Votes: 29 70.7%
  • Chael Sonnen

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
i thought the slip and fall was a little iffy, very sloppy at the end there , looked a little staged to me or something, didnt see any kind of knock out, also thought fight was called a little early. i understand stand safety but the string bean hippie dude was out cold for a sec , i see why that guy stopped that fight, but the silva fight looked better in regular speed but in slow motion at the other angle seemed like the last 10ish punches before fight was called missed or hit his hands, 1 punch bounded off his hand and knicked his dome. anyway was dissappointed they called it, the slip fall, the quick call , he wasnt in danger , anyway , hope the next best fight ever is better , p

M

Mtn Dew

I disagree with this. Sonnen can hold Silva down, but given the ENTIRE round he never threatened beyond holding a dominant position, and Silva was able to briefly scramble out before Sonnen re-established position. Also, knowing the bell was coming, Silva wasn't pressured to get out, as we know he can roll with Sonnen for 25 min and come out looking untouched. Were the rules different and no rounds, I bet he would have gotten back to his feet somehow within a few minutes.

Given the rules you propose, I further suggest that Sonnen would have held Silva down for 15-20 minutes before Silva would have subbed him, just as he did in the first fight.

No information to suggest otherwise.
I agree

M

Mtn Dew

Evolved lmao . Time limits weight classes ect is evolved??? its going backwards if u ask me ...tell me this how many times have your favorite fighters lost or went to decision when u would really would liked to watch and really see who could beat who .

like I said they are girls none of them would make it as a champ under old rules . they know how to use the clock and other things when gassed .I cant count how many ppl lastnight looked at the clock .waitin to be saved from the bell.

weight classes explain how this is a true test of a warrior . doesn't prove your the best proves your the best in your weight class

Cardio lmao 95% of ufc has a 25 min cardio lol . I remember shamrock and gracie goin over a 35mins in one match some gracies have faught for several hrs w/o a break or nothing .

Lmao at standing fighters up after so long when ufc was built off GJJ

talk all the shit u want but the old guys in they prime would walk threw any of todays ufc would love to see todays fighters fight 30mins non stop LMFAO

http://mmatrainingworkoutsonline.com/mma-fight-videos/ufc-5/royce-gracie-vs-ken-shamrock-2/ watch this 30 min real fight no breaks no weight classes nothing .

these rules are only in place due to athletic commissions : or ufc was gonna be banned thus why gracies sold it and now gayna white owns it .ufc was barred from the USA under gracie rules

http://www.cagepotato.com/video-ror...as-against-rules-and-time-limits-being-added/ @ 1:49 listen "watch in full"

its a show ,not a fight .To many ppl can fight with rules to they advantage "rorion gracie"

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
How many times are you going to express the same thing?

It's a business. Blood and guts shit's fine for sadists but doesn't sell many tickets.

RidgeRebel

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

Ohhhh, man, I wish I could go back in time. I'd take state.

FlaDankster

Veteran
Evolved lmao . Time limits weight classes ect is evolved??? its going backwards if u ask me ...tell me this how many times have your favorite fighters lost or went to decision when u would really would liked to watch and really see who could beat who .

like I said they are girls none of them would make it as a champ under old rules . they know how to use the clock and other things when gassed .I cant count how many ppl lastnight looked at the clock .waitin to be saved from the bell.

weight classes explain how this is a true test of a warrior . doesn't prove your the best proves your the best in your weight class

Cardio lmao 95% of ufc has a 25 min cardio lol . I remember shamrock and gracie goin over a 35mins in one match some gracies have faught for several hrs w/o a break or nothing .

Lmao at standing fighters up after so long when ufc was built off GJJ

talk all the shit u want but the old guys in they prime would walk threw any of todays ufc would love to see todays fighters fight 30mins non stop LMFAO

http://mmatrainingworkoutsonline.com/mma-fight-videos/ufc-5/royce-gracie-vs-ken-shamrock-2/ watch this 30 min real fight no breaks no weight classes nothing .

these rules are only in place due to athletic commissions : or ufc was gonna be banned thus why gracies sold it and now gayna white owns it .ufc was barred from the USA under gracie rules

http://www.cagepotato.com/video-ror...as-against-rules-and-time-limits-being-added/ @ 1:49 listen "watch in full"

its a show ,not a fight .To many ppl can fight with rules to they advantage "rorion gracie"

Maybe you should get your bad ass self in there and show every one how it should be done.

:tiphat:

SneakySneaky

Veteran
Calling current UFC fighters girls as a form of insult? Maybe you should try to spar with Rowdy Rhonda. We could get a collection for your airfare, hospital bills though are your own responsibility.

Billy, let's send him to Cyborgs house. I'll throw in on the ticket, then we can do a server auction fund raiser for the hospital bill.

M

Mtn Dew

Billy, let's send him to Cyborgs house. I'll throw in on the ticket, then we can do a server auction fund raiser for the hospital bill.

LMAO like rorion "founder of UFC" said in the interview ."Its a show now its not a real deal fight . ill express this as many times as needed" . UFC is a joke just like rorion says .why u think they sold it for . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8UobmN1A-g when u can fight anyone at any size until a winner comes out the cage ill call these fucks in ufc girls. like rorion says in video interview they can use the rules as a advantage .maybe the spider and couple others would do 4-5 fights a night but 90% of ufc couldn't do it just watch the video how bout this I respect a few in the ufc . I know I wouldn't take a loss on my record if I wasn't ko'd or tapped out would u to many what ifs and to many playing the rules time limits are disrespect tot all JJ sambo ect a fight should never be rushed but on your own time rushed is how u get beat up

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I thought that knee caught him in the face/head as well as the chest, but that's just me.
I also don't know why, when he fell down after attempting that ill-advised spinning back fist, he crawled against the cage instead of shooting for Silva's legs.
One thing you don't do against Silva is back away and wait for him to find the range and pummel you. You close the range and grapple with him, his reach and striking are too good to mess with him at a distance...

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Good fracking riddance to Chael Sonnen
He got the flogging he deserved :good: and should go over to WWE with Lesnar :biglaugh:
:joint:

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
How much you wanna bet anderson pulls a floyd mayweather when it comes to fighting Bones Jones.

They asked him about it at the post fight presser and he stated that he had no interested in fighting him. Bones tweeted that the feeling was mutual.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
One mistake by Sonnen and Silva beat Sonnen the first time. One mistake and x2.... Amazing how little it takes for him get the advantage and finish the fight.

Beltor left his chin out and he gets kicked in it, fight over. Sonnen falls down and covers up, fight over. They would have been fine if fighting just about anyone else.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
They asked him about it at the post fight presser and he stated that he had no interested in fighting him. Bones tweeted that the feeling was mutual.

Silva's not stupid. Jones might be an inch taller but close to seven inches reach advantage. Jones' legs might be considerably longer as well... fucking frog. :)

IMO, Silva's interests lie with the middleweight division more than the disinterest in Jones specifically. He doesn't want anything to do with the light heavyweight division. He might consider it but only if doctor evil puts the screws to him.

I think his overall record includes 6 losses, outside UFC of course. Dana needs to sign somebody on par with this guy or get his ass a Don King wig and dance for the cameras.

Just kidding. Dana's no Don King and UFC's nothing close to professional boxing.

M

Mtn Dew

Let me put it this way for those who are fucking dumb as can be .

Under gracie rules it took a special kind of warrior to be a champ "this is what bothers me most " take rounds and time limits out watch a lot of fighters become nobodys . those who abuse the clock

Under the current rules anyone can be a champ in 25 mins

Credit to silva he finishes and doesn't win by decision

Like stated me and any of u fight we gunna take a break at 3 5 min mark LOL ????

I get u on the ground one of our buddys going stand us up lmao??

how bout no knees to the head if 3 point of my body touch the ground also .

we will also toss in no strikes to back of head

toss on some itty bitty gloves then we will fight after we establish all this LMMFAO

Like stated :

Its now a show , No longer a real test of two men When we (gracies) owned UFC 2 walk in and one walks out. fights are decided by win or loss not by judges :Rorion Gracie

Every fight I been in I don't remember none of these rules .DO U???

RidgeRebel

i get what you're saying. pretty sure we all do.. Wanderlei Silva's a perfect example of how rules affect a fighter. pride rules he killed, ufc rules he can't win. his style doesn't fit the rules (and he has a glass jaw now but thats neither here nor there).

average street fight lasts 30 seconds tho. and if i see my buddy getting hit in the back of the head or knee'd while he's down, I'm breaking that shit up. and yes, you will want to take a break after 5 minutes (if it lasts that long).

RidgeRebel

SilvakneesSonnenUFC1481.gif

I like it.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
y9AHs.gif

This is the shot right here that set everything up and rocked Sonnen into making insane mistakes...

When those hands go down, you know someone is about to get clocked :D

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Let me put it this way for those who are fucking dumb as can be .

Under gracie rules it took a special kind of warrior to be a champ "this is what bothers me most " take rounds and time limits out watch a lot of fighters become nobodys . those who abuse the clock

Under the current rules anyone can be a champ in 25 mins

Credit to silva he finishes and doesn't win by decision

Like stated me and any of u fight we gunna take a break at 3 5 min mark LOL ????

I get u on the ground one of our buddys going stand us up lmao??

how bout no knees to the head if 3 point of my body touch the ground also .

we will also toss in no strikes to back of head

toss on some itty bitty gloves then we will fight after we establish all this LMMFAO

Like stated :

Its now a show , No longer a real test of two men When we (gracies) owned UFC 2 walk in and one walks out. fights are decided by win or loss not by judges :Rorion Gracie

Every fight I been in I don't remember none of these rules .DO U???

I like it to I just think ATLEAST title fights should be under the old rules these 2 no time limits no rounds

How 'bout some limits on repeating the same shit?