What's new

UFC 2015

RetroGrow

Veteran
Not judging. Just pondering.
I do think they should have a standing 8 count though, and stop the hammer fists to unconscious folks.
If we were civilized, there would be no such thing as fighting.

Bwanabud

I do think they should have a standing 8 count though, and stop the hammer fists to unconscious folks.

You're absolutely right, and we aren't :biggrin:

Until that day comes, I'll enjoy UFC and any other sport where morons are willing to accept pain for my entertainment value...hell, I'll even pay for it.

Merry Christmas guys :tiphat:

picture.php

Last edited:

Mick

Veteran

I agree. Nothing cool or manly about hammer fisting an unconscious fighter. I stopped watching UFC because of this. What a joke, the ref watches the unconscious or semi conscious fighter hit the canvas, then lets him get hit a couple more times and then pretends to protect that fighter by diving between them, and then even sometimes cradling that fighter in my arms. Fucken sickening and another of many pointers to the demise of western culture. Some are sickened and some get a woody, go figure.

Last edited:

Bwanabud

I agree. Nothing cool or manly about hammer fisting an unconscious fighter. I stopped watching UFC because of this. What a joke, the ref watches the unconscious or semi conscious fighter hit the canvas, then lets him get hit a couple more times and then pretends to protect that fighter by diving between them, and then even sometimes cradling that fighter in my arms. Fucken sickening and another of many pointers to the demise of western culture. Some are sickened and some get a woody, go figure.

The "Western" culture huh, MMA is a worldwide sport there Mick :biggrin: As are most of the martial arts, But we appreciate you weighing in with the slanted view point.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone with a heart questions themselves watching mma or American football for that matter. Soccer has a lot of concussions and damage too.

Lots of sports or hobbies can damage your body to some extent. MMA is just real obvious in the damage with lots of blood and intentional harm done.

We are brutes that are closely related to cavemen and are not nearly ready to give up conquering and dominating each other, if only in a roundabout way. Chess is a noble and uplifting hobby right? You are pretending to conquer your adversary, no blood so no harm or foul?

I live close to a skydiving area. Every year there are fatalities. Ban it for the children?

The football concussion thing is going real strong now. Can not say on that but ex players live longer than non players. They used to say they died earlier but that was debunked. They get depressed and act out physically? Well, they used to run over and throw around opponents and get the approval of screaming fans, and get paid super well and now they have to live like a normal person. Would that have anything to do with it?

I have seen people all over the place that have dementia or are starting to lose it. No cage fighters or jocks just people. I have no doubt getting hit hard is a risk to your brain but there is an agenda now to do away with hard contact sports. 'for the chillrun' 'western values' Libs mostly and soccer moms. Did I mention soccer trauma, oh my.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Y

Rule change in soccer .
Under a certain age no longer allowed to head the ball .

Its not just the damage sustained in the fights . Some gyms are ill disciplined . Wild sparring . Lotsa momentary or legit KOs in training .

Randy Couture talked about how Dan Henderson had knocked out half of Randy`s teeth in different incidents in training .

I was impressed by some of Conor`s training tips on TUF . Full contact low impact sparring to simulate a fight . Less hitting pads . Practicing hitting a man not a pad held in front of a man . Less whiffing of punches and kicks just off target .

Thanks for sharing

EB .

Mick

Veteran
The "Western" culture huh, MMA is a worldwide sport there Mick :biggrin: As are most of the martial arts, But we appreciate you weighing in with the slanted view point.

Western imperialist capitalism rules and dominates the planet.

The UFC is primarily about making money. They probably figure that letting unconscious fighters get hammer fisted satisfies the blood lust of the majority of people who support it. Fair enough. The world seems to be getting better and worse at the same time.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Mick

The brutality of the UFC is mild compared to what people do to their family and friends in the comfort of their own homes ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

RetroGrow

Veteran
G`day Mick

The brutality of the UFC is mild compared to what people do to their family and friends in the comfort of their own homes ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

However, they don't televise it and sell tickets...probably could though...you might be on to something, Elmer...:biggrin:

B

birdman_

yep ..Makes me think of this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh9l58GUZNc

(^ lol) my settee has seen horror moviessS!!)
What ya watching Elmer !???? :D

UFC = $ and Stardom ..

Last edited:

RetroGrow

Veteran
yep ..Makes me think of this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh9l58GUZNc

(^ lol) my settee has seen horror moviessS!!)
What ya watching Elmer !???? :D

UFC = $ and Stardom ..

How did I know that would be the clip?
That was a real cheap shot!
He should have been suspended for that, IMO. When a man is unconscious, he has suffered a concussion. To then slam him in the concussed head is unconscionable. Not very sporting either....:biggrin:
Look at the picture of Aldo, lying unconscious on his back, arms at his sides, eyes closed, out cold, and CMG kneeling over him, slamming him in the face.
That's messed up. They need to stop that sh*t...

B

birdman_

..Like an "attempted" Murder scene from some Horror Film .."
....*'N' Then He Finishes him OFF. " * (..nxt.... Enter: CHAINSAWSSS !!!!)
How did I know that would be the clip?
That was a real cheap shot!
He should have been suspended for that, IMO. When a man is unconscious, he has suffered a concussion. To then slam him in the concussed head is unconscionable. Not very sporting either....:biggrin:
Look at the picture of Aldo, lying unconscious on his back, arms at his sides, eyes closed, out cold, and CMG kneeling over him, slamming him in the face.
That's messed up. They need to stop that sh*t...

:) yup..,"This Crossed your mind too" ..............(That Final Blow.."..To shaww up his Loud Mouth " ? :yoinks: ) -

...That Could of Been SOo Serious....... Re:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh9l58GUZNc
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BexeypzVUpc)
[HAHA! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGnXP9dD29c ]

Last edited:
B

birdman_

:D

Dig that.. ....I " WAS " Always Throwing up "Interesting" Relevant stuff bro.....
(no doubt fightpass has Pancrase,shooto Shit coming up soon..) ...NAH.. im just thinking of Known names etc!.. All mma is Cool.. esp'when their at '0' defeats.)
....But Elmer!!!! Watch this SPACE bro !? :) ..(kom'on.. YA KNOW IM SMILLIN' "<<<<<<<" :-D )
^ ____ Such is life.. yes gd1 Eb, TOTALLY Accurate. :smoke :

Concerning the LEGAL Blow ..."WHAT IF!" Dan Hendo HAD Caused Serious Brain Injury?... ......phew,Hard too think about... :nono:
He'd Certainly RETIRE at Least ,im sure... [Also NEW RULE.NO HITTING Knocked Unconscious Downed Opponent!]

OFF TOPIC:
:bellyrub:Just Eaten 14 Sprouts by 'em 'selves with salt and a (Have to doo) Mango Chutney. Wish i had a'leas 20 /-:
Dont read IF ya dont Want!!? Simple... ..NOW How EASY is THATTTTT!?..................................." (Solid!) " LOL...
Solution ignore!.... Such a " ROCK SOLID " Prevention .. :D ....

Playin'around.
'Smiley' Holidays & New year folks :tiphat :

Last edited:

Bwanabud

Wow, without new fights this thread turns to shite. Alas, Saturday will be here soon :).

Actually,,, when the thread headed headed into a "rainbows and ponies" theme, I packed up and left :woohoo:

MMA/UFC is a sport of violence & brutality, and though the ref's actions are disputed at times...they try to protect the fighters, and control the image of the sport. If you don't like blood or violence, there are plenty of other passive sports to enjoy. All UFC shows are started with a pre-view warning, that it may not be suitable for all viewers.

I came to the thread to discuss UFC, if the pacifists are going to control the conversation I've got weed to grow & MMA sites to visit :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts