What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage Colombian

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombian women

Colombian women

RR I admire your love for the old colombians and plant in general. I really enjoyed reading your thread. I too have a dream of finding the gorgeous colombian woman to settle down with. I am very aware of their tempers, and stereotypical mood swings. Be safe man! Best of luck in your journeys, an I hope you get where you are going

attachment.php

Not my photo but this girl is from the coast (Cartagena?)

Your dream is much more reality then you may realize, I can think of at least 4 beautiful single Colombians looking for you off the top of my head. There are so many women here, much more than there are men. And most of them are strikingly beautiful, with everything a man could want. And you understand their negative traits and the culture here. All you need to do is make that connection and with the internet you got it. Don’t use a dating service and you will have your dream.

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes as a matter of fact I did and another woman (Colombian) before her. But it would be much better if you took a vacation in Cartagena or Santa Marta (very safe) and meet her in person. What I did about 12 years ago was got on ICQ and wrote a generic letter and sent it out to all the women listed that met all of my qualifications. Then I worked through the responses till I found her and then I came here. Now I know how safe it is in Cartagena and I would just go there and speed up the process.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombian Haze?

Colombian Haze?

I just had a thought, from 03-07 I grew out many imported seed (Indica) here just to see if the climate would make the plants better or different. But even though the finish bud was great I had nothing to compare it to (other than the Colombian). So what if I took a pure “worked” sativa and grew it out under perfect outdoor growing conditions here.

attachment.php

SMG (mother) Nirvana Afghan (father) 2007

How would it compare to the same plant grown indoors? Would the high altitude Colombian sunlight blister out more resin? Would the colors, smells and tastes improve? Very interesting.

Last edited:

Unclecrash

I always heard there is a lot of women over there. She's a beauty!! I have a plant from a seed It's from the late 70's early 80's I thought it was the redbud we were getting but I never labeled the seed's. Maybe you could help me Identify it. I forgot to add my plant by the fith node or so was growing 9blade leafs now im getting some 11 bladed leafs but they are tiny about the size of an average hand.

B

Bob Green

Fuck-n-a right! My man send us the Lumbo goods!

View Image
Santa Marta Gold grown out on my patio in Bogota 2006

I plan to grow the original elite Colombians here in their natural habitat. I have collected seed from known local locations and can verify their authenticity. I am only trying to find the perfect location to grow them out.

View Image
Santa Marta Gold Sinsemilla air dried jar cured 2006

I have two places mapped out at the moment. But tons and tons of Colombian cannabis was exported all over the world years ago. And even the bulk mass produced commercial grade bud was as good or better than any other weed around at the time. Now just imagine how good the elite stuff is that never leaves the farm much less the country. This is the top self quality that few gringos ever see and it's never exported. This is what I grow, this is what I want to share.

View Image
Sweet sticky pure Colombian Gold

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Feliz Año 2015 amigos

First seeds Ive ever sprouted of cannabis were Punto Rojo, most ppl here along the time who had brought seeds and grew them here in Spain were most mexicans and colombians due easy access to it. Apart of other africans called in general congo, brought by sailors. Also Argentina and other places in Southamerica was recieving those Punto Rojo which competed in local market with the best paraguayas in effect and quality as also friends who grew them long ago reported to me. We talk about 80-early 90's.

I heard about Mangobiche then, maybe early 90's but it wasnt from north, but more from the Cauca, Cali and so. Some other know guys here had grown them in Spain before and gave me good references about growing them here. Finally with another friend in Bogota we tested for several years a few Mangobiche batches which I finally brought here to work together best founded. But I ignore its origins, as far as I ignore real origins of Punto Rojo or reds in general there but Punto Rojo was best you could get for decades until short ago as Red Rider reports. Aromas are so homogeneus and always was better yielder than Punto Rojo, you can recognize it so easely due aromas. Could be a different line? Could be a cross with Punto Rojo? I dont know. Wish DNA job commented in other different threads may bring some clarity in near future

Fact is last decades were so complicated in the country due terrorism, violence, narco and so and always drugs were associated, cocaine, marihuana, opium... I have noticed a strong break of knowledge between colombian generations in terms of cannabis culture. New guys dont know much about older colombian weeds, were born already into the "hidro", the new stronger and more expensive weed, the cripa, the commercial weed sold today.

best vibes all
kaiki

Happy 2015 to you too maestro kaiki :)

Very good info! We are very lucky to have you around to share your experience with us!

Can't wait to try some of the pure colombians ;)

good vibes

Rinse

Veteran
I've often wondered what pure indica's would be like grown in the tropics, must be tasty for sure :yummy:
Also they must start budding pretty quick because of the long nights,
perfect balcony plants.

It is my dream to “work” these strains here in their native environment, inbreeding them to perfection. I know it’s a crazy dream but I have every intention to bring it to reality.

A great dream, and important work considering all the hybridizing taking place in traditional cannabis growing areas.
Actually its a rare thing to appreciate the older strains and their subtleties, takes a certain love for the herb and mental acuity, or put another way, most smokers don't care, seems herb is judged by bag appeal more than anything these days lol.

All the best with it.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last night

Last night

Greetings, here’s a Punto Rojo I started in 06 but never finished her. We had to move right when she started to flower and she was just too big to carry across town. The bud that plant came from was maybe the best Rojo I’ve ever had and she grew faster than any other strain I was growing at the time. I have not seen Punto Rojo here since 2006.
attachment.php

I would like to say that I grew very “low tech”, I don’t germ seed, I just stick it in non-prepared local soil and they sprout. I clone (and not just cannabis) by cutting off a small tip and sticking it in the soil. I’ve never had a plant not clone that way. Then I just make sure they have a big enough pots to grow in and stick them in the sun with rain water till done.
attachment.php

I’ve been on a break from smoking for a week or so, but last night I found one little bud from the fantastic Nobsa sample I had hidden. I couldn’t resists made about four good bong hits out of the little bud. I love this smell and particularly the taste inhale and exhale. The smoke doesn’t expand as much as most finer Colombians but still makes me cough a little. I feel this right on contact and last night I really caught a buzz fast. I didn’t know I felt bad before I smoked but suddenly my whole body relaxed down to the bone like after a good massage. Then my mood shifted from serious two dimensional, to warm three dimensional and I started feeling that “coming on to something good feeling”.

attachment.php

I wanted to go out and it was only like 7 PM so I grabbed the kids and walked over (one block) to our nice little neighborhood park. It was a little chilly but the kids were happy to get to go to the park at that time. This park is well lit and very clean. There were some young people there as I started pushing the kids in the swings. My kids were born in Colombia but they lived the first 4 years of their lives in NE Georgia. Now they are native bi-lingual and speak both Spanish and English perfectly. I don’t speak Spanish well so the kids always speak English with me. So we are playing and I’m really enjoying the buzz not thinking about loud we are speaking English, when I notice three junior high aged girls staring at us all wide eyed and giggly. This happens all the time and I start asking the girls how much English they speak. At first nothing but soon they gained confidence and started asking me where we are from and what we are doing here. It was getting late and I was coming down so I gathered up the kids said bye to the girls and started heading towards the house. Then I noticed a group of about six hooded gangster look boys under a tree right next to us. One of them said “hello” and paranoia shot though my heart like a bolt of lightning. It freaked me out and before I could say anything another one of the hood says “where you going?” I said I’m taking the kids home and started walking that way with the kids in front of me. This startled the kids as well and they shut up and stood right next to me. I instantly broke out into a sweat and had that fight or flee feeling. I knew I couldn’t fight them all and I knew I couldn’t run with the kids, when all of a sudden one of them says “happy news years” and they all started laughing and his English. I responded with feliz ano and they laughed and began walking off in the opposite direction. When I got home I was still shaking a bit and the wife with her positive attitude says I told you not to go there at night (she never said that) and made a big deal out of the children’s safety (drama queen). I retreated to the den with my son who told me not to worry he had the situation under control and there was never anything to worry about (9 years old). After I ate and went to bed (about 10) I could still feel the weed but not high just that I knew I smoked so earlier. Next time no park at night with the kids while I’m high (if I can remember to do that).

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombian grown Indica

Colombian grown Indica

To compare cannabis to women (if I may) I love Colombian women. To me they are the essence feminism, radiating sensuality and warmth. They are alluring and inviting, simply wonderful creatures. However any race or color of a beautiful woman is immaterial and I have a deep admiration for them regardless. The same is true with cannabis, I love all good weed, indica, sativa or any mixture of the two. Yes I prefer Colombian but at the same time I want variety and sometimes extreme variety.

attachment.php

Sour Jack

When I first came here I found variety in the many different Colombian strains I came across here, there were so many (pre crippy). Then I became a member of overgrow right before it went down. Reading all the threads about what the rest of the world was growing/smoking and it peaked my interest. Then I joined I.C. mag in 04 and ordered my first Nirvana seeds in 05 (Afghan). I was so surprised to actually get the seed because there’s no real mail system here. After that I started ordering more and soon some fine members here started sending me seed from all over the world.

attachment.php

Odd N Ends

I sent out my best golds and the Punto Rojo to other members on IC, even sending Gypsy the best of all. Unfortunately only a few made it to their destination and those were crushed even in durable packaging. By the summer of 06 I had maybe 50 different strains of seeds as well as all my Colombians. I had a nice patio and big monthly checks coming from my business in the US. It was the best summer I have ever had growing wise and continued until March of 07 when my Canadian mother who came to live with us died. At the same time my business in the US was floundering and in July I returned home to correct the problems. I wouldn’t return to Colombia (except for a visit in 2010) until 2011 and my little company went under.

attachment.php

That last summer with my mum and my plants was the best. My mum loved to sit on the patio and play solitaire looking at the plants. My only job at the time was taking care of her and we would spend endless hours talking about the past and about the plants. Mum loved the plant but would never smoke them, she was of the old school, booze and cigs ok everything else taboo drugs. My mum during this time suffered from dementia and sometime would have panic attacks that her meds didn’t cover. With all respect to my mums view on cannabis, I started making her mild cannabis cookies and giving them to her without her knowing the ingredients. It worked and she never had another attack after but I found only the imported indica really worked (Sour Jack and California snowcap). I tried giving her cookies made from pure Colombians and they helped but she acted so loopy and spaced out that I stopped and only gave her indica. The indica cookies allowed her to concentrate and not forget what she was saying in mid-sentence. I miss mum very much but I feel so good that she was happy the last few months of her life.
attachment.php

Mum RIP

Last edited:

bigAl25

Veteran
A good son and lovely story. Much love, respect and prayers sent your way. My Mom is now 87 and doing well, even still driving and playing clabber. You were blessed and I am still blessed. Peace and respect.

i dig your respect for women redryder.theres not many men like that out there.i learned alot about respecting women from the wonderful lady im with now.i regret to say before i met her i didnt have the same amount of respect for women and i feel terrible i felt that way.she has tought me alot and its ironic because ive learned so many good things from growing female plants which need a ton of respect too.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want to thank all of IC for your interest and support of my passion for the Colombian cannabis. It is a great pleasure to relate my experiences to a receptive audience of the world’s finest cultivators. It is an honor to present this information to you without exaggeration or speculation it is pure and uncut. Though my writing skills are marginal, I know that you feel what I feel and you know what I know. And I am confident that together we can make our life experiences enriching to us all.

I give a heartfelt thank you to each and every one of you!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Then I met "Her"

Then I met "Her"

It was the summer of 1978 and I was working as a short order cook at the Branif airlines world headquarters in DFW airport near Grapevine Texas. Inside the stewardess training facility there was a small cafeteria for them to eat while going through their eight week course. I worked the night shift mostly making hot sandwiches for the trainees and waiting for my shift to end. It was a great job because it was easy work and I liked serving the sexy trainees (back then it was only women stewardess) and working nights were great for escaping the brutal Texas summer sun. Plus I could go outside periodically and burn one Branif opened up new Latin America routes and had brought in loads of beautiful “Latinas” from all over the region to train for the new positions. I was then as I am now a dedicated rocker and was proud to show it. One night I was wearing a “disco sucks” t-shirt when a group of trainees came into the cafeteria obviously tipsy from being out on their first night in the USA. There were five young ladies from Panama, Peru, Chile, Brazil and thank you god one from Colombia. They all spoke perfect English and began flirting with me as they placed their orders. I gave it right back to them without any embarrassment when the girl from Brazil said that if I don’t like disco I don’t like woman (referring to my shirt). I calmly boasted that that wasn’t true at all and I could easily satisfy all of them any time any place. They giggled delightfully and the girl from Peru said ok tomorrow night when I got off of work. I said you got it baby, thinking they were just teasing me. They weren’t. Sure enough the next night at the end of my shift all five of them were waiting for me outside in the parking lot. I had a next to new Subaru (small) but they insisted it was no problem getting them all in the car. Four in the back and one shotgun and to my delight “Uchi” the Colombian girl got shotgun. They wanted beer and I wasn’t old enough to buy but I knew a place that might let me and we took off into the Texas night. I blasted them with AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top and Foghat till they started to like it and then we found the beer store. I lucked out and was able to buy two cases of Schlitz and threw it into a cooler (it was still very hot out) and we went to an isolated park on Grapevine Lake. It was still early when we started pounding beers and listening to my car stereo outside the car by the lake. I was pretty drunk when I fired up a big joint of Mex I had. It wasn’t the best but it would get you off but only the Colombian had the nerve to try it. She took a deep hit and threw the joint on the ground stomping it out. I said hey WTF, it wasn’t great weed but better than nothing and it was all I had. Uchi stated that she only smoked “good” weed and mine was shit. That really pissed me off, I picked up my damaged joint and told them to get in the car I was taking them back. On the way they started talking to me but no apology or remorse from Uchi who sat beside me not saying anything. Even back then I couldn’t stay angry long and soon was inviting the girls to see my new house speakers and drink more beer. They agreed. I lived with my folks kind of out in the boondocks and as luck would have it they were out of town and the place was mine for the weekend. As we drove down the long dark dirt driveway the girls started getting nervous saying they wouldn’t get out of the car. It was pitch dark as we pulled up to the empty old farm house. I pleaded with them to come in and at least use the bathroom but no way. Then Uchi said ok she would come in with me and check out the speakers. We went in cranked some tunes, drank a beer and started back out to the car. I stopped her at the door and said “can I see you again? Alone?” She said yes! And grabbed me with a big hug and deep tongue kiss. I was shocked, unprepared, I wasn’t expecting that to happen in reality. Then she ran out the door to her friends standing outside by the car. I took them back but I couldn’t sleep the rest of the night thinking about Uchi and her sexy kiss. I was going to see her again the next day and I wanted to find the best Colombian in town to impress her with. I knew a lot of people and started making phone calls. Lot of my friends had Mex, good Mex they claimed but I wanted lumbo, I wanted her to taste the weed from her country. Finally I found some nice golden buds, a little seedy and not really top shelf but better than anything else around. I bought an oz for $45 and rolled up about ten big joints and picked her up at work. Uchi was 19 years old with light cinnamon skin and a body meant for loving. She had short curly black hair, long slender blood red tipped fingers, full red lips and an apple shaped ass. A Colombian goddess, she was wearing a short skirt showing off her long sexy legs. She jumped in my car giving me another deep kiss and we took off. I took her directly to my empty folk’s house and poured her some champagne once inside. Uchi was much more relax without her friends there and we settled on the couch. I was totally captivated by her, she smelled of scented flowers and her skin was so smooth and warm. We kept drinking and kissing eating strawberry’s when I asked her if she wanted to try the best smoke in Texas. She said ok and whipped out one of my fat lumbo joints. I lit that bad boy up and took a big hit exhaling so she could get a whiff. She looked unimpressed and took the joint from me. After one deep hit than another she crushed it out in the ashtray saying once again shit weed but better. Again that pissed me off and I pulled out the bag to show her the buds. She looked at it, smelled it and throw it on the coffee table. Look do you really want to get high, I thought of a million responses but yes was the only truth. She opened her little purse and pulled out two tiny little tooth pick sized joints (I thought what was she going to smoke). Then she said this is what we smoke in Colombia. With a quick light she put fire to one of those tiny joint and inhaled, coughing like crazy as I smell the most exotic fragrance when she exhaled. Wow I had never smelled anything like it, she said Punto Rojo and handed me the joint. We smoked about half of it then the next thing I know we are in my bedroom ready for sex. Uchi said she was a virgin so I should be gentle but I had very little experience never having a girlfriend for very long (late bloomer). I wouldn’t do that now but I asked her if we could finish the half joint first, of course she said jumping out of the bed nude to go get it. I almost passed out when I saw her nude in full light, her body was incredible, making my heart race. She came running back to the bed and we finished the little joint off to try the sex again. It was late and we had both drank a lot, we started talking and she told me about Colombia and her life there and I began the dream of going there. Uchi said in Colombia everything is illegal but really everything is legal. We tried sex again but never achieved penetration before we both collapsed in exhaustion falling into the deepest sleep of dreams. The next morning and the 2nd joint is another story.

KITCHA

Veteran
Every time I log onto ic I find my self drawn to your thread RR you have a knack for writing!

Columbian weed and women you are a lucky man : )

The Revolution

Veteran
The pic of your mum and the big sativa is epic. Absolutely says a thousand words. Thank you for sharing and your story as well. Watching the sun come up w a hot cup of coffee. Trying to get the wood stove red hot on this frigid n snowy morning in northeast usa. Cant wait til spring! Enjoying the stories of yesteryear. Keep em coming brother.

waveguide

Veteran
hey i'm not trying to make an enemy or anything, but when you write so much about your life online, you gotta expect that some people will say things you maybe won't like. i didn't read the whole thread, so don't worry. i'm more interested in plants than women, that's what i came here for.

i'm thinking, if you live in colombia and don't speak the language, maybe you're kind of selfish? you can't help other people and you can't help yourself. if you live there you have a responsibility to learn the language, so that you can help society work smoothly.

those boys in the park, two of them are computer programmers with their own company and will earn more than you ever earned in a few years. you're running around scared, no wonder your wife goes off the deep end. her husband can't even talk to people.

maybe i'm wrong, i only read a few paragraphs in this thread here, but step up, learn to speak, so you can help people out, yourself included. take some time every day and do something to help your wife. there is no kind of recreational activity that feels better than helping someone you care about ;)

provecho homeboy.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greetings waveguide, I can think of many negative responses to your post but hey man that’s not my style so I’ll clarify a few things for you. First I speak Spanish at a B-1 level, I’ve never had a lesson I learned by using the language here. I am a certified ESL teacher and I get paid to teach high end executives business English. 90% of my time here I speak English, in my house we speak English at my job I teach English. When I commute I rarely if ever speak to anyone so I’ve only learned basic Spanish, I’m paid to speak English not Spanish. For a Colombian to get a good job here English is a requirement and many very professional university graduate Colombians are denied employment (by foreign corporations and domestic) because they cannot speak English at a business level. These professionals do not want fluent Spanish speakers for teachers because it forces the student to speak in English with the teacher. If it makes you feel better I do speak Spanish.
Bogota at night and in general but particularly at night is very dangerous for anyone but especially for foreigners. I’m assuming that you’ve never been here but there are literally thousands of displaced people here due to the 50 year old civil war. Around the city are “misery belts” filled with very desperate people. During the holidays most people that can leave the city and the streets become filled with these desperate people. Successful computer programmers do not gather in groups in the park at night, desperate drug addicted thieves however do. The young men in the park were obviously punks looking for an easy mark and very dangerous.
As far as helping the society here I volunteer every week 8 hours teaching English to underprivileged children whom otherwise would never have the opportunity to learn.
It is true that many of my posts involve the beautiful Colombian woman that I have a passion for, maybe more than the plant any plant. I have no intimate interest in men so I don’t write about them. However I’m sure there are forms with more references to men are made and maybe you would feel more comfortable posting there.
Now back to the fine Colombian women and weed.

i get what your doin redryder.it sounds to me like you had a serious coming of age when you where younger and columbian women and weed were there to grow with you and i doubt you will ever forget the stories your telling and that is why there so etched in your brain.personally i love old stories about women an weed.nothin wrong with that.at least its positive conversation.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The capitol

The capitol

Yes I hate wasting my writing mood on negativity so. Here’s a few pictures of my favorite city (despite its problems) Bogota!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Church by my house

I wish everyone peace and happiness

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts