What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertical LED Marijuana Grow

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Almost done setting up the new vertical 4x8 tent

it will have SOME vertical and SOME horizontal.

I think I will run 5 lights but might stick a couple all blu veg panels in as well just to do it

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Almost done setting up the new vertical 4x8 tent

it will have SOME vertical and SOME horizontal.

I think I will run 5 lights but might stick a couple all blu veg panels in as well just to do it

attachment.php

:dance013:

:biggrin:

Attachments

• picsor.jpg
    picsor.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 14

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
seeing it 'in context' there gives more confidence that it is 'up to the task'

still feel like it could be spread out a little bit more

i actually like that fixture and its concept

medmaker420

Veteran
its a great concept for sure

that is exactly how I would have done a vert led panel BUT a few tweeks like an inline duct option from the top to suck all air up and out for example but yeah that hgl vert unit is cool but hell no on the price.

lol no worries brother, I post everything I talk about lol some shit just takes longer to setup than others but don't you worry, once its done the pics will be up for all to see. I still wonder what if any yield improvements I will see.

I just got my veg panels vertical ( pics will get posted in my 2013 thread but odds are here as well ) and just awaiting a cycle to finish so I can get in an rearrange better in my flower areas.

I really think the horizontal lights on top will be on a light mover BUT that is still in the "maybe" section for this whole thing. One thing I have learned is that making one change at a time is best versus changing everything up all at once and if issues arise end up confused as hell trying to figure out what caused to negative affects etc.

Thats the great thing about growing, we have our entire lives to test ideas and thoughts and put them into real world experiences which I think fuckin rocks.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah like i say i like the concept as well but; in the X config like that; i see the HID in the center and 4 2-sided versions of the lamp in the corners?

basically the 'flaw' of HID would be that it throws light in all directions >better served to the central

while the 'flaw' of the LEDs is they are very directional

i use 'flaw' for lack of imagination >'feature' might be more apt

medmaker420

Veteran
attachment.php

just tossed this pic in my grow journal thread and a couple more.

once I get my vertical flower pics together I will post them up and let everyone know as well.

GP73LPC

Veteran
cool, i look forward to more...

this is pissing me off, i went out and gave some away, oh well... :mad:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to medmaker420 again.

medmaker420

Veteran
cool, i look forward to more...

this is pissing me off, i went out and gave some away, oh well... :mad:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to medmaker420 again.

I will be hanging my "vertical" panels horizontally on the sides of the 4x8 tent ( does that make sense to anyone but me? ).

I think in veg it works fine being vertical/vertically hung as it is a 2x4 tent and no need to hang the panels horizontal on the 2ft sides.

Still wondering about adding this damn light mover, trying to weigh the 3 panels that I want to hang from it. I just haven't put this much weight on a mover IN a tent before SO it keeps me second guessing the light mover part of my plan but damn is it something I really want to try out.

I would just hate to come home from work to see a panel or two that fell on my plants due to either the light mover or the mounting breaking.

I really think a light mover + leds is a great combo though, just need to make sure it can be left alone in a safe manner lol.

medmaker420

Veteran
guy had a run with light movers on fero LEDs and said it wasn't worth it. More shit to go wrong IMO.

totally agree

just fuckin with you brother

i run that same program

less is best

more is more shit to go wrong indeed

it just seems like the best idea and since they pull such little wattage, the benefits just seem like they would be there

who knows though

either way

i'm doin it damn it

lol

you can hear me bitch about it once i'm done though lol

hope your grows are rockin like usual oneshot!

oneshot

Haven't started next round yet. LED company probably wont have me my light until end of Feb. I don't know if I should start a round of veg under my Lumigrow. Cutting a month out of the timetable for veg is tough :/

GP73LPC

Veteran
Haven't started next round yet. LED company probably wont have me my light until end of Feb. I don't know if I should start a round of veg under my Lumigrow. Cutting a month out of the timetable for veg is tough :/

whatcha getting?

oneshot

whatcha getting?

Ah, thought this was more well known already.

HelioSpectra L4A lamp. (http://www.heliospectra.com/products-solutions/heliospectra-l4a)

They are bringing 20 units to the US for beta testers.
The lights are 100% focused on the cannabis market and they are going to be open about it. The lights have a Biofeedback sensor in them that adjusts the spectrum based off of reflectants and fluorescence being reflected by the plant leaves. It also has a wifi antenna to allow me to control it via the web (spectrum, power, etc.)

Unfortunately this has led me to turn away other LED companies wanting me to test for them :( GrowBlu and Blackdog :(

medmaker420

Veteran
can't wait to see how the panels do for you brother

I tossed your name (youtube channel) to growblu but blackdog would have been a solid panel to test as well for sure.

It is never a bad thing when you have to turn down testing products (-; it means you are doing something right.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i did see you link to that light in your gro thred oneshot i noticed someone had a negative comment but; that light looks very interesting for its capabilities! the far red range is impressive and 400 isnt bad for UV {though one could supplement w 350}

it would seem that each bandwidth is dimmable and can be controlled via micro-controller so features beyond the scope of my DIY'n but not some others

congrats BTW on your lb+ harvest w/ LED!

GP73LPC

Veteran
Ah, thought this was more well known already.

HelioSpectra L4A lamp. (http://www.heliospectra.com/products...liospectra-l4a)

They are bringing 20 units to the US for beta testers.
The lights are 100% focused on the cannabis market and they are going to be open about it. The lights have a Biofeedback sensor in them that adjusts the spectrum based off of reflectants and fluorescence being reflected by the plant leaves. It also has a wifi antenna to allow me to control it via the web (spectrum, power, etc.)

Unfortunately this has led me to turn away other LED companies wanting me to test for them :( GrowBlu and Blackdog :(

i wasn't around too much for several months. but very cool, look forward to your testing.

array sounds pretty hi tech also...

:tiphat:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts