What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertical LED Marijuana Grow

Buddler

Veteran
Hi Med, nice shots,your runnin all red i noticed better for flower,have to get over to your other thread ...Bud

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Hi Med, nice shots,your runnin all red i noticed better for flower,have to get over to your other thread ...Bud

I tossed it back on "full spectrum" already but honestly I haven't tested an ALL RED flowering yet OR an ALL BLU flowering setup either.

I do think that those tests would be damn important to do though but only going to do those sorts of tests once I am done testing for Field Marshall Seeds and Poison Genetics.

I don't want me messin with the spectrum causing issues with those strains especially when limiting them to only receive red or blu

I will however soon have a red and blu flowering setup and see what happens in each. I think it will be pretty interesting especially on the blue side.

Buddler

Veteran
Hi Med,i bought a 300 Watt LED 3 watt led s red blue and white spectrum off ebay .Have you seen these ? ive been veggin under it now seems good nothing to compare it too though,do you think its big enough to grow one plant in a 4x4 tent out ? or should i get another one ? Thanks Bud..

medmaker420

Veteran
Hi Med,i bought a 300 Watt LED 3 watt led s red blue and white spectrum off ebay .Have you seen these ? ive been veggin under it now seems good nothing to compare it too though,do you think its big enough to grow one plant in a 4x4 tent out ? or should i get another one ? Thanks Bud..

what are the dimensions of the panel, I can judge what it can do from there.

Buddler

Veteran
what are the dimensions of the panel, I can judge what it can do from there.

HI the panel is 8.5 IN. X 16 IN. i got a pretty big plant in two gals of coco veggin ,was thinkin of hangin the unit vert and give this a whirl or go flat and scrog this girl . What do ya think.. B

medmaker420

Veteran
HI the panel is 8.5 IN. X 16 IN. i got a pretty big plant in two gals of coco veggin ,was thinkin of hangin the unit vert and give this a whirl or go flat and scrog this girl . What do ya think.. B

I am still undecided on the vertical panel but if canopy penetration is needed it really is a great way to go especially with led panels.
A scrog with a short plant canopy would kill it however the great thing about the vert option is you can rotate your girls around as needed depending on how they are growing and for even growth etc.

I like scrog minus the fact that I cannot take pics of individual plants or work with one plant since once it is built it is pretty much stationary until finished.

Another perk to vert is the perpetual options which will allow large and small plants to enjoy the same panel without having to train the hell out of tall plants OR lift up or stack up things to allow smaller plants light.

On the canopy depending on the lens angles on those diodes and how far up/back you have the panel from the plant(s). With led panels especially when they are really close to the canopy they have next to no side lighting ability but increases as the panels goes up/back but remember at this same time the penetration capabilities of the leds themselves is decreasing for every increase distance from the canopy.

I would test this by placing your canopy where you think the right height will be and then place your hand a foot outside of the lights perimeter and start moving it down/in until you start seeing the light hit your hand. You will start to be able to gauge what distance is needed or best for your specific panel.

medmaker420

Veteran
I tossed another vertical video update in my grow journal which you can find in my signature below for anyone interested. It features the casey's cousin x sour diesel ibl from poison genetics ( our brother here known as Dr Poison ) and worth checking out.