What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertigo shows her long legs and what will Pandora show me?

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I had planted a single Vertigo seed on April first planning on running her outside with my HFH Hashplants. As luck would have it some space opened up in my cab and now, at day 26, my vertigo is the queen of the garden.

Take a look at her showing off her sweet 16inch-long tropical legs (but don't touch, she's still jailbait):
picture.php

I'm really pleased with the extent of well developed budsites running the length of each nearly uniform stem:
picture.php

picture.php

She's quite the contrast to the other plants I've worked with this year. All of them have been very stocky with close spaced internodes. The open canopy allows excellent light coverage throughout - good enough light that I am growing excellent basil in her shade.

I'll be dusting a few budsites with an HFH Hashplant that has autoflowered, hoping to take advantage of the spicy black licorice fragrance of this particular hashplant and its Amnesia Haze influenced high.
picture.php

I've just popped a Paradise seeds Pandora AF and two more Vertigos. I'll post their pics once they show some character.
Green (and pink and Purple) Harvests to all!

5th

Veteran
Funny eh? the time frames in which you n' I post our shit up.
I look at my day 26's, then at yours...and all I can think of is David n' Goliath.
Looking forward to watching this one.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks nice, interesting structure for sure.

Glad to see your back on track after the LR2 misfortune.

cheers, mitch

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Funny eh? the time frames in which you n' I post our shit up.
I look at my day 26's, then at yours...and all I can think of is David n' Goliath.
Looking forward to watching this one.

Wow. Sounds like something went wrong with the DWC. I'm a bit nervous to try DWC. Its the old dog thing, I've started many thousands of seeds in my old market gardening and guerrilla days, and all I know is dirt.

I took a look at your pictures. The plants look healthy and their structure reflects enough light. Maybe water temperature is off?

This Vertigo wants to stretch. I strongly suspect a Columbian/Oaxacan/ maybe even Jamaican sativa in her lineage.

The package states:

Type:Autoflowering Indica/Sativa

Lifecycle: From seed to harvest, approximately 60 days indoor up to a max of 70 days outdoor.

Effect: Heavy potent.

Aroma/Taste: Citric intense bouquet.

"These plants can reach the height of 1 meter or taller."

I had 2 more Vertigos sprout on 4 20 (I like auspicious starts:)-)) that will be going guerrilla, so we'll get a chance to see what my good soil and strong sun can do with these autos.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Looks nice, interesting structure for sure.

Glad to see your back on track after the LR2 misfortune.

cheers, mitch

Thanks Mitch. I'm putting that "slowryder2" grow behind me. Better things in the works now, inside and out.

Yes, the structure is very interesting. The legginess is genetic as this plant has had very strong CFL light to start. I had a 68watt bulb and two 45 wat bulbs sitting right on top of her for the first two weeks. She then moved into the flowering cab under the Blackstar with 92 watts of cfls for side lighing. The plants I had in with her are stocky with short spaced internodes.

I've still got to get me some of those colorful beauties like those pink buds you grew out so masterfully!

5th

Veteran
Wow. Sounds like something went wrong with the DWC.

Other then my MG disaster last year, my hydro grows are always spot on. (read, I'm a real lucky sonsabitch) I think I just got a bad bag of soil. As soon as I saw white/fluffy/moldy stuff I was more concerned with it spreading to my moms. So into the DWC drink they went. If nothing more then shitz n' giggles you should try a side/side this winter.

Looking forward to the progress.

5th

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
If nothing more then shitz n' giggles you should try a side/side this winter.

LOL! I thought about saying that same thing!

Other then my MG disaster last year, my hydro grows are always spot on. (read, I'm a real lucky sonsabitch) I think I just got a bad bag of soil. As soon as I saw white/fluffy/moldy stuff I was more concerned with it spreading to my moms. So into the DWC drink they went.

My bad. I read about the soil but my mind was overridden with the DWC pictures. Bad soil can definitely shut things down. The plants look healthy now and those roots are nice and white.

Good luck and big green harvests!

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Nothing says good morning like a bright glistening bud :
picture.php

Cannabis, ya gotta love it:
picture.php

She's starting to smell and its skunk! Skunk, deep funky skunk,

Day 29

jm420

Veteran
Hope the pandora works out for you ,Out of 3 none autoflowered for me they all needed a 12 /12.I'm at 59 days from seed and they have at least 30 days to go,one of them is 4 feet tall ,One is almost 6 feet tall, and one is 2 feet tall and very much the same as your verigo with the same branch structure and that one has 20 + days to go

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Hope the pandora works out for you ,Out of 3 none autoflowered for me they all needed a 12 /12.I'm at 59 days from seed and they have at least 30 days to go,one of them is 4 feet tall ,One is almost 6 feet tall, and one is 2 feet tall and very much the same as your verigo with the same branch structure and that one has 20 + days to go

Yikes! I've already been badly burned with non-auto autos. That's quite a spread in sizes you had, too.

I was able to get just one out of three to germinate. They were freebies and looked like freebies - pale and greenish. My Pandora is at 9 days now. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed.

The (paid for) Vertigos were nice mature seeds and I have had 100% germination.

J

joejusttyped

Very nice Claude. They have a funky structure ;)

Hope all is well

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Thanks Brother Joe! All is good.

Here's that Vertigo from above (makes me dizzy (;-))

picture.php

Its a perfect circle of buds.

jm420

Veteran
how do they smell Claude?I think my big 1 might be the one to look for ,the best way to describe it is rotten lemons and ALOT of trics,the other 2 have more of an earthy smell with a hint of mint, moderate trichs.Thats the best way to describe it right now.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
how do they smell Claude?I think my big 1 might be the one to look for ,the best way to describe it is rotten lemons and ALOT of trics,the other 2 have more of an earthy smell with a hint of mint, moderate trichs.Thats the best way to describe it right now.

JM,

Lots of thrichs for sure. The scent is skunky. Let me go and sniff again (any excuse I can use :)-) ) OK, I could say rotten lemon skunkiness.

My LR2's were definitely grapefruity AND catpissy. My sativa strain always smells like pine sap. I just don't have a review writing type sniffer but she's got skunk funk going for certain.

This Vertigo is really loading up with trichs at about day 15-16 of flowering:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Skullz,

It'd been toooooo long.

Vertigo is nice and quick.

I just tossed a couple out under the sun. The soil is completely unamended in this new garden that had been sod for the last 100 years:
picture.php

The Vertigos are hiding amid the (fake) Deep Chunks:
picture.php

haxi

Hi Claude Hopper :)
I'm also growing Vertigo and Pandora this year outdoor, I'm going to follow you man I just subscribed! :)
Yours are looking so nice :)
Best wishes.

Peace :rasta:

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Thanks Haxi,

I've been watching yours too!

We're only about a degree of latitude different.

Good Karma with your season!