What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertical LED Marijuana Grow

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why not line the walls with flexible LED's at a fraction of the cost?

and w/ the right product that does seem viable

havent verified it but it seems like these mesh light/x-mas style light deals have a shit ton of super weak diodes ~fine for a little gleam of light in deco but NSM for growth intensity

i actually think a lot of the negativity associated w/ LED for growing comes from people's experience w/ the average LED

they must not realize how the tech has moved in recent years ~particularly since the breakthrough w/ blue

WeedIsGod

Dunno if we're allowed to post links to other forums. Delete if inappropriate.

http://www.rollitup.org/led-other-lighting/610538-first-time-grower-experimenting-cheap.html

200+ Watts of LED. No, probably not the same efficiency as higher quality stuff, but look at how well it performs in veg. That's good for something. Also, I can see the light with my own eyes which means it's within PAR. Whether the light is EXACTLY 630nm (or 430nm) is a tad redundant, imo. As supplemental light they should rock the house. Treat them well (proper heat sink, don't over drive them) and I think they'll treat you well.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i m laughing @ how canna tried to troll him and he set him back w/ 'u bot a $250 light for $1400?'

epic lulz

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Yes I am seeing myself going vertical / horizontal versus fully vertical. No reason not to toss some leds above the canopy, maybe on a light mover too! hmmn

off to smoke a TON of great led grown herb and drawin up some grow tent designs.

If anyone get's bored and wants to toss out ideas for a 4x8x7 tent whether vertical or horizontal by all means do so here.

Also if anyone else is deciding to try a vertical led grow or have ideas, can toss that in this thread as well.

WeedIsGod

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/g...-vertical-light-homemade-rotating-garden.html

Now, I don't condone vertical LED growing in the sense that this post semi-implies, but if you're gonna do it... Some cool stuff in that link, imo. There's even a guy growing with those flexible LED's.

I actually found that link by Google imaging "hexagon heat sink." Rofl. I'm thinking 4" duct mounts top and bottom and running some PC fans to have external intake/exhaust. Pretty niche stuff, though, so if you found something suitable it'd probably be more expensive than it should be. Those guys talked about DIY'ing a heat sink which might be the better route if anything happens to jump out at you during a trip to Home Depot, or whatever.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there is a lot to be said for hempfield's post 5 in this thread

seems like a taller space might benefit from additional angled sidelights spaced to be out of the throw of the angled sidelight above it

similarly you could go up to 3 or even all 4 sides {minding access of course}

have to admit that flexible 'panels' make an interesting ideal as far as adaptation goes

W I G i am cracking up @ the x-mas tree lights in a 1 gallon pot @ the link you provided

I bought some of the HGL 420 verticals. running a classic X with 1000wHPS in the corners and one of the LED in the middle. Seems to be working well.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I bought some of the HGL 420 verticals. running a classic X with 1000wHPS in the corners and one of the LED in the middle. Seems to be working well.

how many is "some" of the hgl verticals? those are $2500 a pop brother

show some pics, I have got to see this if it is legit

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya. pics or it didnt happen :)
that's certainly something i would love to see, thillspan

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
I have been pondering doing 4 vertical bars (Theoreme Innovation or Lumigrow) but yes..pricy .

I am hoping for a low footprint/penetration of (sativa only) growth and coverage for heights.

Anyone have an opinion on this manufactured vertical LED light I ran across?

http://www.painlessproduct.com/VLS-200_Vertical_Led.html

Do the components look like it is decent enough to try for the price?

http://i.imgur.com/0lN3z5k.jpg

first i have seen of those lights. with the entire array at only 8 or 9 inches how much vert can it actually cover...?

thanks for the link :tiphat:

oneshot

I have been pondering doing 4 vertical bars (Theoreme Innovation or Lumigrow) but yes..pricy .

I am hoping for a low footprint/penetration of (sativa only) growth and coverage for heights.

Anyone have an opinion on this manufactured vertical LED light I ran across?

http://www.painlessproduct.com/VLS-200_Vertical_Led.html

Do the components look like it is decent enough to try for the price?

http://i.imgur.com/0lN3z5k.jpg

That thing looks like it's going to fall apart in 2 weeks.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah; if anything it looks a bit 'industrial'

i dont have any real criticism for it but it think it could have more and further spaced diodes

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i still just wana see pics of it in action.....

cant really tell from the marketing website, does that thing have lights on 2 sides only, like designed to sit in a corner, or does it have lights all the way around or 3 sides? ideally i'd make one w lights on 2 opposing sides for vert or super ideally a 360 array of light for vert just like an hps or mh.

Oh, it's legit. I bought more than one, lets leave it at that.

So far seems to be equivalent to the unvented 1000w HPS it replaced, its my first run with this sativa pheno agent orange, so I won't have a good reference until its all over.

It is so bright on high that you cannot look at it.

Build quality, high. Shipping method, packaging etc suck for what you're paying but overall I am happy. I did have one show up busted, HGL replaced it quickly but I did have to follow up more than I would have liked to.

It's early, but so far I am satisfied. I wish I was enthused given the investment, but at least I don't feel ripped off.

Shine on!

Latest posts

Latest posts