What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertigo shows her long legs and what will Pandora show me?

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Browser,

I was astounded the way the vertigo branched. The stretch concerned me at first.

Vertigos 2 and 3 in the garden are struggling a bit. This first one had the primary growth point damaged a bit (its the short stem in the center) by a windstorm.
picture.php

The second plant has been getting very yellow. It was placed into a spot that had been grass behind an old garage. I checked the PH and was astounded to see it down to 5.5. I don't know if lime will work fast enough to save it.
picture.php

Vertigos #4 and #5 are just a few days old. They have had perfect growing conditions:warmth, light, space and look very happy! All five had the distictly rounded first leaves:
picture.php

picture.php

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I LST'd the Pandora and she's now nearly level on top (picture doesn't capture the flat top) and there are 11 good bud sites. I hope this wasn't too much!
picture.php

It's always dankest just before the chop (6 days):

picture.php

picture.php

haxi

Looking great man!!
How's pandora smoke?

The vertigo looks so sticky :) :) I can't wait to try this shit :)
:dance013:

Positives vibes dude !

Peace :rasta:

jm420

Veteran
Looking great man!!
How's pandora smoke?

The vertigo looks so sticky :) :) I can't wait to try this shit :)
:dance013:

Positives vibes dude !

Peace :rasta:
With outa flush and cure, and dried five days not much of a taste yet,decent heady high,decent bag appeal except for any real smell
"shitbag" and #2 are about the same The monster should be top notch by the looks .definately not worth the time or space though

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Haxi,

The Vertigo I've been smoking is a top bud that was cut at day 40 because I was sick and tired of smoking the culled leaves from my male plants. Even cut that early the high is delightfully euphoric.

JM,

That MONSTER looks like a giant auto. Your right though, looks like not enough buds to be worth all that space and time. Very odd structure.

J

joejusttyped

Awesome Claude. The serrations on that LST'd Pandora look interesting and those bud shots are making me hungry :D I might have to pick up a pack of Dutch Dragon now after all these amazing pictures of Paradise gear!

jm420

Veteran
Hey claude ,yours looks just like my #2.I wouldn';t worry to much about the LST .Hopefulully yours frost up like monster and you will have a definate winner.
Cutting her tonite shes fuckin my ventilation up .not worth 2 oz for 4 lost

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Joe,

I've been flushing for a week and am HUNGRY for her to go into the curing jars!

The Pandora has been a very healthy plant. Not a speck of yellow or brown, just nice steady growth. I think I'll toss her in a bigger pot and give her the whole cab.

jm420

Veteran
Funny you say that about the structure,I was thinkinking the same .Each branch looks like a lollipop bud kinda like when you see pics of A/F's that grow just a small bud. Kinda like a lolipop.Still lookin at about 5 oz between the three though .I'm trying to look at it as the glass is half full

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Funny you say that about the structure,I was thinkinking the same .Each branch looks like a lollipop bud kinda like when you see pics of A/F's that grow just a small bud. Kinda like a lolipop.Still lookin at about 5 oz between the three though .I'm trying to look at it as the glass is half full

That's a nice haul!

I didn't mean I wouldn't be happy with that. That's a whole lot better than my disasterous last season. AND, if the smoke is like what I'm smoking, then you are a lucky man!

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Browser,

I was astounded the way the vertigo branched. The stretch concerned me at first.

Vertigos 2 and 3 in the garden are struggling a bit. This first one had the primary growth point damaged a bit (its the short stem in the center) by a windstorm.

All five had the distictly rounded first leaves

Hey Claude,

:thank you: for the quick reply info! Those rounded leaves are quite something.

I'm also suspicious when I see long branching... Makes me think male, or too much N, or not enough light, or all of them... Nice to see how they have filled up :canabis:

I'll be following to see how they do outside.

Happy growing, B

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Browser,

Yes, I was worried the way Vertigo stretched as she kicked into flower. I thought the buds would be airy--stretched. They are not. In fact they are very solid nuggets. The stretch allowed good light in to all the buds.

I cut the Vertigo (all but the bottom buds) yesterday and they are drying now. There were beginning to be some amber thrichs and I like it earlier than that. 58 days.

The Pandora has been LSTd and now has numerous bud sites, many more than the Vertigo had:
picture.php

I wish the weather would settle down. I have two baby Vertigos to join their sisters in the garden. Here's a picture of the better outside plant:

picture.php

Its had cool enough nights to show some lovely purpling:

picture.php

The sick Vertigo is getting a little color back but is still too pale. I don't know why that spot is so acidic.
picture.php

I'm still ecstatic about the smoke from Vertigo 1, and its not even cured yet!

jm420

Veteran
nice.CH,
the "monster" is top shelf smoke .
"shitbag" and #2 no real taste but a real creeper
total dry weiegt was just under 4
I;ll give it a 3 out of 10
the monster gets a 6

jm420

Veteran
After aweek in the jar the flavor and smeel are really coming out fruity is the only way i can describe it ,real heady high at some points you;ll find yourself dazeing off and forgetting you were doing somthing.Time really seems to drag by .Not good smoke if you smoke before ,or during work.More of an after dinner smoke IMO

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
After aweek in the jar the flavor and smeel are really coming out fruity is the only way i can describe it ,real heady high at some points you;ll find yourself dazeing off and forgetting you were doing somthing.Time really seems to drag by .Not good smoke if you smoke before ,or during work.More of an after dinner smoke IMO

JM,

I'm finding something similar with the smoke from
my first Vertigo harvest. Mine is extremely potent and leaves me with feeling euphoric and at ease.

I had the day off Monday and took one small hit of this:
511e46e42d2662bd68ee4fc7f52e1ac6_683698.jpg
from the new pipe I made:
ffb19718c1968953c4a68b595f2e708a_690176.jpg

and had a surealistic morning.

I took this first Vertigo very early and it is still extremely potent.

I'm very curious as to the Pandora, now on day 49. Pandora is advertised as needing about a week longer than Vertigo. I wouldn't be surprised if it needs 2 weeks longer to finish.

This is my April 20th Pandora. She's just beginning to get some frost. The smell is very mild and "green" at this point.

picture.php

She looks like she'll yield well.

I have 2 Vertigos under my Blackstar. Here is what they looked like on May 23rd:
f5bbbb8c4b0e86bd9e27c14bbeba1cb9_678686.jpg

Today:
picture.php

My April 20th planted Vertigos are getting frosty under the sun. A storm took out nearly half this plant. She's still doing nicely:
picture.php

Just for giggles, anybody remember the supposed Lowryder2's I planted on Valentines Day? They are outside and the size of a bushel basket. Nary a flower in sight:
picture.php

jm420

Veteran
it looksvery similiar to my best yeilding in my case the green smell sticks around with a very bland taste.does the trick though.
by the looks of pandora i'll guess 1.5 oz plus..

did she auto for you ?

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
JM,

Yes, the Pandora autoed just fine at 20/4. She started out with my outside regular plants in the cab and started to flower about day 23.

She must be a real nute hog. I always err on the light side, but this time I really let her get too pale before cranking up the nutes.

"Bland" would describe her smell! In this way I'm a bit disapointed. Also, the Vertigos are much more frosty at this stage.

Thanks for the weight guess. I'd be happy with that.