug lords to create a “super weed” for export. When I’ve grown it out it grew like an equatorial sativa and the effect is nothing like a traditional indica. Do you guys think there’s any truth in that? Do you think it started as an indica and “acclimated” into a long flowering sativa over the years? What is your opinion about this exotic treat?

merc500

the columbian of old was landrace columbian sativa. the red just better seed grown by better growers. thai stick may have been more potent but nothing compared to the top notch columbian as far as taste and aromas

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
I grew it back in the 70's and it was all NLD no signs of WLD, at least in the the Gold Colombian I had.
Did not see my first WLD till late 70's, in Humboldt.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Psychoactive NLD varieties apparently first came to the West Indies from India with indentured Indian Laborers following the abolition of slavery in the British colonies in 1834 (Rubin and Comitas 1975) along with the technique of cultivating ganja, or seedless Cannabis flowers.
Indian NLD varieties became acclimatized to New World conditions and may have hybridized with European NLH varieties introduced earlier during Phase 3 dispersal, although modern taxonomic studies have not yet revealed this genetic history.
In any event, South Asian NLD Cannabis evolved under the differing selective pressures of newly introduced environments and cultures into the NLD varieties traditionally found in the Caribbean, Colombia, Central America, and Mexico. Colombian varieties resemble Indian NLD types in their well-branched pyramidal profile, leaf morphology, and floral anatomy, while Mexican varieties exhibit some traits possibly inherited from European NLH such as taller, more slender profile and lighter green foliage.
From Cannabis: Evolution and Ethnobotany (Robert C. Clarke and Mark D. Merlin)
I highly recommend this book. so much info in it.

i have heard that in the late 80s an early 90s dif folks from dif cartels where shoing up in amsterdam looking for seeds and genetics.buying breifcases full of seeds an then going back to wherever they came from ie.mexico columbia gautamala.ive grown bag seed from before then and some from the 2000s an the sativa traits of bagseed has diminished.ive grown bag seed a few years ago that looked indica had hardly any stretch and finnished well in a northern climate.i know that the seed came from merch and it blew me away.then some of the plants looked 50 50 mix indica sativa.all in all redryder is lucky to be where its still sorta pure.i finnally got a 20 plus old bag seed to sprout im wicked excited to see what it does.it took almost 2 weeks to pop and only one popped outta 25 or so that i germed.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I can still remember the redbud from Columbia hitting here. it went for $35 or $40 an ounce, and I can remember guys moaning & bitching about how they were "never going to pay that much money just for an ounce of pot, no matter how good it was", LOL!
Yep, $40 was the going rate for the red bud. People would piss and moan but soon call back to see if they could get more, lol. Actually it was probably underpriced for what it was but the market wasn't ready for the sticker shock. My only regret was not saving seed but who knew.

Thanks for bringing back the memories red rider.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi Red Rider,

You hit the nail on the head for me with this:

"connects me to the time in my life when I was young and the world seemed new and unexplored"

That is the main point of my explanation of what I think trippy weed is.

You know for years I’ve read online that Santa Marta Gold was actually an indica imported from Afghanistan by Colombian drug lords to create a “super weed” for export. When I’ve grown it out it grew like an equatorial sativa and the effect is nothing like a traditional indica. Do you guys think there’s any truth in that? Do you think it started as an indica and “acclimated” into a long flowering sativa over the years? What is your opinion about this exotic treat?

Your pictures of Punto Rojo are spot on what I remember as one of the best Colombians from my youth. I remember it tasting hashy, earthy, and like how balsam wood smells. The wood that I used to make glider airplanes out of when I was a kid.

Your C. Gold looks way different than what I remember we were getting. The stuff I remember was quite chunky and way more bright yellow in it. It wasn't just the pistils that looked golden, the entire bud was, calyxes, small leaves and all. Some batches were a mix of yellow, brown, red, and green. Imagine Punto Rojo, but with some significant yellow in there. If it was more than 20% yellow looking, we called it Gold. It was the color you would notice if looking at the bag from afar.

The only other time I saw weed that was almost all yellow in color was a Thai Stick. Most Thai Stick was a mix of army green and curing to a golden brownish to milk chocolate brownish, with the wispiest buds wrapped on a stick. Once it was pure gold. The gold stick was as good as the rest, but not noticeably better.

I had read somewhere that the C. Gold was actually a Lebanese strain mixed with a good Mexican and brought to Colombia when they started spraying Paraquat defoliant on the Mexican fields. Very tasty and lung expanding stuff, as most of the good Colombian strains were.

The first pure Indicas I smoked were the only rivals of Colombian tastiness. They were even more hashy and lung expanding. It is funny to me that 95% of the Sativa x Indica crosses lost the clean up highs of the Sativas, and the tastiness of the pure Indicas. In my opinion, we wound up with the worst of both worlds in the constant crossings of these heirloom strains, with the exception of the Lebanese x Mex. cross if true, which is why I'm so glad you have a passion for preserving heirloom Colombian strains.

I hope you don't mind, I am currently growing one of the more golden looking strains I have ever had. I'd like to peacock a bit by posting it here:

picture.php

This picture is of a mostly Thai strain, with rumors of Colombian (gold?) in its ancestry.

Red - A still love this thread. Please tell us your Thai Stick story though.
:biggrin:

ThaiBliss

P.S. Betterhalf - I was one who put my foot down and didn't buy some great Colombian because it was $20.00 per lid. Everything was $15.00 per lid for years before that. I regretted it when I pinched a joint from my brother's bag and found out how good it was. That should tell you how old, and cheap, I am.

Jhhnn

Veteran
The red & gold colombian of the 70's was def NLD. It wasn't bricked, either, but came packed into burlap bags also used for coffee beans. Our sources brought it to us straight off the boat from Florida, later flown to CO in old airliners. They tipped off the feds when they left a super constellation parked on a mesa near Trinidad & were finally busted when they landed another at the Pueblo airport in bad weather w/ ~10 tons onboard, iirc.

We grew it & mexican seeds in various places in Pueblo County but the Colombian would never finish, even in good years when we let it stand until thanksgiving. Some of the Mexican would, probably stuff from Sinaloa & Chihuahua.

When it came to dispose of what the cops didn't steal from the airport bust, the cops decided to use a blast furnace at the steel mill. The mill had quit making steel from ore, so the furnace was cold, but they fired it up for the cops after piling up the weed within. When the cops left, the workers turned off the furnace, let it cool, pushed away the singed stuff on the top & made a lot of money... Later on, a guy fell from a ladder when picking buds off the inside, up high, finally won a workmen's comp claim because he wasn't being properly supervised when the accident occurred. I laughed my ass off.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great stuff, thanks for your valuable input. And I really like using the terms WLD (wide leaf drug) and NLD (narrow leaf drug) as it’s more fitting than sativa or indica. The Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta is huge and very remote area so much so that the Colombian government is almost nonexistent there. So I’m sure there’s remote pockets of land where cannabis cultivation has not been hybridized by outside genetics even today. In 2004 through 2006 I was getting periotic samples directly from The Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta. I asked my Colombian supplier specifically for Santa Marta gold a few times and the samples varied but were similar to the gold I got in the 70s-80s. The finished plants (flowers) I grew out in Bogota looked nothing like the mother samples and I attributed that to my early harvest and curing technique. The effect of my Bogota grown bud was much better than the mother sample but that might be due to my inflated ego from growing them.
ThaiBliss, I’m recollecting my story about one particular experience with the Thai stick. I know it was before I met the Colombian chick but I can’t recall if it was before or after the time we got lost in our neighborhood. We smoked some that night too but I went to a concert in this incident. Really didn’t see Thai very often at all in my circle, same thing with Hawaiian, maybe 3 or 4 times in my life. Oh the Hawaiian, man it was memorable too, I was told it came in a can. Thai stick and what not to do at a general admission AC/DC concert coming up next.

Peace from Colombia!

Latest posts

Latest posts