What's new

Vertigo shows her long legs and what will Pandora show me?

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
claude,

your plant looks good. like the updates.. keep em coming

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
It was in the low 90's today. I turned off the CFLs and just ran with the Blackstar.

The Vertigo is fast. She is 39 days old today. If it was cooler I think I'd see some exquisite color. Look at the red petiole (low center):
picture.php

I don't doubt she'll be finished at 60 days. She'll be massively gooey by then:
picture.php

picture.php

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
WOWOWOW those are pretty! :) AND fast!

P.s. Sorry i havent stopped in here much, ill be sure to make an appearance more often!

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Thanks 20/4. Its been pretty busy for most of us lately. This is my pet "inside" plant, just somebody to look in upon in the evening.

She started flowering early and has had a light dusting from a hashplant male that went full auto.

I've got 2 more Vertigos out in the garden, planted on 4:20 and a Pandora to put under the Blackstar when this Vertigo is done. The Pandora is supposed to be a bit slower to mature.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I'm really pleased with Paradise's Vertigo. Her open growth pattern is allowing about 20-25 cm of decent buds on on each of the stems (plant height is 45 cm).

Here she is sitting in my highbacked office chair:
picture.php

I'm posting this blurry picture only because it captures the resin-coated essence of the young plant:
picture.php

Paradise describes the effect as "heavy potent." I tested a small sample last night and can attest that this is a seriously potent cannabis. Its only at 41 days, but 2 small one hitters gave me a nice euphoric high. A third hit finished me off for the night.

The taste is all skunk.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I was wondering what heavy hitter Paradise used in breeding Vertigo then I saw this picture of Paradise's Sensi Star by Hempluvr. Look at the red petioles, they are just like the petioles on my Vertigo:
picture.php

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I had a bit more of a taste last night. This was dried slower and the taste is much better, kind of a sour skunk.

The smoke has a marvelous effect. Without a doubt this is one of the finest smokes I've had in many years. Its very potent and made my whole body feel relaxed and comfortable. Very happy weed, me and Mrs Hopper sat up laughing and joking after just a few hits.

I haven't posted pictures of my Pandora yet. After my FIASCO with the bogus Lowryders I wait to see flowers before getting too excited. My Pandora is now beginning to flower at day 23:
picture.php

I'm very curious about this plant. Paradise seeds makes a very bold statement in declaring Pandora to be "No doubt currently the best automatic in the world. " I've a hard time imagining that it could be better than the simply amazing Vertigo.

Here's the rest of the description from Paradise:

The automatic genes are preserved but other than that she is a real Indica variety along the lines of Afghani, Spoetnik and Sensi Star.

The plants are compact and so are the aromatic buds. Pandora is a medium sized plant, approximately 90 cm indoors to 1.20 tall outdoors. The plants will yield a firm amount of long sized compact buds, topped with a big layer of resin. The leaf to calyx ratio is ideal for quick manicuring. The overall effect is powerful and long lasting. Pandora finishes within 65 days from seed to harvest, with an impressive yield, up to 100 grams per plant.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Thanks Mitch.

I was so pleased with the quality of the smoke that I just dropped two more Vertigo to follow the Pandora under the Blackstar.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
My single Pandora has had a very good start. There is not a blemish or discoloration anywhere on this stout well branched plant. Even the first leaves are healthy and dark green.

Pandora at day 24:
picture.php

She's the only one of three seeds to germinate. I did not have germination troubles with any other varieties this season.

Two new Vertigos have sprouted and both have nice red stems!

Day 45 for the first Vertigo:
picture.php

Praise to Jah! Five lovely colas
picture.php

I have two more vertigos outside, pics soon.

haxi

Looks so yummy !!

I love that sticky stuff :) Can't wait to try mine :p

Happy grow dude!

Peace :rasta:

highroller614

nice......

nice......

Claude I'm digging the side branching. Looks like you should get a nice haul. Paradise has some nice genetics so I'm interested on how there autos turn out.......:wave:

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Haxi,

I want a whole skunky garden of these sticky buds!
picture.php

Highroller, The side branching came out perfect but I can't take credit; it was my little girl's cat who did the original topping. The cat just walked up and bit the top off!

I've had several cool -nearly cold- nights slowing down the two vertigos outside and two more to go out. I may have to top another to see if I can get a nice vase shaped plant again. It did allow for good light penetration and nearly all the buds will be decent.

These will be 60 days old on Memorial Day. By then they ought to be dripping with resin.
picture.php

Highroller

C

cheesey

looking very nice . i wish my 3 turned out like yours . mine didnt auto flower they showed pre flower around day 35 i let them carry on to day 45 and still they was no bud so i binned them .
i emailed paradise seeds about this 3 times with photos and info and after 10 days i got this reply .

(As I said we are sorry for you but your complaint just doesn't seem plausible!)

So i will not be spending any more money with paradise seeds i used to give them very good rep but not no more .

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
looking very nice . i wish my 3 turned out like yours . mine didnt auto flower they showed pre flower around day 35 i let them carry on to day 45 and still they was no bud so i binned them .
i emailed paradise seeds about this 3 times with photos and info and after 10 days i got this reply .

(As I said we are sorry for you but your complaint just doesn't seem plausible!)

So i will not be spending any more money with paradise seeds i used to give them very good rep but not no more .

Thank you.

I went through the exact same thing as you in my LR2 grow. The site I bought them from admitted there were known issues with the seeds and told me :
Hi,

Unfortunately there has been some recorded issues of this with Lowryder as the ruderalis can be unstable in some cases. If you can try putting it on to 16/8 and giving it a few days that should help. If not let us know and we will come up with some new seeds for you.

Support

Needless to say, the plants wouldn't flower until I dropped the light to 12 12. Then when I raised the ;light schedule back up to 16/18 the plants started revegging. They got sent to grow, and maybe finish, outside.

The place I got them from did not honor their pledge to make good.

C

cheesey

Thank you.

I went through the exact same thing as you in my LR2 grow. The site I bought them from admitted there were known issues with the seeds and told me :

Needless to say, the plants wouldn't flower until I dropped the light to 12 12. Then when I raised the ;light schedule back up to 16/18 the plants started revegging. They got sent to grow, and maybe finish, outside.

The place I got them from did not honor their pledge to make good.

its a shame ive allways stood behind paradise , ive grow 5 or 6 of there strains and loved them all but after the email what lex sent me i wont be having any more in my growroom . ive still got 2 seeds left but realy i think it will be a waste of time germing them it looks like the batch of seeds were my 5 came from isnt auto . i think i will stick to who i know for autos .

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To send pictures and information and still receive that reply is BAD customer service!

Sure you might get people trying it on occasionally.

I've had a similar thing happen, out of a 10 pack, 8 AF'd the other 2 grew massive and had to be put under 12/12. But I got sent a half pack of another strain that did fully Auto to make up for it.

Anyway Sorry if this is clutter to you're thread.

The plants look good. Cat made a nice job with the topping :)

I've had quite a few AF's top themselves in the past and ended up nice, but I don't think I would take scissors to them on mass, maybe just do a side by side experiment with LST and topping.

cheers, mitch

jm420

Veteran

Dosnt seem plausible .What kind of B/S is that ,I had the exact same thing happen .I kept them going.There at day 77 right now 2 have at least 1 more week just showing cloudt trichs with poor trich development.1 worse then the other.That will me a minumum of 80 days .The third is frosty and dank 6ftt tall with sone nice colas but this one is still clear with no sign of cloudiness and my guees will go at least 100 daysfrom seed.

IMO the only thing not plausible is Lucs description The best A/F ever WTF. This experiance has definately given me a bad taste about A/F's

cjk

my pandora did autoflower but it took 30 days. i have pics of its growth and dried shots in my current thread.

Latest posts

Latest posts